Start by marking “Makeovers by Marcia” as Want to Read:
Makeovers by Marcia

Makeovers by Marcia

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Pretty is as pretty does

Pretty, popular Marcia Faitak is not her usual self. Over the summer she gained five pounds, and when school begins, Marcia, desperate for an invitation from Alex Ryan to the October dance, goes on a diet. In art class, she's supposed to bring a red apple to life on paper, but all she wants to do is eat it. Mr. Morrison doesn't like her work anyway:
Published March 9th 2005 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Makeovers by Marcia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Makeovers by Marcia

Maria Garcia
Genre: Realistic fiction
Reading level: 7th grade
Interest level: 6th grade and older
Summary: Makeovers by Marcia is the story of conceited and materialistic young girl, Marcia, who is worried about her looks and if the boy she likes, Alex, is going to ask her to the school dance. She get assigned to work at the nursing home to do makeovers. At the beginning she does not like the fact that she has to work there, but throughout the story she learns about love and life. Working with elder women help
Terri
I didn't think I would like this one as well since Marcia was my least favorite character in the other ones, but really liked it. I loved seeing her growth from doing something she didn't want to do, but was a terrific experience anyway. I loved reading about the wise, older, grand-ma types, who have a wealth of knowledge, but are still not so different from the young girls who came to visit them.
Mallory
At first I thought I wouldn't like this book, but as I went along I found a very interesting story hidden in its pages. This story is about a self concious girl and a will to help the less fortunate, in fact, to give old ladies manecures! Very funny and interesting!
Ruth
Not as lame as the title would suggest. Marcia is obsessed with appearance like most 8th grade girls are, but when more important things come up she rises to the challenge and looks beyond surface beauty.
Jillian
A beautiful book. very sweet and heartwarming. It made me cry. I'm serious. It's great.
Indigo D'Avalon
Pretty good! I really enjoyed reading it!
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Valerie Stephenson
Valerie Stephenson marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Jazman
Jazman marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Salma
Salma added it
Sep 06, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Merlie Malicad
Merlie Malicad marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Claudia Mills is the author of How Oliver Olson Changed the World, 7 x 9 = Trouble!, Being Teddy Roosevelt, and many other books for children. She was born in New York City in 1954. She received her bachelor's degree from Wellesley College, her master's degree from Princeton University, and a Ph.D. in philosophy from Princeton University. She also received an M.L.S. degree from the University of M ...more
More about Claudia Mills...
How Oliver Olson Changed the World Zero Tolerance Kelsey Green, Reading Queen Lizzie at Last Being Teddy Roosevelt