Start by marking “All The Women Of The Bible” as Want to Read:
All The Women Of The Bible

All The Women Of The Bible

All the Women of the Bible is a treasure trove of information. Saints, sinners, harlots and angels, not a one is missing from this wonderful collection of biographies and stories of over 400 biblical women. If you've ever asked yourself the question, "Who was she?" â?? you need only to open this amazing book to find out! They're all here, all real women, and all willing to ...more
Published November 16th 2009 by Castle Books (first published July 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about All The Women Of The Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Women Of The Bible

Somewhatbent
Dec 21, 2011 Somewhatbent rated it liked it
As an encyclopedic reference it gives short biographical sketches - in as much as is known - and bibliography of where these women appear. It was interesting to encounter a number of names and situations that I had missed entirely or forgotten when studying in a principally male Seminary.[return][return]Not the fascinating pleasure reading one might hope for, but a fine resource if you are trying to track down a contextual comment or are looking for references to how women might have been ...more
Antonella
May 05, 2013 Antonella rated it really liked it
I have participated in numerous bible studies through the years & would suggest this particular book for youth that are being re-introduced to the bible only because it is far from boring & extremely fictionalized. It would certainly keep their attention! If you read it or choose to use it in your study, note that the second half is the author's interpretation of these individual's lives. Which doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing, I viewed it as artistic expression & found it ...more
Dawn
Mar 11, 2014 Dawn rated it really liked it
When most of us learn the Bible, or learn about the stories in the Gospels, women's stories and roles are either left out entirely or diminished, save for a very select few. This book goes into the stories of the women in the Bible in both the New and Old Testament, but in a very easy to read, easy to understand way. It also includes where to find their stories, since in many cases, there are brief mentions throughout multiple Gospels.
Carla Loveless
Mar 08, 2010 Carla Loveless rated it did not like it
The book of names (the first half of the book) is excellent. It provides information on who the women are, where they are linked in the Bible, and their importance. The book of stories, however, is terrible. It is written in today's vernacular (slang and all) and riddled with typos. It was all I could do to finish the book. I DO NOT recommend it.
Jody
Dec 23, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
I give this 5 out of 5 because it is exactly what it is supposed to be. Here you'll find every single woman mentioned in the Holy Bible. I use this book for a reference a lot when I'm trying to remember who a certain person was. I read this book with my bible, reading about the woman and then going to the passage where she appeared.
Melody
Jul 15, 2013 Melody rated it liked it
Shelves: theology
Good read for bedtime devotions. I like the way the author imagines dialog and interactions of these women even though the Bible verses about them are brief. Good source for learning about women in the Bible from A to Z. Took me a long time to finish until I started reading a little bit each day for summer devotions.
Beneth
I picked this up at a book fair that comes a few times a year to the building where I work and always sucks me in with good deals, particularly on educational children's books, but this time I found this book for myself too. The first half is in a dictionary format. The second half has stories. So far so good.
Amber
Apr 05, 2008 Amber rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion
The beginning was interesting when it just listed the women in the Bible and what they were known for. The second half was when the author took that information from the Bible and tried to write a story about each woman. Sometimes the story worked, but often it wasn't well written.
Jacqueline
Jul 20, 2008 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
The stories really give life to these women. However, there are many typographical errors, misspellings, and some grammatical errors. It is obvious to me that the proofreading was not of high quality.
B.  Barron
Jun 23, 2011 B. Barron rated it did not like it
Shelves: faith
The first part of the book, listing the women of the bible and their appearances in the bible, is okay.
The second part is crap!
Lueann Sawyer
Apr 11, 2014 Lueann Sawyer rated it it was amazing
interesting facts and connections behind all the honorable men in the bible....great read when ya just needed a break from regular books
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2011
Amberle Husbands
Amberle Husbands rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Demetra
Demetra rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
Brenda Stuhr
Brenda Stuhr rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011
Leonie
Leonie rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Amy Irene
Amy Irene rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Maaike
Maaike rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2011
Abby
Abby rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2010
binyetta watson
binyetta watson rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Terry Pool
Terry Pool rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2012
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2010
Melina
Melina rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2009
Jeanette Rupel
Jeanette Rupel rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Teri Drake-Floyd
Teri Drake-Floyd rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2014
Teresa Parker
Teresa Parker rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
carol maraquin
carol maraquin rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • When Women Were Priests
  • The Apocrypha: King James Version
  • God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters
  • Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence
  • A History of the End of the World: How the Most Controversial Book in the Bible Changed the Course of Western Civilization
  • The Key to Theosophy
  • Realm of the Ring Lords: The Myth and Magic of the Grail Quest
  • New Testament Background: Selected Documents: Revised and Expanded Edition
  • Bad Girls of the Bible Workbook
  • Mother Teresa: A Complete Authorized Biography
  • Century of Struggle: The Woman's Rights Movement in the United States, Enlarged Edition
  • Kingdom Prologue: Genesis Foundations for a Covenantal Worldview
  • A Primer of Biblical Greek
  • The Lost Gospel: The Book of Q and Christian Origins
  • New Interpreter's Study Bible-NRSV
  • The Sion Revelation: The Truth About the Guardians of Christ's Sacred Bloodline
  • Perennial Combinations: Stunning Combinations That Make Your Garden Look Fantastic Right from the Start
  • Eighty Years and More: Reminiscences, 1815-1897