Start by marking “Help! Around the House: A Mother's Guide to Getting the Family to Pitch in and Clean Up” as Want to Read:

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Which of these schools do you want your kids coming out of to face lifethe one where his or her mess is always taken care of by someone else, or the one where kids are taught they are responsible for their own messes? Every pattern and attitude we acquire in one area of our life carries over into other areas. If we dodge our chores as kids, were likely to do the same in ou ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Don Aslett's Cleaning (first published January 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Help! Around the House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help! Around the House

Abby
Aug 02, 2009 Abby marked it as to-read
When I was a kid, I used to pull out my mom's Don Aslett books (she had every one of them) and look at all the cartoon pictures that accompanied the articles. Yes, some children had friends. I looked at cleaning books in my basement.

This book was just published a couple years back! So I have seen NONE of the drawings in it! No way, awesome!!!
Nikki
Some interesting ideas on cleaning and teaching kids to clean. Possibly inspirational... my house is cleaner than when I first started reading, does that count? I don't know if any book can make the task of getting kids to do housework easier, though. Maybe I should read up on great dictators instead...
Kristastone
Loved this book. I thought it was very inspiring and had a lot of great ideas to get your kids to help with the house cleaning. I underlined and tagged several pages and quotes in this book.
Denise
Light reading from a man who has spent the past 50 years in the cleaning industry. Picked up some decent suggestions.
Danni
I really like his stuff. He has a fun fresh approach to housework.
Skye
Had some good ideas, but I wanted a more specific plan.
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Crysta
Crysta marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Lauren Elizabeth
Lauren Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 09, 2013
Alicia
Alicia added it
May 08, 2013
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Cindy Winder delong
Cindy Winder delong marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Jodi
Jodi added it
Oct 20, 2011
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2011
Clutter's Last Stand: It's Time to de-Junk Your Life! Is There Life After Housework?: A Revolutionary Approach to Cutting Your Cleaning Time by 75% For Packrats Only: How to Clean Up, Clear Out, and Dejunk Your Life Forever! Not for Packrats Only: How to Clean Up, Clear Out, and Dejunk Your Life Forever! Make Your House Do the Housework