Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)

Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  445 ratings  ·  25 reviews
He was looking for a killer. What he found was a woman who turned his lonely world upside down-and touched him as no other woman had ever done.

Auri 'Creole' Levalois is a man on a mission. Determined to put his foster-brother's killer behind bars, he has taken a leave of absence from New Orleans PD to hunt the man down. Following his last, desperate lead, Creole sets up a...more
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #1163, 249 pages
Published July 1st 2002 by Silhouette Books (first published 2002)

Spellbound by Nora RobertsPossession by A.S. ByattFallen by Lauren KateThe Fallen by Celia ThomsonPossession by Elana Johnson
Overworked Titles
293rd out of 339 books — 21 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardSomething About You by Julie JamesNaked in Death by J.D. RobbThe Gang Bust by Dorothy May MercerDream Man by Linda Howard
Best Police Romances
147th out of 148 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawna
4 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense

I’d rate this.....

3 stars for the story.

5++ stars for the yummy, hot-as-sin Cajun cop hero who’s the purrrfect combination of sexy alpha bad boy, swoon-worthy protective and sweet, and so tortured you wanna hug him tight.

5+ stars for the YOWZA steamy and touching sex scenes.

-1 for the heroine and the lack of communication and misunderstandings between the H/H.

5+ stars for the sigh-worthy epilogue.

Okay, I stink at statistical equations, but I think that works out to s...more
Susanne
Hola hotness! Romantic suspense - 4.5 blazing hot stars!

Welcome to Bourbon Street and Louisiana where hot Cajun men are ready to charm your pants off! Bad boy, rough cop Auri was no exception! The New Orleans heat wasn't the only heat radiating from the pages in this wonderful romantic suspense!

bourbonstreet

Sometimes it is not only about the book, but it is also about the book fitting your mood and this was the perfect match!

Auri is a bad boy Cajun cop who has gone rogue in his search of his brother’s murde...more
AgentScully
What a fabulous, emotional, steamy story of revenge, healing and love. I love the old Silhouette Intimate Moments line when the books were a meaty 250 pages. And Nina Bruhns was so well-suited to them, if she would quit the vampire!sheikh stuff and go back to writing like this, I'd snap it up in a second. Can I add how much I love New Orleans settings? And is there anything hotter than a Cajun hero?

The plot is good, without overshadowing the romance. The hero is a cop on leave who's trying to t...more
MelissaB
Apr 08, 2011 MelissaB rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cajun hero fans
Recommended to MelissaB by: AgentScully
The star of this book is the sexy Cajun hero Auro "Creole" Levalois. The story is good but the hot hero makes the book. A little inspiration from The Big Easy:

Photobucket
"Chere, your luck's about to change"

Maldivianbookreviewer
3.75 Stars Contemporary Romantic Suspense

Nina Bruhns is an author who caught my eye when I first stumbled across her Passion for Danger series which I just devoured upon discovery. I found Nina Bruhns to write a well balanced romantic suspense whilst juggling a lot of characters, delivering edge of the seat suspense together with enough heat to make her books the kind you can count on to keep you entertained throughout.

Sweet Revenge is the 2nd book in the New Orleans trilogy featuring the very...more
♡Karlyn P♡
A fun HOT romance suspense set in New Orleans.
Saly
Auri "Creole" Levalois is a cop investigating the murder of his foster-brother. His foster brother was there for him in a terrible childhood and when all people left him and betrayed him, he stuck around and even though their life took different directions(he became a drug-dealer), they stuck together. Auri hides his scars both physical and emotional and uses the name "Creole" for that reason(it doesn't have the best meaning stemming from childhood). In order to find out the man behind Luke's mu...more
Nina Bruhns
May 03, 2011 Nina Bruhns rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
New Orleans Trilogy, book 2

Brand new re-release in Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, and other popular ebook formats!

He was a very bad boy…

Auri ‘Creole’ Levalois is looking for a killer. Determined to put his foster-brother’s killer behind bars, he has taken a leave of absence from New Orleans PD to hunt the man down. But what he finds instead is a woman who turns his lonely world upside down—and touches him as no other woman had ever done.

She was a very good girl…

Grace Summerville’s identical twin sist...more
Felicia
Read for Free Read Friday
Challenges: Read for Fun, Why Buy the Cow, Men in Uniform
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

First Thought when Finished: It has been to long since I have been to NOLA!

What I Loved: Nina Bruhns did a fantastic job of getting you into that Louisiana mood through the setting, dialogue, and fantastic characters. I was pretty much sucked into the richness of the area and it was perfect for a romantic suspense novel. I loved Nina's usage of Cajun sayin...more
Sarah  Platt
Good Sequel

The only downfall I saw for the second story in this trilogy, it really didn't have anything to do with any characters from the first book. Sure, one of the main characters from the first book makes an appearance towards the end but it would have been nice if the author touched with those characters as well.

That being said, the story of Grace and Creole was written well. The ability of both characters overcoming their obstacles and finding love during a time where they aren't looking...more
Mom
This was better than the first in the series.

Grace Summerville's identical twin had disappeared without a trace in the shadows of New Orleans' French Quarter. And the only way to find her was to become her - to masquerade as her wild, live-for-the-moment sister....

It was a difficult role for this shy, quiet woman to play, and Detective Auri "Creole" Levalois wasn't making it any easier. He was as seductive, and perhaps even as dangerous, as the city he loved - and he was drawing her into his ow...more
Parry El-Wahey
That was too much fun. Why I didn't read for Nina Bruhns before is beyond my understanding!
Michelle
Decent read.. I didn't know this was book two in a trilogy though.

Did I miss anything by not reading book one? Maybe.. But I don't know what.

Would I recommend the book? Sure, mainly because it wasn't a bad read and it was a quick read at that.

Would I buy this author? I don't know- I'm more into paranormal romance and urban fantasy than I am romantic suspense.
Laurie
I started reading this, but was extremely disappointed not to recognize characters from book one. I totally expected to read about Remi or Deputy Doug. Honestly, I didn't get further than chapter two because I wasn't invested.
Nina Bruhns
Aug 04, 2008 Nina Bruhns rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
The New Orleans Trilogy, book 2

Romance Reviews Today

2002 Dorothy Parker Award
2002 Lorries Winner

Jill
I am new to Nina Bruhns, but i have to say I am loving what I am reading. Great characters, loved Creole, he is great. Love a tortured hero. can't wait for Remi and Muses story.
Laura Elizabeth
I really liked this one. It was my second read by Nina Bruhns- I read her first one in this Cajun series, Catch me if you Can.

Both were really cute, and really pretty good!
LJ
Sweet Revenge - Ok
Nina Bruhns
Good twin replacing "bad" twin in New Orleans. Cop across the courtyard. Plot ok, sensuality ok.
Deb
Loved Creole's character. Thank goodness for Grace :)
Great story and romance. Very tortured soul in Detective Creole
Jane
Jun 07, 2011 Jane rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 3
It was okay.......a normal run of the mill intrigue romance....... nothing exceptional
Sara
Hot Bad Boy Cajun Cop redeemed by good girl. Steamy, fluffy fun.
Gessika
very suspenseful. hard to put the book down. and romantic!
Becky Moore
This was my favorite in the series of this Cajun family.
Karla
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: mystery-romance
VERY GOOD SERIES.
Joyce Guo
Joyce Guo marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Avenging Angel
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Amazon Lily
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #830)
  • Moonrise
  • The Best Man
  • Smoke in the Wind (Harlequin Presents, #1104)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Witness Seduction
  • Protecting Paige (Serve and Protect, #3)
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Guilty as Sin
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Catch Me
Nina Bruhns
is an avid world traveler and adventurer with two graduate degrees in archaeology -- all great fodder for her stories, giving them broad dimension, vivid settings and characters that are out of the ordinary. Her novels have earned two RITA nominations, and won numerous other awards, including three prestigious Daphne du Maurier Awards of Excellence for Overall Best Mystery Suspense Nove...more
More about Nina Bruhns...
Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1) A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3) If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2) Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1) Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)