Start by marking “The Story of the Three Little Pigs” as Want to Read:
The Story of the Three Little Pigs

The Story of the Three Little Pigs

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

exerpt from opening of story:

The first that went off met a Man with a bundle of straw, and said to him, "Please, Man, give me that straw to build me a house"; which the Man did, and the little Pig built a house with it. Presently came along a Wolf, and knocked at the door, and said, "Little Pig, little Pig, let me come in."

To which the Pig answered, "No, no, by the hai

Published January 1st 1905 by Frederick Warne and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Story of the Three Little Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of the Three Little Pigs

Sandra
Oct 17, 2015 Sandra rated it liked it
Oh this is best put under horror for 5 year olds. At least that is what it was like for me, or alternatively the advantages of a brick house. I remember deciding then and there (at the age of 5)that I would never live in another other then a brick house.
Gina
Oct 05, 2014 Gina rated it really liked it
The Story of the Three Little Pigs by L. Leslie Brooke is the story of the three pigs that are sent out by their mother to seek their fortune. The first makes his house out of straw, but the big bad wolf comes and blows it down and gobbles the pig up. The second pig builds his house out of furze, but once again the wolf blows down the house and eats the pig. But when the wolf gets to the 3rd pigs house, he is unable to blow the house down because it is made of bricks. The wolf tries to trick the ...more
Natalie Cosellian
Mar 19, 2015 Natalie Cosellian rated it it was amazing
1. The sow could not take care of her little pigs and sends them on their own. One pigs builds a house of straw, one of sticks, and one of bricks. A wolf knocks each house down and then suffers for doing that.
2. This book is like the cumulative reading. Repetition with each pig building a house that is just a little sturdier than the other. The book also has rhyme with huff and puff.
3. I enjoyed this book because it captures childrens interest. This book is appropriate for younger kids. I would
Nadia Gonzalez
Summary: This is an illustrated version of the classic traditonal story of he Three Little Pigs. Each pig went out to seek their fortune as their mother pig sent them to do. As they built their houses a wolf came along terrizing each pig to let him come into their home. one by one each pig refused to let the Wolf in. So the wolf huffed and he puffed and blew the first and second pigs house down and ate them. The third pig however outsmarts the wolf and gives the reader a surprise ending. The ill ...more
Thom Swennes
May 06, 2012 Thom Swennes rated it liked it
The Story of the Three Little Pigs by L. Leslie Brooke is too short to even be rated as a short story so I will give it a short chapter rating. Nevertheless it richly deserves a mention and review as it has occupied a place in almost all children’s memories. I have often wondered if there is some moral to be gained by this story but haven’t yet been able to formulate it in to words. I came across this book by accident but closed it, upon completion, with a sense of well being (not something the ...more
Golden Secondary School
Retold by L.Leslie Brooke.(1904). The story of the three little pigs. London, New York: Frederick Warne & Co. Librivox recording. Read by Dennis Sayer, Modesto, 2006. Retrieved from http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/genr....

The traditional story of the three little pigs is told here with excellent tone and pacing. This audio book was of good quality.

I wonder if there is any controversy regarding Librivox recordings. Does everyone follow the rules regarding content that is in the public doma
Biena (The Library Mistress)
Jan 13, 2013 Biena (The Library Mistress) rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2013
My brother and I used to love this story, we have this Disney book of fairy tales back then and we read and sing it to each other. And because I suddenly remembered him (and yes, missed him) I searched for a copy of this book and find it at Gutenberg. It's not the Disney version though, because that's the one we really liked, it's a nice story of siblings, a testament that blood is thicker than water, that brothers and sisters must help each other and care for one another through thick or thin, ...more
Patty
Reading Level: Primary

This book is a digital book and can be found at the following url: http://www.childrenslibrary.org/icdl/...

I loved how some of the illustrations were done in color and the others were in black and white. This really made the story interesting.

The color pictures were on pages with no text and showed what would happen in the coming pages. This would be great for doing a picture walk with students.
Jed Merrill
May 28, 2015 Jed Merrill rated it really liked it
The original story with a less Disney ending...
Maria Carmo
Feb 02, 2015 Maria Carmo rated it liked it
I did not like the drawings very much...
Lindsay Edwardson
All I remembered about the Three Little Pigs was the Wolf threatening to blow the houses down and not being able to when reaching the home of the pig who built his house with bricks. I did not, however, remember the gruesomeness of this story with the wolf eating the first two pigs and then falling into a pot full of boiling water and being eaten by the third pig. I feel like there are probably less violent versions of this story.
Darol
Mar 02, 2012 Darol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: fantasy
I had this book read to me as a child. It has stayed with for over 40 years. I remember liking it a lot and wanting my mother to read it over and over. It's a somewhat violent rendition of the story but the illustrations help ease that piece.
Eva
Dec 13, 2011 Eva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinder
The illustrations of the pigs are fantastic, they have beautiful details, and for me the best part were the illustrations
Mrs Bond
Nov 10, 2013 Mrs Bond rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook, folklore
Traditional telling of a classic tale.
Annie Bailey
Nov 21, 2013 Annie Bailey rated it really liked it
Cute updated story.
Coral Rosario
Coral Rosario marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Brittnie
Brittnie rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
AHMED NAUMAN
AHMED NAUMAN rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
nathan rudolph
nathan rudolph rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
kathy davis
kathy davis marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Stephanie Dempsey
Stephanie Dempsey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Adam gene thorstenson
Adam gene thorstenson marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Sophia Thomas
Sophia Thomas rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Matt Hudson
Matt Hudson rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Nakia Nicole Floyd
Nakia Nicole Floyd marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
tracy slater
tracy slater rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
joanne
joanne rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016