Cows Can't Jump

Cows Can't Jump

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Is it really true that cows can't jump, gorillas can't swin and sloths can't leap? Yes, but discover what these and other animals can do, as they swing, scamper and glide through Cows Can't Jump! In this humorous and inspirational adventure, animals focus on what they do best, comfortably aware they can't do everything, but proud of their own special skills. Vibrantly illu

Board Book, 44 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Jumping Cow Press

Phillip Whittington
What else can I say but ‘what a great way to teach young children about animals and the words connected to their movements.’
The pictures were great and I absolutely loved the one with the cow swimming.
This is a great point to the picture and talk book that children will enjoy learning from, and I can imagine parents testing their children after reading it about ‘what cows do? What snakes do?’ Etc
Overall I would say that this is a delightfully bright little children’s book, which definitely has...more
Wrighty
This is a delightful children's book with a silly, simple story about animals. Did you know that cows can't jump but they can swim? And gorillas can't swim but can swing? The bright and playful illustrations are fun for everyone. Combined with the repetitive verse they offer teachable moments on every page. Little tots will enjoy learning to identify the animals and their special abilities.

This is a book that is meant to be shared. My favorite three year-old loved it and we've read it again and...more
Kristi Bernard
What do cows, giraffes, bulls and turtles do that other animals can't do? Well, you are about to find out. I thought cows could jump, they can't, but they can swim. Giraffes can't swing but they can gallop. Bulls can't slither but they can stampede. Turtles can't hop but they can dive. This cute tale of what animals can and can't do will have young readers giggling. Basic colorful illustrations help little readers identify the various animals and their abilities. Simple sentences will help reade...more
Madison Kennedy
REVIEW BY MADISON

It’s funny because baby kangaroo has it’s eyes open on the first page and then the baby kangaroo falls asleep in the pouch and the mother doesn’t even notice.

MY Mom's REVIEW

Obviously the illustrations are what impressed my daughter the most.

A great book of compare and contrast on the abilities of many animals with a subtle touch of rhyming words.

The illustrations are cute and I enjoy seeing the canvas stitching details. I also enjoyed the flow from animal to animal as the scener...more
Jess (The Cozy Reader) Kennedy
REVIEW BY MADISON, MY DAUGHTER (VERBATIM)

MY REVIEW

Obviously the illustrations are what impressed my daughter the most.

Terry
Big Kid Reaction: This is a fun book to read aloud and would be perfect for playtime when you want to sneak in reading and get the kids to burn a little energy. I liked the mix of animals, too, and even learned a few things.

Pros: Lots of movement and repetition will engage preschoolers and developing readers alike. The text is simple enough that preschoolers will "read" this independently, too.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
Lisa Maddock
Wow! I give this book 5 stars without hesitation! It is fun, funny, educational and has fabulous illustrations. On top of all of that, it sends a positive message to children. A definite must-read-to for small children, and a must-read for children a bit older and just learning to read. I hope to see more from Dave Reisman!
Emily Tomasik
Cows Can't Jump is a spectacular story that is utterly enjoyable all the way through. It teaches kids an important lesson and is accompanied by super cute illustrations!! Definitely a must read bedtime story for children- I give it 2 thumbs up!
CorLostForWords
Feb 23, 2011 CorLostForWords marked it as to-read
Shelves: for-review
Review forthcoming.
BG Josh
BG Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Sarah Finegan
Sarah Finegan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
GoldfiKids
GoldfiKids marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2011
Mrs Bond
Mrs Bond marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Divine Reader
Divine Reader marked it as to-read
May 17, 2011