Start by marking “At Blanchard's Table: A Trip to the Beach Cookbook” as Want to Read:
At Blanchard's Table: A Trip to the Beach Cookbook

At Blanchard's Table: A Trip to the Beach Cookbook

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The next best thing to actually living on an island paradise is being able to bring a bit of paradise home. Bob and Melinda Blanchard shared their own “paradise found” in their book A Trip to the Beach, the true story of the couple’s adventures as they escaped civilization to open a restaurant on the Caribbean island of Anguilla. Now in At Blanchard’s Table, the couple ext ...more
Published March 25th 2003 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about At Blanchard's Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Blanchard's Table

Keri West
Jul 12, 2015 Keri West rated it liked it
Shelves: food
A couple chuck their stateside life and open a five-star restaurant on a tropical island. It's a very stressful, alienating, expensive and apparently "worth it" in the end. But I got the feeling that the Blanchards never really fit in with the island. All and all, an enjoyable read but not as relaxing as the similar tropically themed "An Embarressment of Mangoes" by Ann Vanderhoof .
Lisa
May 23, 2007 Lisa rated it really liked it
I bought this after eating at Blanchard's on Anguilla & reading "A Trip to the Beach". I love looking at it & love the Caribbean flavor to a lot of their dishes... recipes are mostly on the easy side, and I really should use this cookbook more!!! They also have some great "quick" ideas and tips at the beginning of each section for easy entertaining or throwing something together at the last minute.
Jim
Nov 01, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I borrowed this from the library because several of the vegetable recipes looked really good, and the ones I've made haven't disappointed. There are a couple of chicken dishes that I want to try too, before I have to return it.
Lisa Balbone-grupenhoff
Apr 05, 2013 Lisa Balbone-grupenhoff rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite cookbooks. Love the Feta Cheese Spread, Barbecued Chicken, Caribbean Corn Bread, Potato Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Orzo Salad recipes. Beautiful photos.
Pudds Downing
Aug 24, 2008 Pudds Downing rated it it was amazing
I am already in love with this cookbook and I haven't tried a single recipe yet. It's just so beautiful and the recipes make my mouth water thinking about them.
Missy
Sep 29, 2008 Missy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Definitely taking this one to the beach; so many yummy things that would work well there
Kathryn Roberts
Kathryn Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jun 03, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Anne Ritchings
Anne Ritchings rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Melissa Hinkle
Melissa Hinkle rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Liz
Liz added it
Dec 02, 2015
Ray Arsenault
Ray Arsenault rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Kirstin Piche
Kirstin Piche marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Bkm
Bkm rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Casey
Casey rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Andi Lemmon
Andi Lemmon rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Gemma JnBaptiste
Gemma JnBaptiste rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Abbe
Abbe rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Jun 07, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Pearl Read
Pearl Read marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015