The Ten Golden Rules: Ancient Wisdom from the Greek Philosophers on Living the Good Life
Living the good life doesn't require a lot of money or even any faith. The Ten Golden Rules condenses the wisdom of the ancient Greeks into 10 memorable and easy-to-understand rules that, if lived by, can enable modern readers to have rich, meaningful lives.
Each chapter examines a rule:
1. Examine life
2. Worry only about those things under your control
3. Treasure friendship
This is a really quick read, even for a slow reader such as myself. I was able to finish this book in about two hours. I felt that it was a really good foundation to Leadership and Self-Deception. While this bo ...more
I liked the cool calming colors of the cover.
•In compliance with FTC guidelines, received the book for free through Goodreads Fir ...more
1. Examine life.
2. Worry only about the things you can control.
3. Treasure friendship.
4. Experience true pleasure.
5. Master yourself.
6. Avoid excess.
7. Be a responsible human being.
8. Don’t be a prosperous fool.
9. Don’t do evil to other people.
10. Kindness toward others tends to be rewarded.
It could be a good start as an introduction to philosophy or as a didactic tool.
I would consider it as a gift for a high school graduate and I also plan to use it with my team at work.