Mama Elizabeti

Mama Elizabeti

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In this tender sequel to Elizabeti's Doll, Elizabeti finds that looking after a real child isn't so easy.
Published May 1st 2000 by Lee & Low Books

Christine
I like the illustrations in this book, especially the depictions of babywearing. I also like the descriptions and depictions of Elizabeti cheerfully contributing to her family's work. But I found this book flawed:
1. Most significantly, when Obedi is missing, Elizabeti worries that her parents will think that she doesn't know how to care for a real baby. Why isn't she worried about Obedi's safety instead of (or at least in addition to) what her parents will think of her???
2. I don't like how she...more
Lauren James
A widely-appealing concept--Elizabeti has trouble taking care of her little brother and doing her chores at the same time, and is torn between her love and frustration--meets a specific context--Elizabeti's village and day-to-day life--for a winning, funny, and warm picture book. Absolutely worth reading, and probably a must-have for any older sibling.
Paris
I would recommend this book to grades 2-3. This book is about a girl who experiences what it is like to take care of her baby brother. She learned that it was much different and more challenging to look after her baby brother than it is a baby doll. I would read this book to students show them that caring for others has its rewards.
Cherisse
3.5

Another charming story about Elizabeti and her family. Obedi is no longer the youngest, and is now Elizabeti's charge, but he's a much bigger handful than her stone, Eva.
Sandy Brehl
This sequel to Elizabeti's Doll is a fun continuation of Elizabeti's family, demonstrating her continued growth and development within her growing family.
Kathy Garner
Good connection to having a new baby at home and the new responsibilities that could come.
S10_Jessica Oster
format: picture book
age: elementary
protagonist: Elizabeti
Superreader200
It's about a girl with my name. She helps her mom.
Hauwa M. M.
Hauwa M. M. is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Mar 25, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Jane
Jane added it
Jan 29, 2014
Jenne
Jenne marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Eva Garner
Eva Garner marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Chong Chin-Ning
Chong Chin-Ning marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Jeani
Jeani marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Cindy Scott
Cindy Scott marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Alice
Alice added it
Apr 17, 2013
Jennifer Sullivan
Jennifer Sullivan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Kacie Munster
Kacie Munster marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
A Small Brown Dog with a Wet Pink Nose We'll Paint the Octopus Red Elizabeti's Doll Elizabeti's School The Best Worst Brother