Start by marking “Dog Warrior (Ukiah Oregon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dog Warrior (Ukiah Oregon, #4)

Dog Warrior (Ukiah Oregon #4)

On the run from a fanatical cult, Ukiah Oregon is surprised to discover Atticus Steele, a brother he didn't know he had. He's even more surprised when Atticus involves them in the traffic of an alien drug that could end up getting them both killed.
Published October 5th 2004 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Dog Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog Warrior

Gbina
Jun 09, 2008 Gbina rated it it was amazing
Wen Spencer is my favorite author. I am no literary critic, so I don't know if her writing is technically sound, but her characters are captivating. I am a huge 'character' reader and Wen has a way of making me love every single character in the story. I never get annoyed when she switches perspective from one character to another, because I love them all and want to know what is happening to everyone.

In the fourth Ukiah Oregon book (probably the last), Ukiah discovers he has a 'brother'. Meet
Emily G
Apr 12, 2014 Emily G rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to re-reading this book the most because in it we meet Atticus Steele, Ukiah's brother, who is in a gay relationship with a Japanese man called Ru. However, I didn't find myself liking Atticus that much this time round. I couldn't really understand his thinking, especially when it came to Ukiah.

Also, Atticus came across as a bit of a pseudo gay, as he isn't that comfortable making love to Ru. It gave me the overall impression that he was het really, and just in a gay relati
Joy
Apr 06, 2013 Joy rated it liked it
Not sure why this is listed as syfy romance. Spencer writes good, vivid action sequences without the long emo tangents about broken hearts, abuse or dead pets that I find in bodice rippers. There is a love/sex moments but not dominating the plot. However it isn't a gory horror story so I suppose it's more feminine in taste.

No real conclusion to make this the final book although it is the last published. Brothers find each other and the crazies get mashed.
Text Addict
The final volume of the series adds Ukiah's long-lost "brother," Atticus Steele, to the toxic mix of the Ontongard, the surviving elements of the Temple of New Reason, the DEA, the FBI, and the Pack. Once again, it's hard to discuss the plot without spoiling it; it's also very complex, with parties who ought to be allied working at cross-purposes and so forth. Suffice it to say that the Ontongard are trying to bring in allies and both the Temple and the Ukiah/Atticus/Pack side want to stop them. ...more
Barb in Maryland
Aug 16, 2008 Barb in Maryland rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-f-goodies
I was very disheartened to read on the author's Web site that she propbably would not be doing any more Ukiah Oregon books. Too bad, it was one of my favorite urban sf series.
Carolyn
Apr 14, 2009 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn, I wish this series had sold better. I loved it. Unfortunately, this was the last Ukiah book that was published. Sob.
Julia
Apr 11, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: readers interested in stretching their boundaries
Recommended to Julia by: I read all Wen Spencer!!!
3/25/07 Now I’ve read all of Wen Spencer's books! Waaah!
Atticus Steele and his partner rescue Ukiah from the trunk of a car on their way to a big drug deal of Blissfire in Cape Cod. Atticus doesn’t trust Ukiah at first, he’s wearing a pack jacket, that identifies him to Atticus as an outlaw biker. In the next book I hope Atticus gets to know Ukiah’s wonderful, loving extended family in Pittsburgh and Oregon.

In this exchange FBI agent Indigo Zheng and Atticus are talking.
“She was marrying his br
Viccy
Mar 02, 2011 Viccy rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Millennia ago, the Ontongard left their home world with one directive, to reproduce. They inhabit a planet, assimilate the native species, annihilate everything and move on. Centuries ago, a space ship crashed on Earth. But one mutant Ontongard, Prime, was able to overcome the rest of the ship and prevent Earth from being overtaken. He was able to reproduce himself, but another Ontongard, Hex, was also able to reproduce himself, so the fight continues. Ukiah Oregon is a descendant of Prime, a ...more
Nathan Burgoine
Mar 20, 2012 Nathan Burgoine rated it really liked it
The world of Ukiah Oregon (do start at the beginning, with "Alien Taste") is a strange one. He's part alien, with some rather unique abilities and attributes, and he was found as a wild boy in the woods, and raised by loving lesbian parents. Now Ukiah is a private investigator, and has a partner in the PI business, and a love interest on the side who works for the FBI.

And a horde of alien creatures after him who plot his destruction, and/or use as a breeding subject. Sometimes life is harsh.

In t
Crystal
Aug 21, 2016 Crystal rated it really liked it
I'm guessing this was a wrap. Ukiah has a brother, or rather, another piece of Magic Boy formed another human. This one was found as a tot so has spent most of his life with humans. Their paths cross because once again, Ukiah wasn't using his brain (you're heading out on a mission, a strange person calls you twice, and it never crosses your mind that they're using your phone to track you?). Of course brother Atticus has some foibles too - a DEA agent who drives a jag on the job? Whatever ...more
Julie
Nov 04, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Julie by: happy chance - saw the first two books at a second hand book shop
Ukiah Oregon - is hands down one of the best series I have ever read. It is as good as Jim Butcher's HD books, but sweeter.

Ukiah is a character that has depth and charm not expected from a virus. Just love, love, loved it! Do yourself a favour and read it. I'm sure I have read the series ten times, and will surely read it again.

The whole premise is clever and brillant. Cannot wait for her next project.

However, I hate her covers - they don't do her books justice. But nothing is perfect.

T.
Apr 26, 2016 T. rated it it was amazing
This paperback was loaned to me. An excellent conclusion to the Ukiah Oregon series. I really missed Max, Sam, and the moms, but the new additions -- Ru and Atticus-- were interesting and kept me reading. I'll be reading more from this author. I wish there were more books available in this series, but I'll console myself by reading a new one.
Nicola Pike
Jul 12, 2016 Nicola Pike rated it it was amazing
The last of this series we meet Ukiah's brother. He finds Ukiah dead in the trunk of fanatics' car. HIs life and Ukiah's change when he takes him with him on his mission to find the source of a new street drug.
Eugenides Hermes
Jul 26, 2009 Eugenides Hermes rated it it was ok
I constantly find myself wishing I liked Wen Spencer more than I do. She has interesting ideas, ones you want to follow through. But she sacrifices entire characters, entire plots, entire books for the sake of romance.
Lindig
Sep 23, 2010 Lindig rated it liked it
Shelves: sf
Ukiah spends much of this book exhausted or healing, and focusing on the sudden acquisition of more family. It was interesting and is a close follow-up to #3 Bitter Waters. I thought the ending was very abrupt and lots of loose ends were left dangling.
Frank Taranto
May 22, 2011 Frank Taranto rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Supposed to be the last Ukiah Oregon book. It was alright in that I wanted to finish it as I got near the end. I started losing interest in the characters though, which means I'm not real sad about the series being done but not finished.
Stonemagpie
Jan 25, 2015 Stonemagpie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I wish there was more of this series, I would love to see Atticus meeting Max, Kitt and the rest of the family!
Susie B
Mar 01, 2013 Susie B rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
Hated to find out that this is the last book in the series with no plans for more. Really liked the series.
Hilary
Oct 01, 2009 Hilary rated it did not like it
First book I've read by this author/in this series. I wasn't impressed. The gratuitous sex didn't enhance the story, either. It took me days to slog through.
Giselle
Giselle rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
K Davis
K Davis rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Clyde H. Parsons
Clyde H. Parsons rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2009
Jack Lancaster
Jack Lancaster rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Dakin
Dakin rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
  • Shockball (Stardoc, #4)
  • The Stars Down Under (The Outback Stars #2)
  • Carpe Diem (Liaden Universe, #10)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Hidden in Sight (Web Shifters, # 3)
  • Empire of Bones
  • Cagebird (Warchild #3)
  • Flinx in Flux (Pip & Flinx, #5)
  • Turnskin
  • A Mere Formality
  • The Color of Distance
  • The Silent Strength of Stones (Chapel Hollow #2)
  • Blood Ties (Stargate Atlantis, #8)
John W. Campbell Award Winner Wen Spencer resides in paradise in Hilo, Hawaii with two volcanoes overlooking her home. Spencer says that she often wakes up and exclaims "Oh my god, I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific!" This, says Spencer, is a far cry from her twenty years of living in land-locked Pittsburgh.

According to Spencer, she lives with "my Dali Llama-like husband, my autistic
More about Wen Spencer...

Ukiah Oregon (4 books)
  • Alien Taste (Ukiah Oregon, #1)
  • Tainted Trail (Ukiah Oregon, #2)
  • Bitter Waters (Ukiah Oregon, #3)