Traveler's Joy

Traveler's Joy

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Learn to explore the freedom of the wandering life in this enchanting guide to the wonders of unfettered travel. The legendary Juliette de Bairacli Levy is known for her many books on living in tune with the rhythms of nature and her mastery of herbal lore.
Published September 3rd 1996 by Keats Publishing (first published 1979)

Annie
A fascinating book about a woman, Juliette, born into an upper middle class family in England, who studies veterinary science, and then decides that she wishes to wander around the world like a nomad. She travels with Afghan hounds. She meets up with gypsies and learns much from them. She becomes well versed in herbs and goes onto several books on the subject. I found it very enchanting and unlike anything I've read about before.
Non-fiction, Juliette talks about how to live a rewarding life as a nomad. I got distracted by other books and haven't finished it, but this woman spins fascinating tales of her true adventures ... lots of things we take for granted in our modern lives that might be worth knowing one day!
Angie
One of my top 10 favorite books of all time. A collage of life advice, practical solutions, herbal medicine, and traveler's tales. Juliette is an absolute delight, her good heart and wisdom shines through the pages.
Ayden B
Jun 01, 2009 Ayden B added it
Shelves: herbs-foods
Wonderful...we read this for a while and I am forever indebted to Juliette's views of life and home, travelling, herbs, animals. i memorized page 37's poem "Firewoods".
Lisa Arreola
I had the good fortune to meet her at a book reading. She is an engaging woman full of wisdom, warmth, love and fascinating life experiences.
Nancy
Listen: How many books am I going to read that tell me how to keep scorpions out of my bed?
Ellen
Nov 16, 2007 Ellen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in herbal remedies or unusual lives
I learned about finding water, dwellings, herbal medicine and other elements of the nomadic life.
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jenell
Jenell marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Hanna Starcher
Hanna Starcher marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Kieran
Kieran marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Kaye Miles
Kaye Miles marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Rain
Rain marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Lesley Gibbs
Lesley Gibbs marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Lyn Blythe
Lyn Blythe marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Annabelle Jones
Annabelle Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Kokkonuts
Kokkonuts marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2011
The Complete Herbal Handbook for Farm and Stable A Gypsy in New York Summer in Galilee Spanish Mountain Life Cats Naturally: Natural Rearing for Cats: Natural Rearing for Healthier Domestic Cats: Natural Rearing for Healthier Cats