Start by marking “Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4)

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #4)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  57,036 Ratings  ·  1,626 Reviews
With unraveled embroidery and fraying hems, the Traveling Pants are back for one last, glorious summer.
Lena: Immerses herself in her painting and an intoxicating summer fling, fearing that the moment she forgets about Kostos will be the moment she sees him again.
Carmen: Falls under the spell of a sophisticated college friend for whom a theatrical role means everything an
Published January 9th 2007 by Delacorte Books

To ask other readers questions about Forever in Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever in Blue

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann BrasharesAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsLock and Key by Sarah Dessen
Best YA Chicklit
19th out of 568 books — 1,162 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Must Read YA Fiction!
99th out of 1,617 books — 2,708 voters

More lists with this book...

Trina (Between Chapters)
I did really enjoy the depth to the characters in this one. I feel as though the writing has grown a lot since the first book. I maybe connected with each character the most this time around. BUT, I thought this book contained soooo many overdone tropes. And they were so transparent and flimsy!

I was so irritated with Bridget's choices that seemed to stem from nothing more than boredom. (view spoiler)
Jul 19, 2016 Jean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults at heart
I guess the Traveling Pants series couldn't go on forever, especially once the girls started growing up and starting college. As a whole, I would rate the series 4/5 stars. I liked each of the 4 girls for their unique merits/weaknesses/struggles, and the concept of a magical pair of jeans that fit each one of them was special. The collection of memories in the way of scribbles, patches and whatnot on the pants seemed like a cool 3D scrapbook. It reminded me of a journal that 3 other high school ...more
Nov 10, 2012 Claudia rated it really liked it
I've read this series a couple times.
I keep going back because despite what a part of my brain keeps screaming at me, I really do enjoy it.
I've just re-read it again.
I don't know why I do this to myself.

At some points it always drags me in, and I'm convinced that these are great books, and I'm enjoying myself. Then Ann Brashares decides yet again to remind me that YES, BEE'S HAIR IS NICE.

Sometimes I feel that so little of the girls' relationship is even detectable, which makes me think the pant
Nov 03, 2007 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: high school girls, college girls
I enjoyed this last book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series. It wasn't quite as un-put-down-able as the first three books, and it had a different sort of feel, which I think makes sense, because the four girls are older, in college, and pulling away from their joined-at-the-hip friendships and younger lives.

As with the other books, I recognized parts of myself in Carmen, Tibby, Bridget, and Lena (especially Lena). At times, it was annoying how many questions were asked in this book
Colleen  D
Aug 21, 2016 Colleen D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series! One more to go I think...

The only true paradise is paradise lost. - Marcel Proust

One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead. - Oscar Wilde

...and down they forgot as up they grew - e.e. cummings

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song.
A medley of extemporanea:
And love is a thing that can never go wrong:
And I am Marie of Roumania.
-Dorothy Parker

Pain is inevitable: suffering is optional. - Greta Randolph

Make friends with your sweat this summer. She had a kind of boo
Yaz *The Reading Girl*
Review written on June 2nd, 2014

I decided to leave adult books alone for a while. I was getting tired of the same plot of "the guy meets girl. the guy treats her like shit. the girl suffers promising to never love him. Then for some reason they get together again." uggh.

I decided to get back to YA for a while. Well, I do not regret it.

I really enjoyed this series. It was great for me because I could relate to it. The writing was great, the stories were great, the plot was great, and the whole
Dawn Michelle
Apr 12, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who read the first three
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Read the first three books
This is the fourth and last (though at the end of the book, the author hints that she may at some future point revisit these girls) of this series. And to be honest, a lot of the book fell flat for me. A lot of the plot lines are the same (especially with Bee, who's storyline was very similar to book 1 which was kind of annoying to me) and to be honest, some of the "angst" that the girls go through was overdone and rather tedious as well.

To me, the only storyline I rather enjoyed and relate
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)

I quite liked the first book in this series, but it's been a downhill slope since then. The characters felt like they never learnt ANYTHING over the course of the series and continued to make the same string of mistakes.

I don't understand why the hell Kostas was a recurring character. He's the actual worst and having waded through four of these books, I STILL don't know why Lena liked him.

Tibby's relationship with Brian was...super weird, to be honest. She never seemed particularly into
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for

FOREVER IN BLUE is truly a bittersweet book! It has a truly amazing story but I'm sad that this is the final book in the SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS series. I never wanted this series to end! It is a remarkable ending to such a great series, though!

Lena: She is afraid that when she finally forgets about Kostos he will reappear. At her college she is taking a summer painting class and maybe she will meet someone new there.

Carmen: Shy Carmen, w
Aug 05, 2008 Tiffiny rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Mothers of daughters so they know what their children are reading.
I read this one to finish out the series. Knowing who the books are primarily written for, I would strongly recommend that mothers read the book first and then determine if they want their daughters to read it.

The conflicts (for lack of a better word) that the protagonists face in this book are rather mature for a young audience. I would exercise much caution.

I think it could be the catalyst for some important conversations on morality and other coming of age topics, and if used in this contex
Shannon (leaninglights)
Jul 03, 2015 Shannon (leaninglights) rated it it was amazing
This might be my favorite in the original series. Each of the girl's went on a fantastic journey and learned so much about themselves. Pants = Love
Mar 22, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! I always told myself "eh, I'll just put the book down after this chapter ends and wash the dishes," but it's SO GOOD it ends up being an hour before I move from the spot from where I was reading (standing up, of course). I didn't cry at the end, but everything came together and ended quite wonderfully.

This series I'll definitely read again-- I have the 1st movie and love it, but have yet to watch the second because I watched the first 20 min and realized it was a combo
Aug 28, 2008 Brittany rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the rest of the Sisterhood series
Recommended to Brittany by: Myself
How I Came To Read This Book: I read the first three?

The Plot: The Sisterhood is back one last time as the girls regroup following their freshman year at college. Although they've all moved forward with their own lives, the girls still share their magic pants (year-round in fact, since they no longer attend the same school). Carmen has retreated into her shell under the shadow of her new friend Julia - the two girls decide to go to a theatre production for the summer as interns where Julia revea
Jun 15, 2011 Jen rated it did not like it
I’m finished with the Sisterhood series. Reading these books has been like rereading my high school journals -- pathetic and sometimes painful.

They tell the stories of somewhat typical teenage girls making somewhat typical teenage girl mistakes (albeit in atypical places) and therein lies the problem — we usually do not read books to find characters just like us. We’ve already lived through the mundane high school years where everything is drama, drama, drama until it’s over and and a week late
Forever in Blue will leave you feeling miserable and heartbroken. That much could even be suggested in the title. I really enjoyed the journey with these girls and although this one was much more depressing I still reckon this book was worth reading. I would've liked the characters introduced previously to stick around but they were so easily forgotten that I questioned why they were introduced to begin with. (view spoiler) Forever in Blue delivered a bit ...more
May 07, 2015 Noella rated it liked it
Nine months have passed since the previous summer and the girls find themselves once again apart and meeting new people and in some cases leaving people behind.

I've grown to care about these girls so much but this book was so painful to read. It felt like book #3 didn't even happen at all and the girls learnt nothing from past experiences. (view spoiler)
Vickie Wilson
Dec 30, 2015 Vickie Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of missing pants
The supposed last book of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series (until Sisterhood Everlasting was released anyway), this book is easily the strongest of the series so far. This time, no character gets left in the background. Lena is struggling with art school and her feelings for Kostos, Tibby is struggling with Scriptwriting and Brian, Carmen surprises herself with an acting role and Bridget goes on an Archeological dig, for some reason.

The book ends really well, with the Sisterhood bac
Reading challenge 2016: #25 A book that takes place during summer.

Me encanta obligarme a leer libros de mierda, pero tengo un límite. No es que este libro sea el peor de todos, pero no tengo ninguna gana de seguir ya esta saga. Sí, aunque me quede uno solo. Los primeros dos me gustaron, el tercero fue como una copia y éste un chiste. Y leer el quinto va a ser una tortura y voy a terminar odiando la historia, la autora y el mundo.

Las protagonistas no crecen una mierda, siempre cometen los mism
May 03, 2014 Bobby rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm not going to lie.. this book I think almost took me a year to read.. It wasn't that I didn't want to read it though, it was that last summer was distracting, and then I find it almost impossible to read anything when I am back at school for the year. When I picked this back up over spring break.. I will admit I had to reread what I had already read.. but I am glad to say I finally finished it after being home for the summer for about a week! ... okay onto the actual book review. This install ...more
Mar 06, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
This was my least favorite of the series. While you could probably read this one on its own, it would make sense to read the others beforehand. For those not familiar with the series, it revolves around four friends and a special pair of pants that fit all of them. With these pants they experience life and all it has to offer.

In this book the girls have been in college and are doing their different summer activities; but they run into snags as usual. Carmen has found a friend who likes her only
Aug 11, 2011 J added it

This is an all right sequel. If it hadn't had the third book before it, I might give it a better rating. :P I do like what Brashares does with the concept of trying to stay together with your friends after all going your separate ways--you really do have to work at it. While as a whole, perhaps, the book wasn't stunning, it really has some memorable scenes. I absolutely love when Bee goes home and fixes up her family and they cook together. And the depth of T
Feb 07, 2014 Mireille rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
This just isn't very good, huh. Tibby's story is the worst. The wooooorst. I can never understand that kid, even as the narrative spends pages and pages on her fucked-up thoughts. Lena's adventures at art school are fun, but also, ugh, Kostos. Carmen finding herself is okay? Although why Brashares felt she had to give this story to her most self-assured character is weird. And I love Bridget's story, as usual, though I wish we had much more of her rebuilding her family. The last days in Santorin ...more
May 09, 2015 Markus rated it liked it
This book was alright, but it could have been so much better. I really liked some parts of it, but overall it just wasn't as good as the other ones have been. It was really predictable and dumb in some places. A lot of the things we had actually already been through in previous books, so I was underwhelmed. This book dealt with a lot, but it didn't really give conclusions to anything. I did like all of the storylines at times, but they weren't as coherent as in the earlier books. I don't think I ...more
Audrey Willis
Feb 05, 2016 Audrey Willis rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Well, it was another enjoyable read from Ann Brashared. I really enjoyed The Sisterhood's adventure in their four summers. Though some stories were a little bit unrealistic and exaggerated, it was fun and entertaining as a whole story.
Jul 24, 2016 Shelly rated it it was amazing
Man this one put me through the ringer.
Can't believe it took me till book 4, to realise each prologue is written by a different girl. This book was left the the lively Bridget.
For this one I think the theme is love. Family, each other, parteners and themselves.
I had a bit of trouble with Tibbys view of Brian, she seemed to keep changing her mind set on whether he was pressuring her for sex or not. I'm not sure if it was Tibbys thinking, or confusing writing.
Personally this one hits home a lot mo
Aug 15, 2016 Chloe rated it really liked it

It was slow in the beginning, but by the last third I just couldn't stop reading.
Sep 01, 2014 Audrey rated it did not like it
The reason I rated this one star is because of the girls' relationships in this book. I didn't like how their relationships took over the book and were serious. What I loved about the series was how it was about staying true to yourself and your friends and how the girls were such good friends to each other, so this book bothered me because it didn't have that same idea. As a whole, I'd rate the series 4 stars, but this book kind of ruined some of it for me.
Daria Marshall
Jul 27, 2016 Daria Marshall rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Bridget - GIRL. STOP. YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND. YOUR PROFESSOR HAS A FAMILY. STOP STOP STOP. I am so frustrated with her - has she learned nothing?!

Tibby - I understood her freakout about how her first time was basically rape (or at least, I never saw where she said yes) and possible pregnancy. However, I still think she was a little vicious to Brian. And then the whole thing with Effie and Brian and just. No. I was over that storyline really quickly.

Lena - I really wanted her and Leo together. They
Wasn't as good as the other ones
Sep 29, 2016 Mom2triplets04 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own-tbr
I listened to this on audio. This was my least favorite of the 4 books. Please note that there is mature content in this book (sexual content). The author continues with the quotes that aren't even related to the story at each chapter and the changing of POV's without warning continues to be an issue confusing the reader.
which of the girls could you most relate to in this book? 15 97 Nov 12, 2014 07:19PM
Kostos Vs. Leo Vs. Paul 7 40 Oct 16, 2013 07:12PM
Lena and Kostos.... 9 57 Jul 07, 2012 10:17PM
  • Perfect Fifths (Jessica Darling, #5)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Love and Peaches (Peaches, #3)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Championne (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #5)
  • American Beauty (A-List, #7)
  • Skinny-Dipping
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
Ann Brashares grew up in Chevy Chase, Maryland, with three brothers and attended a Quaker school in the D.C. area called Sidwell Friends. She studied Philosophy at Barnard College, part of Columbia University in New York City. Expecting to continue studying philosophy in graduate school, Ann took a year off after college to work as an editor, hoping to save money for school. Loving her job, she ne ...more
More about Ann Brashares...

Sisterhood (5 books)
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5)

“Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” 1247 likes
“some people fall in love over and over again while some people can only do it once.” 348 likes