Start by marking “The Funniest Cop Stories Ever” as Want to Read:
The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

Nothing quite prepares you for what you will see on the street once you become a cop. It is one of the most dangerous jobs a person can do but also the most fun as well. --Scott Baker

Cops are the people who see and hear it all. They work at one of the world's most dangerous jobs, but it's also one of the most entertaining. When their lives are at risk-and even when they ar
Published September 1st 2006 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Funniest Cop Stories Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

Mike
Apr 12, 2012 Mike rated it did not like it
Not only is it not even remotely funny, it's also poorly written, poorly rendered on Kindle and incredibly racist/misogynistic/transphobic/whatever-other-white-guilt-liberal-agenda-soap-box-outrage-du-jour. The introduction should have been a fair enough warning that it was terrible when he mentioned that he edited out the foul language because some people might find it offensive. This book really only served to make me distrust the police even more than I already did.
Kipp Poe
Nov 12, 2011 Kipp Poe rated it did not like it
racist drivel

I bought it because I love cop stories and thought this would be a fun read, the introduction the author explains that the collection is stories he has collected over the years and has edited out the foul language as courtesy to the reader? Well fine I guess I think i can handle a few foul words, but then 75% of the stories are putting down people for their educational level, their race and heritage.

I find that to be even more offensive than a book full of curse words. It gives you
Robert
Mar 17, 2015 Robert rated it really liked it
Shelves: law-n-order
I found a lot of humor in this book. Looking at other reviews I will agree that some of this humor is off color and may seem inappropriate. This is most likely from someone who has never faced what these officers face on a daily basis. And this is not the type of job you just shut off at the end of the day. The things you see and hear on a daily basis stay with you. So having what some would consider an off color humor is the way that some officers relieve some of the immense stresses that they ...more
Stephanie
Nov 21, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was ok
meh. i guess if you're a cop, you'll find the humor in most of these stories. and yeah, some were pretty funny, but the majority were not. what it lacked in funny, it more than made up for in disrespect for the dead, making fun of the mentally handicapped and dissing people because of their race, ethnicity or cultural beliefs. again, maybe it's funny if you're a cop. goodness knows that, as a librarian, the most stressful things i have to deal with are paper cuts, rude patrons and the occasional ...more
Elaine
The authors share some anecdotes of their time working for NYPD. I shared many with my husband who's had to deal with similar people so he could relate. And yes, he said he's had to laugh (in his position) as well. It's laugh or go crazy.

It wasn't amazing but I liked it. Some stories more interesting than others.
Cindi
Nice collection of stories. Some better than others but still neat to read. It has always amazed me how cops can find humor in certain situations. I don't say that in a bad way. I know it's a way to cope and I respect that.

This was a nice change from what I normally read.
Angel R
Oct 24, 2009 Angel R rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I had a lot of funny police related stories. It will have you laughing so hard you'll cry.
Ryk Stanton
Oct 12, 2014 Ryk Stanton rated it it was ok
Umm ... Well, it was free when I got it. Totally worth every cent.

You know what this was like? It was like a little a booklet of anecdotes you might pass around at cop parties, a collection of remembrances that can be added to year after year. Like a bunch of cops at Friday Happy Hour talking about what happened that week.

No big deal. Not a bad book. Not a really good one. Certainly not a "funniest" one. Just a book.
Brandi
Apr 15, 2014 Brandi rated it it was ok
A couple of the stories were okay, but some of the others were rather racist and sounded rather intolerant. I gave it two stars because a couple stories made me smile, but I've seen most of these, or similar stories, in other books. Whereas a couple individual stories were rather humorous, the book, when looked at as a whole, is a sub-par attempt at humor. As a whole, I would not recommend this book to anyone.
John Cress
Jul 05, 2012 John Cress rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. It is full of funny story as one would expect from the title. There are moments were I thought did somebody really do that plus plenty of one-liners. Kind of anxious for another volume. I also liked how the author (bleep) instead if making it a guide to profanity. Well done.
Diane
a collection of funny cop stories told to and written by a cop. some are a little lame, and others are laugh-out-loud funny. for a freebie, this was great! and to put things in pespective, i think most professions, especially high-stress ones, need to inject a lot of humor into things or they just ouldn't make it long as cops, firemen, nurses and doctors, etc.
Mary Catherine
Dec 07, 2011 Mary Catherine rated it did not like it
If I could give this zero stars, I would but readers might assume I just don't use a rating system. I do and this ranks way low. Perhaps it's because I'm not a cop nor do I really know anyone who is on the force, but I didn't laugh at any of these stories. I was definitely expecting more. I'm VERY glad I got this for free on my Kindle.
Suzie
Mar 18, 2012 Suzie rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This has a sum total of one really funny, interesting story in it. I know more funny cop stories than are in here. Of more interest are background items about being a cop. The author goes to some lengths to say he's tried to keep swearing out of it, but please know this is really not for kids or anyone who takes offense easily. It is the exact opposite of PC.
Paul
Jan 10, 2014 Paul rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I gave up about a quarter of the way through. A few of the stories were funny, but most were not. And quite a few paint a picture of very intolerant police officers.

The Kindle version has formatting issues, with some missing spaces & some sections presented in a difficult-to-read font.
louann
Nov 23, 2015 louann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

It was enjoyed by myself and husband. Stories vary and some are a little long but the humor is good.
Steve Curll
As afree Kindle book, this was worth the price as a diversion, but don't pay real money for this. three or four laughs aren't worth $9.95.
Candi Sikes
Aug 05, 2012 Candi Sikes rated it it was ok
Being the wife of an officer, I was not impressed...
I was expecting something comparable to the stories i hear around the dinner table.

Edy Gies
Dec 31, 2011 Edy Gies rated it it was ok
Some of these were funny, but it would probably be funnier if I were a cop. I did find it interesting that several of these stories have been used in various tv shows and movies.

Leonca
Some really funny stories combined with more racist and insensitive comments than I expected. Awkward.
Sandy
Sandy rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2017
Shawn Cleveland
Shawn Cleveland rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2014
sheryl theisen
sheryl theisen rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Jeri Stallard
Jeri Stallard rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Laurie Ewen
Laurie Ewen rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
PJ
PJ rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2013
Diana Brown
Diana Brown rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Sheena Macneil
Sheena Macneil rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2011
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Clifford Mathews
Clifford Mathews rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2014
  • Einstein's Refrigerator and Other Stories from the Flip Side of History
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond
  • A Cabinet of Roman Curiosities: Strange Tales and Surprising Facts from the World's Greatest Empire
  • Julius Katz Mysteries
  • Toxicity (Georgia Davis, #3)
  • Double Exposure
  • Operatives, Spies, and Saboteurs: The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of World War II's OSS
  • You're Stepping on My Cloak and Dagger
  • Chicago Lightning (Nathan Heller Short Stories, Volume 3)
  • Age Smart: Discovering the Fountain of Youth at Midlife and Beyond
  • Trouble Down South and Other Stories
  • 5 of USA's Best Trips
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Fire, Fangs and Brimstone (Volume Two)
  • Dictionary of Slang
  • Bestseller Bound Anthology (Volume 1)
  • Road Markers
Tom Philbin is a writer of numerous books and has also written articles for a variety of magazines, including Parade, Woman's Day, and Reader's Digest. He lives in Centerport, New York.
More about Tom Philbin...