Start by marking “The Badger Game” as Want to Read:
The Badger Game

The Badger Game

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Horace Badger, the dean of men of nearby Reliance College had been murdered. By whom and why were the questions. Stosh Klewzewski, leader of the violent Catholic White Knights is charged with the murder. During the trial, the Catholic Church's cover-up of the sexual abuse of hundreds of altar boys came to light. Was Klewzewski and Badger involved? Or know about them? The 1 ...more
Published by Chateau Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about The Badger Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Badger Game

Karina
I won this book in Goodreads FirstReads. Geekily, the first thing I did was calculate my odds. 20 available copies, 769 people entered. My odds of winning assuming that selection was random were 2.6% (1/769 + 1/768 + ... + 1/750). The description of the book sounds kinda anti-Catholic.

I got the book now. It came with a coupon for another free book of the same author (pay only shipping+handling). My first impressions:

* After reading the description on flap of the jacket, I had to make sure if it'
Mandy
Georgiann Hennelly
This is a fantastic legal thriller , and a mystery. The author holds nothing back. This seemed more like a manly read to me. Some readers may take offense to the language and his openness but all in all it was a pretty good book
Lauren
Mar 15, 2010 Lauren marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-won-this-book, own
I won this book! Can't wait to receive it!!
Mwolff
Jun 15, 2010 Mwolff rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers of legal mysteries
Recommended to Mwolff by: Goodreads
Stacey
Won this in the first reads contest and needless to say it was disappointing. The first thing that I noticed about this book was that it was very testosterone filled. There are books that appeal to both sexes, but this one screams manly screams. The first 80-100 pages were completely dull and boring. The story picked up and made for a rather interesting story. Except for the fact that the author felt it necessary to put in gratuitous explicit sex scenes. If you don't want to read in detail about ...more
Diane
Apr 22, 2010 Diane rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: would not recommend it.
Got this book from Goodreads. Couldn't wait to read it.
Boy was I disappointed in reading it. Not the best book I have read. The language was a little over done. Don't think we need all that to tell something. I know people us that langage, but I don't feel we have to have it in books. The people where boring. The story was slow. I got lost in what I was reading. I had to go back to pick up what was being told. Very disappoint, and would not recommend it.
Audra
While I most likely will not read another book by this author, there are men in my life that I would recommed his works too. This is a manly, in your face read. The author holds nothing back and often times for me, discribes in such details, things that made me ill. However, if you can get past the language and his openess, it was a pretty good book.
Linda
FIANALLY FINISHED...won "first-reads"my husband read it first..liked it better then I did..Started our slow,left me with a quezzy stomach
Wendy
Not my favorite read. Slow moving, but I agree with other reviewers it is more a guys type of book.
Denise
Mar 15, 2010 Denise marked it as to-read
I won this on the Re-release contest. I can't wait to get it in the mail!
Arleen Shabel
Fantastic legal thriller, legal mystery
Janine Rubens
Janine Rubens marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
May 04, 2010
Karen Donahue
Karen Donahue marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2010
Meghan
Meghan is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2010
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Francine Anchondo
Francine Anchondo marked it as to-read
Jaimie Sylman
Jaimie Sylman marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela added it
Mar 23, 2010
Crafted as a writer of legal mysteries for the past half-century, Norman Shabel writes every book as if it is the first and last book he will ever write.
The characters in his books are earthy and alive, whether they are good or bad people. The reader can experience the trials and tribulations that those real characters are immersed in.
Taking his enormous experience in almost every facet of our c
More about Norman Shabel...
The Corporation God Knows No Heroes The Aleph Bet Conspiracy Four Women The Burning Gavel