Young Adult Literature in Action: A Librarian's Guide (Library and Information Science Text)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews

This book is for the LIS instructor who is looking for something that combines the literature with the practical in teaching courses in materials for children and young adults for an audience of school and public children's librarians. It provides an activity oriented survey of young adult literature for undergraduate and graduate students seeking licensure and degrees lea

Published September 30th 2008 by Libraries Unlimited Inc

To ask other readers questions about Young Adult Literature in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Adult Literature in Action

Mary
Although this was a textbook, the author was clearly grounded in up-to-date philosophy and resources in young adult literature and provided a lot of gap-filling for me in terms of genre. My reading list has grown exponentially, and I've made a goal to start a graphic novel/comics club at our school in order to reach those readers who currently don't have a niche. Chance is an author I would read again - this is a valuable resource for anyone who teaches or advises readers of young adult books.
Rachel
This is actually a really pleasant read for a textbook, I enjoyed it. Not only did it have great explanations, but also great booklists and suggestions for programs.
Michelle
Great book so far - full of resources for finding books for YA and good clear definitions and explanations of book types.
Samantha
Really good for a textbook, and it made my to-read list grow EVEN LONGER.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Taufiq
Taufiq marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 11, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Talia
Talia added it
Feb 16, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Afriendlylibrarian
Afriendlylibrarian marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Irina Radchenko
Irina Radchenko marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2012
Lisa Castellano
Lisa Castellano marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Misty Wright
Misty Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2011
Crash Course in Family Literacy Programs Young Adult Literature in Action: A Librarian's Guide: A Librarian's Guide