Start by marking “Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo” as Want to Read:
Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo

Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo (Tales from the Crypt Graphic Novels #5)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

Just when you thought " Tales from the Crypt" couldn`t get any scarier, the Crypt-Keeper, the Old Witch, and the Vault-Keeper return with four more all-new " Fear-Y Tales" to frighten the Bejeezus out of you! A man receives telepathic signals from a young beautiful woman, but it all turns out Terror-ably wrong in `Glass Heads`. And speaking of dangerous women, wait `till y

Published January 6th 2009 by Papercutz (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tales from the Crypt #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from the Crypt #5

Arthur Graham
*2.5 stars, only because the stories are more than "just okay" for sick, twisted individuals like me, but the writing in general was simply too atrocious at points to earn a solid 3. Some of it was so bad it was good, which probably bumped up the score a little as well.

I recently snagged this on a whim (along with volumes 6 and 7) from Black Cat Comics in SLC. The wife and I had been in there a week or so prior, but all we did was mess up the shelves before leaving empty handed, so I felt kinda
John
Jul 30, 2015 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I recently snagged three of these TALES FROM THE CRYPT issues from a bargain bin for a buck apiece. The first one I read, ZOMBIELICIOUS, struck me as pretty childish, so I wasn't too keen on checking out the others.
However, this particular issue promised a story by champion mojo storyteller Joe R. Lansdale, so I couldn't help but give the series another shot.
YABBA DABBA VOODOO surprised me for two reasons: 1) It was a huge improvement over ZOMBIELICIOUS, and 2) Mr. Lansdale's contribution was th
Simon
Oct 06, 2011 Simon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was interesting enough but certainly for juvenile, sadistic children. I mean why do things like this exist? Well, I give it one thing, these are fun stories, and slightly if not very disturbing. If Stephen King had his way with these, a whole new generation could be insomniatic.

I still enjoyed it, but the sub plot was cheesy and unoriginal. Just weird really.

And I found these stories to be far more graphic in the sense of blood and guts, and the stuff your head conjures up in relation to w
Kaethe
In honor of All Hallows Read I gave the PandaBat two more of these, which we sprawled warmly together on the sofa reading yesterday. This is a tradition I'll be keeping, and, with luck, celebrating in much the same way.

***

Well, I finally got around to finishing it. It's been so long I had to start over. I've always loved scary comics, so silly and over-the-top. These fit into that tradition nicely.

Tosh's copy
Debbie
Four stories in this slim volume of comics inspired by Tales from the Crypt. "Glass Heads" was my favorite, with a surprising ending.
Gabe Borchsenius
Gabe Borchsenius rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
GabbieDewolfe
GabbieDewolfe rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Aj
Aj added it
Jan 13, 2016
Taylor Sindelar
Taylor Sindelar rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Hailie Stine
Hailie Stine marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Rey
Rey marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Les Gehman
Les Gehman rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Natsu
Natsu marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
C.
C. rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Raul Castaned
Raul Castaned is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
jackie botello
jackie botello rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Candice
Candice rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Denise Swelin
Denise Swelin rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2014
Brandon Steven
Brandon Steven marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Tiffany Mushroom
Tiffany Mushroom rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2013
Samson Shepard
Samson Shepard rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013

Tales from the Crypt Graphic Novels (9 books)
  • Tales from the Crypt #1: Ghouls Gone Wild
  • Tales from the Crypt #2: Can You Fear Me Now?
  • Tales from the Crypt #3: Zombielicious
  • Tales from the Crypt #4: Crypt-Keeping It Real
  • Tales from the Crypt #6: You Tomb (Tales from the Crypt Series #6)
  • Tales from the Crypt #7: Something Wicca This Way Comes