Start by marking “Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)

Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow #6)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,334 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Fira is a take-charge light-talent fairy, who never asks for help. So when all the fireflies come down with the firefly flu, who organizes light for Pixie Hollow? Fira. When three new light-talent fairies arrive on the same day, who volunteers to look after them? Fira. And when the mining-talent fairies set off on their monthly expedition into the underground caves, who li ...more
Published January 8th 2007 by A Stepping Stone Boook (first published September 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fira and the Full Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fira and the Full Moon

Isabelle.n.c
Sep 13, 2009 Isabelle.n.c rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favorite books because it was about a fairy named Fira and she's a really hard worker. She's a light (glow) fairy that helps people in the dark. During full moons she lights paths to a cave. Three new fairies arrive and she has to teach them to work together as a team. Fira's light goes out when she needs to light the way for many people in a mine; then the three new fairies realized that they had to help their new friend and work together. I like this book beacause it sho ...more
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Boy, oh boy, are Sparkle, Helios and Glory ever a handful. They get into everything and don't listen to Fira at all. Whenever she gives them a little freedom, they usually end up making mistakes that Fira has to apologize for.

I felt sorry for Fira having to watch over these three new fairies. Having been both a parent and an elementary school teacher, I know what a handful children can be. And did she ever have some trouble wrangling in these three, I can tell you. To top it off, Fira still had
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Although the title of the book might seem slightly ominous, the book is simply another very good book in this very good series from Disney.

Fira is a light talent fairy in charge of others and a severe problem arises when the lightning bugs become ill and are no longer able to help light Pixie Hollow. She and the other light-talent fairies will have to work extra-hard to fill in for them.

While this is going on, three new fairies arrive and Fira is put in charge of them. Unfortunately, the three t
Theresa
Oct 13, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it
This really shouldn't be called Fira and the full moon. It barely even mentions the full moon. Maybe Fira and the New Fairies. Or Fira the over worked fairy.

Anyway, Fira has been very busy and that was before the fireflies caught the flu. So when three new light talent fairies are born, she is so happy to have more help. Unfortunately, they are a lot of trouble. Well, they are brand new and all. They manage to make Fira even more exhausted.

Then she realizes there will be no fireflies to help the
Lizzy Holmes
Oct 29, 2010 Lizzy Holmes rated it it was amazing
I like little kid books, I don't know why!
Rachel
Jun 12, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Adorable, and the first fairy book with 3 fairies made from the same laugh! Triplets! So cute as Fira tries to handle all her responsibilities and introduce the 3 bumbling siblings to Pixie Hollow before the night of the blue full moon.
Cassie
Feb 10, 2012 Cassie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children, light-hearted readers
I had been reading some pretty serious literature at this time of my life (I am 30 years old) and I needed a break from it. Sometimes even an adult can get something out of a children's book. This book was about problems of living, but set in the world of faeries.

The problems that were present here were very simple things and easily fixed which was nice to see. It was just a fun easy read for me that showcases that there isn't all this horribleness in our world all of the time. I was really hap
Kaytee
Jan 07, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
i thought it was sad when the fireflies had the flu this book was really good and very intense
an
May 22, 2012 an rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya, dunia-rhe-dulu
apa jadi na kalau yang kau butuhkan hanya tidur. kepala pusing, jalan berasa melayang, konsentrasi ga fokus, bediri pun ga bisa lurus. hampir setiap selesai trip rhe berasa seperti itu. andai ada libur satu hari lagi saja. tapi untuk kasus fira dia kecapekan bukan karena trip, karena kerjaan, karena tanggung jawab. dan di tengah kantuk yang melanda dasyat dia masih mennjalankan tugas-tugas yang tidak bisa didelegasikan kepada orang lain. dan akhir na... dia membuat kekacauan ketika dia merasa di ...more
Blerina Bela
i
dont no
Dyah
Nov 03, 2012 Dyah rated it liked it
In this story, we get to know how fairies are born.

I'm not particularly fond of Fira the light fairy, but I admit that she's one of the beautiful fairies. She's also mature and able to handle 3 new fairies quite well under stress, though she have a trust issue.
Mindy
Mar 05, 2012 Mindy rated it really liked it
My children and I love reading these books together. It always teaches great lessons, it is a nice and enjoyable read, as well as beautiful and vivid illustrations! This book is no exception and we enjoyed reading about Fira's journey as a light fairy!
e.c.h.a
Lebih suka kisahnya Vidia sama Lily...konfliknya kurang tapi gue kasih tambahan 1 bintang karena ada hidden message-nya gimana menjadi seorang pemimpin yang baik, seorang pemimpin harus bisa juga menjadi anggota dari timnya. Nice....
Kayla
Dec 07, 2008 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 6 to 9 year old
Shelves: fairy-tales
This was a great book, and I really enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to finally find out how fairies come come to Pixie Hollow and discover their special talent. So read this book to find out how. :-)
Ryan Miller
Jul 24, 2012 Ryan Miller rated it liked it
Fira learns to ask for help and rely on others as well as herself in this tale from Pixie Hollow. The writing is solid and the characters seem real (as real as fairies can be). Early readers should enjoy it.
Mal
May 09, 2011 Mal rated it really liked it
These are fast reads and you don't have to read them in order. In fact, until now I didn't know that they were a series, lol! I liked this one.
Windmill D2
Feb 17, 2012 Windmill D2 rated it it was amazing
Tu:this story is about a fairy who had a light talent.If you like to read about fairies you will like it.
Alexandria
Dec 09, 2011 Alexandria rated it really liked it
This was so cute when I read it. The pictures are cute and the story is wondurful.
Kalle
Dec 06, 2008 Kalle rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Kalle by: me
This book is very very cool it has a ton of action and sadness in it!!
Honeypie
Jul 29, 2012 Honeypie rated it it was amazing
I liked the book because they had triplet fairies. The triplets were a handful.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it liked it
fira can't find her way out of the mine when the firefly's light goes out.
The names Su..(:
Jul 31, 2009 The names Su..(: rated it it was amazing
interesting, haven't read it in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time so, yeah...
Jenise
Dec 13, 2008 Jenise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magical lovers
Recommended to Jenise by: no one
loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talia  S
this book is good for children. i liked it when i was a bit smaller!
Sue
Feb 11, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: moms, girls
sweet! my daughter and i love this series of fairy books!
Annie
Jan 04, 2009 Annie marked it as to-read
I cant wait to read this!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOW!!!!!
Biscuit247
Oct 17, 2012 Biscuit247 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
Fira learned that sometimes you need help!
Ciera
Aug 14, 2009 Ciera rated it it was ok
This book was okay - they're just WAY too easy.
Sammi
Oct 28, 2008 Sammi added it
it is a great book. I really love it.
Jaime
Apr 15, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
We love all the disney fairies series!
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • Tinker Bell and the Wings of Rani (Disney Fairies Graphic Novel, #2)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • The Peskie Spell (Fairy Realm, #9)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
Creative storyteller and arts consultant Dr. Gail N. Herman has performed and taught storytelling extensively throughout the United States, as well as in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Jamaica, Germany, Ghana, India, and the Virgin Islands. Besides performing for students in schools and libraries, Dr. Herman works with teachers and helping professionals to infuse storytelling and the kinesthetic, mus ...more
More about Gail Herman...

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)