Start by marking “What Do You Do with a Child Like This?: Inside the Lives of Troubled Children” as Want to Read:
What Do You Do with a Child Like This?: Inside the Lives of Troubled Children

What Do You Do with a Child Like This?: Inside the Lives of Troubled Children

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Author L. Tobin offers a wide variety of proven techniques that teachers, parents, counselors, and psychologists can use to cope with behavior problems and to create positive change in children's lives. The wealth of practical suggestions found in this book will invite frequent rereading.
Published June 1st 1991 by Whole Person Associates

To ask other readers questions about What Do You Do with a Child Like This?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Do You Do with a Child Like This?

Tawny
This is a book for educators, but it also gave me new perspective as an adoptive parent. Favorite lines:
1. "I've yet to meet a troubled child who wasn't, above all else, terribly lonely. I presume loneliness even before I see the child" (8).
2. "Behind every act of misbehavior lies a strength--a desire to express needs and not give in. Children with less spirit give up, withdraw, or maybe just conform. You have to admire the vitality of spirit in children who are willing to fight" (18).
3. "Teach...more
Marti
really made me stop and look at myself as an educator and the children as learners
Kathy
One of the most outstanding books I have ever read about troubled kids, and the book I most highly recommend when doing trainings with teachers & administrators. A quick & easy read, but a book you'll treasure if you care at all about troubled, hurting kids.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Mary Kate
Mary Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Dung Vu
Dung Vu is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2014
Katelyn Shaver
Katelyn Shaver marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Sarah Smits
Sarah Smits marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Christian Singer
Christian Singer marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Luisa
Luisa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2009
Playing Along 62 Ways To Create Change In The Lives Of Troubled Children Wellness Activities for Youth Structured Exercises in Wellness Management Structured Exercises in Stress Management