Live for Today (Campus Cravings, #12)

Live for Today (Campus Cravings #12)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  510 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Book twelve in the Campus Cravings Series Life has been good for Justin Nelson. With a big bowl game mere weeks away, the pressure is on. For some men, being stretched in two different directions might become too much, but not for Justin, he thrives on it. Trying to balance life with his long-time partner, Luc, and his duty to the team gives Justin a rush like no other. Lu...more
Published November 8th 2008

Bareback by Chris OwenFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneCut & Run by Abigail RouxThe Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Tear Jerker with a Happy Ending
99th out of 387 books — 662 voters
Tigers and Devils by Sean KennedyCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Locker Room by Amy LaneStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonHeart in Hand by salifiable
Best Gay Athletes
68th out of 221 books — 442 voters

More lists with this book...

Brenda (b)
This is the finale in the Campus Cravings series. I loved it! Carol Lynne went back to the couple who started the series, Justin and Luc and gave them a poignant follow-up story. While reading, I experienced a lovely heart-warming feeling through-out, even though I found myself crying several times. I'm sorry to come to the end with all these wonderful guys and their stories, and I'm glad I took the time to read about them.
Erin (PT)
Erotic Horizon
I have just finished Carol Lynne� s last in her Campus Carving Series - Live for Today, and believe me, it was all and more than I expected.[return][return]This last books is dedicated to Justin and Luc, the two men who started the whole series all these many months ago. Luc, investment banker and long term partner of Justin is at the end of his tether about what to do in regards to the ever increasing amount of time Justin spends involved with his work, with little or no regard for his health o...more
Elisa Ramblings
I bought this book as soon as it was out, but for a reason of the other I didn’t read it sooner. So I didn’t know that it was the last in the Campus Cravings series; I have opposite feelings about it: Campus Cravings was the first book in what I later called the gay soap-opera world of Carol Lynne, and again I want to highlight that for me it’s a strong point, not a fault, being a “soap-opera”. So obviously, I’m a little sad to see it finish, like you are when something you are familiar with end...more
Angela
Jul 31, 2010 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotica, m/m,
Very emotional end to a great series. I enjoyed the guys and all their stories.
BeCullen
I just love this series.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I put off reading this book for over a year because I didn't want the series to end. I loved the series so much because it has so many characters I love and they are all different. Now that there's a new Campus Cravings book out, Incoming Freshman (which I thought was supposed to be the start to a new series), I felt it was about time to finally read it.

I didn't much like Luc and Justin in the first book of the series. I'm not quite sure why, I just remember not really liking the story as much a...more
Shawn
Okay......so I gave this book a 3 not because I liked it that much....but it was well done. (view spoiler)...more
L-D
About 4.5 stars.

This was my favorite book in the series even though it really stressed me out. I was on pins and needles the entire time. Luc Henley and Justin have been pivotal characters in every book of this series starting with their book, book #1Coach. This book was MUCH better than Coach because Coach was too brief and lacked any development. In this book, however, you really learn more about Luc and Justin's relationship and it seems more real than any of the other relationships in this...more
Melissa
This was originally supposed to be the end of the Campus Cravings books and where it ended would have been a good place.

This book brings us back to Justin and Luc. Justin is having some health problems and his relationship with Luc is suffering greatly but he's so close to his first bowl game with the college that he just keeps pushing through until it's too late and he collapses on the field.

After he recovers from his stroke, he still has a lot of rehab and emotional recovery to go through. His...more
Sue bowdley
Another hard book to read as i so love Justin and Luc....They are so hot together and i felt so sad for them but they both pulled through together x
Maggie
This book ends at the beginning by focusing on Luc and Justin. Poor Luc and Justin had a rough go of it in this story as they suffered emotional turmoil brought on by a rough illness and life stresses. I thought their journey was well done. Loved seeing previous characters in this story supporting and helping Luc and Justin. This whole series was just nice, easy, enjoyable and comforting to come back to again :)
Natālija
It's an emotional roller coaster, nevertheless it's still one of the best books in the series. Oh, Justin... At times I wanted to hate him, but then again I loved him because he tugged my heartstrings. What I most enjoy about Ms. Lynne’s writing is the way she makes me root for her characters. Brava! I’m loving this series and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about reading it.
Daniela
I LOVE IT!!! I love and adored Justin and Luc since the first story I wanted to new more about their relationship, and this book was nothing but amazing. I cried, I laughed, and I fall in love once and again with them.

It seems that this was going to be the last book of the serie, but I had seen that there is more and I'm happy because I really fall in love with this family.
Erin-Jayne Lloyd
This story like the others broke my heart, I loved reading about Luc and Justin in the first book and I'm glad there was another story on them!
Nicole
Jan 31, 2011 Nicole added it
Shelves: mm-romance
Last book of the Campus Cravings series. I cried, I laughed, I cried some more, then I was sad because there were no more books to read and I was completely sucked in by the characters throughout the series. I will definitely revisit this series later.
Pam
Thought I'd better give this one another read before starting Incoming Freshman. I couldn't believe it when I first realized the series was being resumed. It's one of my favorite and I hope it continues for many more releases.
Sally halliday
Brilliant ive got all the books and im really please theres a new book coming out
Rickie-lee Belanger
really well written. definitely shows the ups and downs of love and how it conquerors all
Moderatrix Lori
I loved this series and am sorry to have to say goodbye to all the boys.
Marie
Such a beautiful story that left me in tears several times!
Vikki
One of my favourite books of all time....simply amazing!
Nikko
Such an emotional story!!! I love this!!!
TracyG.
S
S added it
Jul 26, 2014
Wayne Cutler
Wayne Cutler marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
  • Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Personal Best 1: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • The Hunger (Fatefully Yours, #7)
  • Gay Divorcee (G-A-Y #5)
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • Teacher's Pet
  • Sweet Reunion (Sutter's Bay, #1)
  • Aaron's Awakening (Shifters' Haven #4)
  • Out of Bounds
  • Past Lies
  • Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)
  • Tech Support
  • What Matters Most (Love In Xxchange, #4)
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Roughhousing (Rough, #2)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)

“Getting up, Luc finished his beer and set the empty bottle on the small outdoor table. The sooner he apologised for his outburst, the better. Walking into the house, he heard a thud. Panic filled him as he ran towards the back of the house.
He rounded the corner and almost ran over Justin. His partner had evidently been trying to get to his wheelchair. "Baby? What're you doing?" Luc asked. Kneeling on the floor, he pulled Justin into his arms.
"Coming after you," Justin said. "I'm...sorry."
Luc held Justin tighter as his lover began to shake. He rocked the larger body back and forth like a child. "What're we gonna do with each other? I was just coming in to say the same thing to you.”
18 likes