Start by marking “Bad Girls Don't (Girls Do Or Don't, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad Girls Don't (Girls Do Or Don't, #2)

Bad Girls Don't (Girls Do Or Don't #2)

It took less than two seconds for Sheriff Nathan Thornton to peg sexy Skye Wright as trouble. Maybe it was the way she shimmied her hips in that I Dream of Jeannie outfit. Or the huge stack of speeding tickets in her bag. Whatever it was, the woman was belly-dancing her way into his thoughts. Now if only she'd belly-dance into his bedroom.
Published November 7th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bad Girls Don't, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Girls Don't

Stripped by Jasinda WilderDance Demons by Juliet M. SampsonWait for You by J. LynnToo Good to Be True by Kristan HigginsComing Undone by Lauren Dane
Dancers in Contemporary Romance
66th out of 113 books — 21 voters
Silent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeA Torrid Tango by Jude JohnsonA Dangerous Dance by Jude JohnsonThe Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur
Dancers In Romance
156th out of 187 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

Solace Winter
Apr 16, 2012 Solace Winter rated it it was ok
Romance novels. Sure, I like them. When they are good. Or hot. Or good and hot. This novel forced eroticism down the reader’s throat without actually making it all that erotic.

Plot: This novel is technically the sequel to Good Girls Do. By the time I had read Good Girls Do, this novel had been out of print. It took me nearly five years to find a copy. This brings “bad girl” sister Skye to the forefront and her foundling relationship with straight-laced sheriff Nathan.

Characters: Sure, there are
Amy
Nov 05, 2012 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Elida Figueroa
Sep 27, 2016 Elida Figueroa rated it really liked it
I liked and enjoyed very much....it made me laugh and at points it made me cry.... Cathie Linz is a great writer .
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,

I used to love this book. It's one of the first romance novels I read.. in secret;) LOL my sister was telling me about Toni the biter and how cute the book was so I borrowed it from her without her knowing and read it. I remember really reallly liking Skye and her wild side and how hot Nathan was. Rereading it again after all those years, I now remember things I didn't like so much and I've gained some new negatives about this book, sadly:( I might even like this book more in part
Bonnie
Jul 12, 2007 Bonnie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who like romantic comedies.
The follow up to Good Girls Do. I liked this a lot less than that book. The main character in this book is the sister of the main character in the last book, and I didn't really like her in the last book, but I did end up liking her better than I thought I would in this book. I also liked that they fleshed out several of the minor characters from the last book more. As for what I didn't like: I didn't like that there was a teenage character which the author seemed not to know what to do with. ...more
Res
Apr 11, 2007 Res rated it did not like it
I didn't read this voluntarily, and I'm very much not the target audience, which is probably why I abandoned it halfway through.

I got very tired of all the conflict stemming from characters interrupting each other and/or refusing to listen to each other, and of the allegedly comic construction where one character says, "She peed on the floor," and someone comes in the door and says, "Who, the belly dancer?" and everybody giggles and says, "No, the puppy!" Ha so very ha.

However, it must be said
Althea
Oct 11, 2011 Althea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since there's no half star rating, I'm just going to upgrade this to 3 stars. But I actually want to give it 2 1/2. The minor characters really made the book fun. But the issue I had really, is the author's insistence that Skye is a bad girl. She is not. Just because she is a belly dancer and doesn't conform to normal standards does not make her a bad girl. I actually enjoy the opposites attract scenario, but I found Skye & Nathan's chemistry a bit lacking. She had more chemistry with her ...more
Jessi
May 20, 2010 Jessi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Skye Wright has moved one town over from her do-gooder sister and is just trying to get her life in order. She's doing a pretty good job until she has a run in with the local sheriff, Nathan Thornton or, as she calls him, Studly Do-Right. She's a free spirit who likes to live life to the fullest; he's an uptight lawman whose past includes a dead wife who he can't seem to forget.
Not as good as her later books but still a pretty enjoyable book.
Starry
Lisa (Fic Talk)
Dec 15, 2010 Lisa (Fic Talk) rated it liked it
I seriously laughed out loud during parts of this book. I loved little Toni and her introductions: "I'm Toni and I bite." There was a little sadness in this one, but leave it to a kid to make things better, yeah? Skye is the bad girl who does selfless things for others. What a contradiction.
Awesome read.
Jess
Jun 12, 2008 Jess rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jess by: Adult Pop Lit - Romance
Shelves: romance, z_08
Skye Wright, a belly dancer with a dream for renovating the local theater, and Nathan Thornton, the local sheriff fall in love and neither knows how to deal.

Not bad but has some issues: every person in town was "small town quirky." Few too many new age characters, too slow of a pace at times, and the mystery doesn't follow the rule of mystery books.

Lisa
Dec 28, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
I wasn't a huge fan of Sky (the heroine) which was why I didn't give this book a better rating. I think I was just partial to Julia and resented Skye a bit for her behavior towards her sister. I guess I get emotionally invested in my books, huh? :-)
Andrea Smith
Jul 05, 2013 Andrea Smith rated it really liked it
Great book! When I read the first book in the series, I hated this character. But, now that I have read into her way of thinking, I can't imagine why I ever disliked her! Great character and amazing book! It really puts a spin on bad girls to me!
Janet
May 11, 2009 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Another entry in the chick-lit/romance genre. Some of Linz’s writing is typical romance schlock (particularly Nathan’s inner thoughts at the beginning), but most of it is a fresh take on the opposites attract theme.
Evelyn
Nov 29, 2007 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute-romance
When belly dancer and yoga instructor Skye Wright meets "Studley Do-Right" sheriff Nathan Thornton sparks fly. They say opposites attract, but...

Critique
Cute and funny. Sequel to Good Girls Do. Highly recommend.
Virginia
Jun 14, 2008 Virginia rated it liked it
I enjoyed the characters, but I felt like the plot was a bit of a mess. It didn't have a clear thread running through the entire book. I felt like I was getting dumped into constant deus ex machina's.

Or however one might punctuate that.

Anyway, it was fun, but not awesome.

Shannon
Jun 13, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it
I now know why Sue Ellen does not have her own book. She is in everyonelse's business. LOL. I still love her and all the other characters in Rock Falls. Nathan's pain was a lot for him to deal with and Sister Mary is right Skye is so good for him.
Andita
Mar 20, 2016 Andita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I laughed...

Out loud and enjoyed the crazy characters who are in this little town. The biting child to the bad girl who's good kept me reading when I should have been doing my laundry. I'm looking forward to more of this series.
Sami
Apr 23, 2012 Sami rated it liked it
It was ok. Too much involvment of the friends and town people. It got a little annoying and I started skimming.
Fran
Oct 14, 2007 Fran rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluff
great quirky characters. A fun read. I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series.
San
Mar 13, 2013 San rated it did not like it
The story is okay but the way it's told... I lost who says what so many times! Not an easy read at all...
Diah Didi
Sep 21, 2011 Diah Didi rated it it was ok
Suka sama Nathan yang kaku, tapi nggak suka sama Skye, terlalu nyeleneh for my taste. :p
Again, kebanyakan dialog gak penting. Capek deh!
Jennifer Christenbury
Jennifer Christenbury rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2011
Laci Matthews
Laci Matthews rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Heather Gunnell
Heather Gunnell rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Ry
Ry rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2009
Mareena
Jun 24, 2009 Mareena rated it really liked it
I liked the first one better, but this one was still good.
KindleJo Jo
KindleJo Jo rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2012
  • Shepherds Abiding in Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #11) (Love Inspired #421)
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Billionaire’s Threat (Never Never Man, #4)
  • Mission: Irresistible
  • Causing A Commotion
  • Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)
  • Undercover Lover (Take Me, Lover, #2)
  • Savannah Martin Mysteries Boxed Set 1-3 (Savannah Martin mysteries)

Girls Do Or Don't (4 books)
  • Good Girls Do (Girls Do Or Don't, #1)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Girls Do Or Don't, #3)
  • Smart Girls Think Twice (Girls Do Or Don't, #4)

“When I can't sleep I count the buckles on my straightjacket.” 36 likes