Start by marking “Sis Boom Bah” as Want to Read:
Sis Boom Bah

Sis Boom Bah

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Having a sister means always having to say you're sorry.

What can make sisters stop talking to each other for years? If it's the Peltz sisters, just about anything can touch off an estrangement! In fact, the latest spat between Deborah, a soap opera writer in New York, and Sharon, a wedding planner in Boca Raton, has lasted two years. But when their mother has a heart attac
Published May 15th 2000 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published April 15th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sis Boom Bah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sis Boom Bah

Sharal Hunter
Good story with a fast pace that kept my interest to the book. The story had a little bit of the ridiculous towards the end when Deborah and Ray confront the killer; it was a little over the top. Deborah and Sharon's relationship was majorly petty; women in their 40's to be acting that way was very childish. I'm glad they resolved their differences (for now at least) and learned to accept one another. I never did understand what their problem was to begin with beyond the sibling rivalry and jeal ...more
Lisadunbar22
This book is hilarious. Written long ago in 1999! I thought I had read all Jane's books then found this one at the library. It did not disappoint. Laugh out loud humor before LOL existed. If you have a sister buy her a copy and read it at the same time. Someone should make this into a Lifetime Movie.
Sarah Keltner
This book was pretty good. Kind of silly though.
Anita
Nov 10, 2008 Anita rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who has a sister
Heller is riotously funny. Out of all her books, this one made me laugh the most. Just about anything can touch off an estrangement between the Peltz sisters. The latest spat between Deborah, a soap opera writer in New York, and Sharon, a wedding planner in Boca Raton, has lasted two years. But when their mother has a heart attack, the sisters rally around her and promise to behave themselves. The only glitch in their peace pact is Mom's doctor. He's single, good-looking, wealthy...and coming on ...more
Nancye
My mother handed me this book, told me to read it and then pass it along to my sister. She seemed to want me to learn from it. I'm not sure what though. I asked if she wanted us to throw her a 75th birthday party with a theme when she gets that far but mom wasn't interested. And I'm not sure I want to have some of the experiences these sisters had. But it was a cute book with some fun twists. Easy read and if you have a sister who annoys you then you'll get a kick out of it.
Sharon
Heller is usually a good, light read and I appreciate her sense of humor. This one fell a little flat, though. The antagonistic relationship between the sisters and the way the narrator described it just didn't seem natural. Not that sisters don't fight, it's just that I don't think most people engage in so much meta-analysis of their interactions. Otherwise a fairly straightforward whodunnit.
Brenda
Melissa

It's about sisters that fight constantly and it takes something really drastic to bring them together.

This was a pretty good book. It was definitely entertaining, I just kept getting distracted, but then I would start reading and not want to put it down.
Elaine
The story takes place in Stuart, FL. I lived there for a short time and I enjoyed reading about all the familiar places. The story was so laugh out loud funny. Very entertaining and I loved it...
Sari Lynn
Light but fun book about sibling rivalry. A combination of chick-lit and cozy mystery. People Magazine named it a "Beach Book of the Week", which pretty much says it all.
Famma
It was a fun read. I totally understand the drama sisters create, sometimes they can be real pain in the neck. It was humorous, thrilling and full of suspense.
Suzanne
A bit too chick-littish for me. But it did turn out to include murder, sibling rivalry, and embezzlement to perk it up~ A very quick summer read!
Graceann
Nov 28, 2007 Graceann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Shelves: chick-lit
Jane Heller targets the comically antagonistic relationship between sisters, and throws in a murder mystery just for the heck of it, in this fun beach read.
Pilar
This book got me hooked into reading everything she has written. All of her stories are so funny and entertaining, you won't put it down.
Rlgriffith
I generally judge books by their cover...this book was fun, but too long. I didn't care what happened to the characters by the end.
Erica
found this book at the work book exchange
it was so bad, I'm actually recycling it, rather than put it back :)
Robyn
This was my first novel that I read by Jane Heller, and I enjoyed it. It was a fun read, and really cute.
Maria
made me laugh, and made me want a sister! :-) really kept my attention
Emily
A light, fun, chick lit mystery. Just what the doctor orders for mid-summer.
Stephanie
A good book to read while lying on the floor in excruciating back pain.
Amber Simmons
U shold definetli read it if you have a sisa yhu eva wanted 2 kill
Shinnelle
IT IS A REALLY REALLY GOOD BOOK ! IF UR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BORIN8
April Nowling
Very cute! The kind of book that you don't want to be over.
sis
Jul 10, 2012 sis rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
maybe i didn't get the sisters angle, but i skipped ahead, a lot!!
Meriehellene
One part mystery three parts comedy.
Ellenjsmellen
Another cute Jane Heller read.
Jenny Hoerauf
It had a good sister dynamic
Cathy
Oct 13, 2010 Cathy added it
So far so good
Kim
Jan 19, 2010 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
funny!
Melanie Branch
Melanie Branch marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • A Comedy of Heirs (Torie O'Shea, #3)
  • A Farewell to Yarns (Jane Jeffry, #2)
  • Pen Pals
  • Keep Your Mouth Shut and Wear Beige
  • Where Is He Now?
  • The Dark Place (Gideon Oliver, #2)
  • Lucy Crocker 2.0
  • Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)
  • Cold Tea on a Hot Day (Valentine, #3)
  • Switched, Bothered and Bewildered
  • Circus of Sins (Kayla Steele, #3)
  • The Runaways (Zelda and Ivy #4)
  • Aphrodite's Secret (Superhero Central #3)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Plan B
  • Southern Comforts
  • Guinness World Records 2007 [With Trading Cards]
  • The Balloon Man (Kelling & Bittersohn, #12)
Jane Heller, a New York native who migrated to Santa Barbara, is the author of 13 novels of romantic comedy, including "Name Dropping," "Lucky Stars," and "Princess Charming." Nine of Heller's novels have been optioned for film or television, and all of them have been translated in countries around the world and are now available in ebook editions. Her first book of nonfiction, "Confessions of a S ...more
More about Jane Heller...
Female Intelligence Name Dropping Best Enemies Some Nerve An Ex To Grind: A Novel