A Pastor's Sketches: Conversations with Anxious Souls Concerning the Way of Salvation

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"A Pastor's Sketches is a sobering and challenging reminder that the Holy Spirit is the true agent of conversion. This book is urgently needed today when so much of our evangelism is patterned after current marketing methods. It has deeply convicted me to always seek to be in tune with the Holy Spirit as I minister to others." -Jerry Bridges, author of numerous books, "Wit...more
Published July 28th 2006 by Solid Ground Christian Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Pastor's Sketches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pastor's Sketches

Mark
This is an amazing collection of stories from a Presbyterian pastor in the early 1800s concerning his conversations with lost people who need Jesus. I was inspired, instructed and encouraged as I read through theses conversations. For anyone wanting to grow in fervor for evangelism, this is a very helpful book to read.
Logan Almy
A must read for the Pastor. Spencer's sketches teach us by example how to minister to the various kinds of persons and conditions encountered in gospel ministry.
Bruce
A must read! The Bible comes first, then Pilgrim's Progress, then this book...it is that important!
Victor B
Excellent sketches of many different religious / spiritual conversations.
Reik
Reik marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Waking Eutychus
Waking Eutychus marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Matt Bridges
Matt Bridges marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Matt Bridges
Matt Bridges marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Casey Kuhlman
Casey Kuhlman is currently reading it
Nov 06, 2013
Joseph
Joseph added it
Jul 15, 2013
Scott
Scott added it
Apr 11, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Burton
Burton marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
A Pastor's Sketches - Vol 2 The National Warning a Sermon A Pastor's Sketches, or Conversations with Anxious Inquirers Respecting the Way of Salvation Volume 1 A Pastor's Sketches; Or, Conversations with Anxious Inquirers ... [1st-2D Series] The Life and Sermons of Ichabod Spencer: Vol. 3