Start by marking “As Ever, Gordy” as Want to Read:
As Ever, Gordy

As Ever, Gordy (Gordy Smith #3)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  261 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Gordy couldn't be more unhappy about moving back to his hometown of College Hill, where everybody knows his family's troubled history. In North Carolina, Gordy's life had finally seemed to be on the right track. But in College Hill, Gordy and his sister, June, move into a cramped apartment with their brother Stu and his new family. The principal at Gordy's school immediate ...more
Published April 20th 1998 by Clarion Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about As Ever, Gordy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Ever, Gordy

Gordy Lindsay
Jun 02, 2016 Gordy Lindsay rated it liked it
This book was the sequel to Following my own Footsteps. Gordy was very upset when he had to move back to his hometown. Because of his hated family history, the whole town was against him. His old friends encouraged Gordy to cause trouble, in which Gordy never wanted. Gordy was happy where he moved because he could start over, but now he must redeem himself by being the best he can be. I don't recommend this book so much because it was just too boring.
Christy
May 21, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, popular
Gordy couldn't be more unhappy about moving back to his hometown of College Hill, where everybody knows his family's troubled history. In North Carolina, Gordy's life had finally seemed to be on the right track. But in College Hill, Gordy and his sister, June, move into a cramped apartment with their brother Stu and his new family. The principal at Gordy's school immediate.
Annie ✌
Dec 18, 2014 Annie ✌ rated it it was amazing
You know, in the first book, I felt like this kid was a huge brat. But as you read this story, you come to learn he has a troubled childhood. I mean, you get kind of an idea of what his home life is in the first book - but this one divulges a little further and makes you feel sorry for him. You also wonder, how many kids today have the same history? Sad.
Victoria
Jun 30, 2014 Victoria rated it did not like it
After reading the first two books in this series, we were very excited to continue following the characters. I was disappointed to find Gordy cruder than ever and only giving up his foolish ways for a girl. The young love interest required a bit of "editing" and I was sad to have to deal with that filler. We really didn't care for this book at all.
Catherine
Mar 10, 2016 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book really gets into the head of a kid who has faced abuse.

See full review on my blog.

Peyton
Sep 29, 2010 Peyton rated it really liked it
Susan
Dec 24, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is the third book (I think) in the series about Gordy. At the start of this book Gordy is doing great. He's getting good grades. He has a good friend. He's learning what life is all about from his beloved Grandmother. But then Grandma dies and Gordy has to go back to the town his family lived in before--back where everyone knows he's a trouble maker. And he proves everyone right. At the end of the book, he finally starts to get a little wiser, but your heart aches for him through the book a ...more
Laurie
Jun 12, 2016 Laurie rated it liked it
Book 3 in the Stepping on the Cracks series by this author.
Emily Catherine
Sep 20, 2014 Emily Catherine rated it really liked it
This book starts with Gordy having to move back to his hometown to live with his older brother.

It's a great book that shows the struggles that Gordy has to go through. Constantly getting looked at the wrong way by everybody and how that effects him emotionally. People don't realize that he's changed and it bothers and upsets him.

We have all been in those shows where we get looked at the wrong way. Where people don't see us as we really are. Because of this the book got me hooked.

All in all this
Jun 17, 2014 Victoria marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Began June 16, 2014
Mallie R
Dec 22, 2010 Mallie R rated it it was amazing
This was a very intresting book it had alot of detail and it showed alot of emotion. It wasnt my favorite but it was pretty close :). Its about a boy that has to leave his family and go to a different town because the war is coming and they dont think he will be safe with his family. So he had to go to a different town and live with his grandpa just untill the war was over.
Jillian K
Dec 17, 2009 Jillian K rated it really liked it
The reason that i liked this book is because it is an aswome ending to the first two books. Mary has put much effort in the book. and its charaters are so real. the settings are real to. and the event are well decribed .
Karen
Aug 14, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
The sequel to "Following My Own Footsteps." I don't remember this book as well as the two that come before it, but I do know that I adore the Gordy sequels to Stepping on the Cracks. Some of this author's best work.
Nass
Dec 05, 2011 Nass rated it it was ok
Alia
Jun 10, 2011 Alia rated it it was amazing
This book is another hair raising story about Gordy smith after he has to live with his brother stu after the death of his grandmother.
Emily B
Mar 09, 2011 Emily B rated it really liked it
gordy's grandma just died and he has to move back in with his brother his kids and wife. i would recomend this book because it is good.
Maddie
Sep 06, 2010 Maddie rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book to steping on the cracks.I fell bad for gordy but That he got what he disered
Rameen
Feb 21, 2009 Rameen rated it liked it
i hate the beating that gordy gets in this book so sad :(
Claudia Harrington
Mar 01, 2012 Claudia Harrington rated it really liked it
Pretty fast read, a good story with likeable characters.
L.J.
Apr 10, 2013 L.J. rated it it was amazing
Cute teen book...
Samantha
Jun 18, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Amazing detail
Ali Jones
Ali Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Hana
Hana rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Kristina Sharifi
Kristina Sharifi rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
MeganRose
MeganRose marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Cecilia Christenson
Cecilia Christenson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Makayla
Makayla marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
  • The Blue Door (Quilt Trilogy, #3)
  • Blue Meridian: The Search for the Great White Shark
  • Marie, Dancing
  • Thieves of Tyburn Square: Elizabeth Fry
  • Libby on Wednesday
  • Attack of the Tagger (Shredderman, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Wild Ponies (The Boxcar Children, #77)
  • Forever Amber Brown
  • Blue Heron
  • Of Mice and Magic (Ravenspell, #1)
  • What Would Joey Do? (Joey Pigza, #3)
  • Never Trust a Dead Man
  • Stopping for a Spell
  • Maggie's Door (Nory Ryan)
  • Jahanara: Princess of Princesses (The Royal Diaries)
  • I am an American: A True Story of Japanese Internment
  • My Pops Is Tops! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #25)
  • J.T.
I grew up in a small shingled house down at the end of Guilford Road in College Park, Maryland. Our block was loaded with kids my age. We spent hours outdoors playing "Kick the Can" and "Mother, May I" as well as cowboy and outlaw games that usually ended in quarrels about who shot whom. In the summer, we went on day long expeditions into forbidden territory -- the woods on the other side of the t ...more
More about Mary Downing Hahn...

Gordy Smith (3 books)