ABC

ABC

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
William Wegman takes the alphabet and turns it--literally--on its head, by re-creating it with the physical grace and agility of his celebrated weimaraners.
Published May 2nd 1994 by Hyperion Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ABC

Danielle Martin
In this fun book ABC by William Wegman, Wegman shows us yet again his lovely Weimaraner dogs and their wonderful modeling skills. They teach us about every letter in the alphabet by first making the letter. A sentence is then provided with that letter being used multiple times. This sentence is acted out by one of the dogs in a photograph with intricate costumes and props.
I highly recommend this book for young children learning the alphabet because it allows for them to see what the letter looks...more
Dana Pressnell
Good abc book just for fun for kids who love dogs. Words aren't necessarily simple to read though.
Nancy
I love this book and it makes a very unique addition to my collection of ABC books. Famed photographer William Wegman poses his well-known weimaraners to illustrate the letters of the alphabet. A really fun book!
Melanie
A cute alphabet book done by William Wegman and his Weimarwainers. Great pictures, but some of the letter-associated pictures aren't going to make sense to little ones; for example: J is for Jester or G is for Gown.
Sandy Weir
Purchased as a resource for a unit on dogs I was developing for elementary class. Great to share with the kids!
Mckinley
Getting the dogs to pose - great! Had a friend into Wegman's photo books of his dogs.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Carolyn Kassnoff
Carolyn Kassnoff marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Trisha
Trisha added it
Aug 26, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Taylor
Taylor added it
May 30, 2013
Mary Totten
Mary Totten marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Flo & Wendell Little Red Riding Hood: Retold and Illustrated with Color Photographs by William Wegman William Wegman Puppies Fay Chip Wants a Dog