Start by marking “Mars, Volume 11” as Want to Read:
Mars, Volume 11

Mars, Volume 11 (Mars #11)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  2,144 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A bad boy can change a good girl forever. Rei is the school delinquent. Kira is shy and studious. What they see in each other is a mystery to their friends. What they find in each other is a miracle to themselves. With a style that is artistic and chic, this tale of restless and confused high school love will appeal to young women everywhere.
Published June 17th 2003 by Tokyopop (first published September 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mars, Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mars, Volume 11

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
202nd out of 655 books — 1,505 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. RowlingFire by Kristin CashoreGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Seeing Red
228th out of 1,357 books — 355 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 02, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing

Today's post is on MARS volume 11 by Fuyumi Soryo. It is the 11th in the series and it published by Tokyopop. The cover has Rei on smiled at the reader. The intended reader is young adult but all the teen drama adults can get a kick out of it too. There is implied sex, violence, and mild language in this volume. The story is told from Kira's perspective with some of Rei's actions added in for character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Back to the Future.

Rei and Kir
Michelle. D.
Jan 08, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it liked it
OK, this is for the overall sereis which I finished on January 8, 2011.

Masao is just a phsyco! He is crazy man, I say crazy. WIth all those stuff and the stuff he says and with his mind tricks and anger problems. He's a m******. Though he says that he isn't. He is though. Remember at the end?! He fully is and I don't care what people think. He fully is one.

OMG! It is so horrible what happened to her! D:

The first thing I wanna point out is that Kira cries a lot. She cries when she is happy. She c
Delie Dell Chua
Mar 21, 2016 Delie Dell Chua rated it it was amazing
The main characters are both broken people with issues and baggage in their life. Each tried to find meaning in their life, ended up falling for each other. A lot of psychological drama and suspense.

Read this manga because it was turned into a Taiwanese drama series.
Oct 11, 2015 Camy rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015 Vicky rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shoujo Fans, Romantics
Rei is the type of guy that Kira couldn't stand; flirty, reckless, and a biker. When a chance encounter leads to Rei saving Kira from a teacher with bad intentions, neither of them know the extent to which the other will impact them.

On the outside, MARS is a typical coming-of-age story centered on the relationship between good girl and a bad boy. But underneath the romance lie stories of suicide, rape and murder; the idea that everyone has a secret to hide, even those who seem most innocent. Wh
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 25, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
Rei has no choice but to ask for help from someone he's been avoiding for a long time now. Kind a sweet near the end. Got intense a little bit in this volume.
Jul 11, 2014 Jessica-Robyn rated it really liked it
I don't know why I love this story so much. It's a weird roller-coaster of happy relief and crushing sympathy. Waiting for the next heartbreaking moment to happen, then smiling when it all comes to past. Maybe I just like to root for the underdogs of the world?

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Rei and his father. I don't really know what to make of all this yet, but I do wonder what will come of it. Will it be good, or bad ...?

You can see my overall review of the complete series (sp
Leila Anani
Jun 22, 2013 Leila Anani rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo-manga
Kira's step father tracks her down and accuses Rei of kidnapping. Rei attacks him and he decides to press charges. Kira feels that her only option is to go back home. Rei's only option is to turn to his father, someone to whom he's tried to sever all ties.

An exciting instalment in the continuing saga. Rei has matured so much that there really does seem a chance that these two might make it against all the odds. I do find Kira a bit submissive and her only expressions do seem to be surprise or te
Feb 25, 2016 Aleina rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I think that when you read a love story, you're always looking for passion, hardship and things that you'd find in an actual relationship in the modern world. This author knew what they were writing then. =)
Feb 27, 2016 Teresa added it

Rei's straightening up I guess

So there's that
Jan 22, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read, shojo_manga
Delicious Strawberry
Nov 14, 2012 Delicious Strawberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fuyumi-soryo
Rei and Kira took a big step in volume 10, and this gives their relationship a new dimension that they have to deal with even as they have to deal with other people in their life and secrets from the past.
Mar 27, 2008 Sianeka rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shoujo, current
Good girl artist Kira falls for bad boy Rei. Can they make their love work? A cute romance story spanning 15 volumes. I liked it so much, I got the entire set. This is volume 11.
Sarah Maddaford
I can't remember exact details, but the earlier volumes were definitely better in my opinion even though the later volumes had more depth of story.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 30, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it really liked it
A gorgeous love story with adult themes such as rape and suicide. The feathery art leaves something to be desired.
May 02, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
**read them all as they became available. Check out the first volume for my review and description.
Aug 31, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Oct 26, 2007 Kat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mars
OMG OMG HE'S GONNA MARRY HER!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS TOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 09, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it
Amazing storytelling, and this is including the remaining 10 books.
Feb 25, 2009 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Mars, Vol. 11 by Fuyumi Soryo (2003)
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
May 06, 2009 Shannon (Twilight Sleep) rated it liked it
A very enjoyable story.
Nicole Loop
Nicole Loop rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Ocegalo rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Savannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Becca added it
Oct 20, 2016
Riri Ventriana
Riri Ventriana marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Stephanie Levangie
Stephanie Levangie marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 3
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 3
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 4 (Marmalade Boy, #4)
Fuyumi Soryo (惣領 冬実 Sōryō Fuyumi?, born January 6, 1959) is a Japanese manga artist from Beppu, Oita, Japan. She is a graduate of the Oita prefectural Geijutsu Midorigaoka High School.

She was born into the home of a master of the Kanze school of Noh. In her childhood she liked to draw pictures of horses and things but had no special interest in manga. While enrolled in fashion college, she happene
More about Fuyumi Soryo...

Mars (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Mars, Volume 01