Start by marking “Inside Hitler's Germany: A Documentary History of Life in the Third Reich” as Want to Read:
Inside Hitler's Germany: A Documentary History of Life in the Third Reich

Inside Hitler's Germany: A Documentary History of Life in the Third Reich

A synthetic approach combining political, social, and ideological texts offers students a wide perspective on life in Hitler's Germany. Unit I considers the political history of Germany from 1918 to 1938; Unit II focuses upon National Socialist ideology and the dictatorship of 1938-1945; Unit III considers Nazi power in its police and military forms.
Published November 1st 2004 by D.C. Heath (first published January 2nd 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Inside Hitler's Germany, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Hitler's Germany

Valerie
This is not the edition I read, but the edition I read (in three volumes) was a library edition, so the dust covers may have been removed.

The Nazi party existed before Hitler took it over. After WWI, Hitler was employed as a spy, infiltrating and analyzing various dissident groups, and reporting back on them to his superiors. He found the Nazi party having regular meetings (often in the Hofbrauhaus in Munich). He dismissed them rapidly as a beer-drinking and political gossip society (if they had
Constance Wallace
Dec 08, 2011 Constance Wallace rated it really liked it
A fantastic collection of primary documents such as "Hitler's Speech Dedicating the House of German Art" in July 1937 to inside memos about the everyday workings with the government of the Third Reich. A required reading for my special topics class "The Third Reich," and a valuable teaching and resource tool.
Josh Liller
This is a collection of primary sources and I have yet to find such books very interesting. I was originally given this by a friend who had to read it for a History of Modern Germany college class. It sat on my bookshelf for a couple years before I ended up having it as assigned reading for my own Hitler & Nazi Germany class. I never did finish it, but still got an A in the class. With too many other books a higher priority, this one is going back on my bookshelf indefinitely. Maybe I will ...more
Heather
May 17, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
I used this book when I was taking a Nazi Germany class as an undergrad. It was many different types of primary documents which allow the budding historian to get first hand knowledge of the Third Reich and allow them to make their own conclusions. It's a useful and interesting volume.
Kendall
Dec 12, 2010 Kendall rated it really liked it
A lot of first hand documents and accounts from the Nazi era. Read it for my class, but it was very informative.
Joe Saloom
Jan 01, 2009 Joe Saloom rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
Required reading for my History of Modern Germany Class. It was a little boring of a read but very thorough in its investigation of every aspect of Hitler and his many influences to Germany.
Jack
Jul 06, 2007 Jack added it
i haven't read this one either. hitler? todd, isn't sax so post-post-modern? (by the way, ppm is a real school of thought.)
Kim
Jan 25, 2008 Kim rated it it was ok
A little dry and statistical at times but it covers the economics, politics, and culture of Germany from the early days of the Nazi Party through the war years.
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2010
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Jessicarr
Jessicarr rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2008
Amber Melfi
Amber Melfi rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Bo
Bo rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2008
Jade
Jade rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Galen Turner
Galen Turner rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
john bratowicz
john bratowicz rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2009
Allie
Allie rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Christal
Christal rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Clark Judkins
Clark Judkins rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
K8
K8 rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
Doug Strouth
Doug Strouth rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2008
Rachel Cohen
Rachel Cohen rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2012
Tom Florip
Tom Florip rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2008