Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)

Covet (Makedde Vanderwall #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  470 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Two and a half years after her ordeal at the hands of the 'Stiletto Murderer', Ed Brown, Makedde Vanderwall must face her demons once again as she flies into Sydney for Brown's trial - and faces her one-time lover, the jaded Sydney detective Andy Flynn. But days before the trial is set to commence, the unthinkable happens - Ed Brown makes a daring escape, aided and abetted...more
Published August 31st 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd (first published August 18th 2004)

P.d.r. Lindsay

A follow on to 'Fetish' this Australian thriller is a good read for those who enjoy stalkers and sexy heroines. Set in the world of modelling and written by an ex-model it reads as well researched.

The plot is tight and nasty, the heroine suitably scared yet feisty and for all those who enjoy scary thrillers this novel will be a good read.

Do read Fetish first though.
Velvetink
This was a playaway recording I was testing out for my mother who is going blind. The narrator had a terrible sibilant to her voice and although I tried listening to it several times, just couldn't get past it or the fact that the narrator has a fake Australian accent. I only got as far as the main character killing her brother with poison pie.
Dave
If you've read the preceding two books in this series you'll want to read this one to see how it all pans out for our plucky heroine. Moss' style is less police-procedural and more concerned with the central character; self confessed psycho-magnet Mak Vanderwaal, who is a fairly thinly disguised alter ego of the author herself.

Mak is an excellent invention however and is imbued with enough detail to help you care about what happens to her. The villain's escape and manipulation of the hapless "P...more
TheMadHatter
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

This (Book 3) is probably the best book in the series so far, but given that I slammed book 1 and 2 that is probably not a good thing. :-)

I quite like Ms Moss's writing, so I would like to read a series of hers that does not have a pompous, irritating model as the lead character. I have heard that she is writing paranormal now and I think that is probably a better move. These books have shown that writing about the world that you know is not always the best path. Alas, Mo...more
Iread Books
Crime fiction about a model, written by a model.
Katie Q
The only reason this book does not get a 4 star is the embellishment of the 2 main characters on/off romance. It adds nothing to the book.

The book starts off strongly and excites me that I may be getting a gritty crime novel to read. However I am disappointed in this regard.

It makes me ask the question is Tara Moss writing romance novels or crime novels?

It is a good story but not a great crime story or a romance. It has been the same for the early 2 novels in this series.

- what should I expect...more
Natasha
Absolutely loved this one. Finally Mak has the ending she wanted. Lets just hope her and Andy can finally work things out without Ed and his pyscho attraction towards Mak interfering with things. Glad Ed finally got what was coming to him and the best thing was he never saw it coming. Mak is such a strong woman, she has gone through a hell of a lot in the last couple of years and is still trying to stay strong and carry on with her life. Looking forward to the next book.
Eleni Konstantine
I just realised this is book 3 in the series and not book 2, but I didn't feel I had missed anything. I enjoyed this more than the first book - everything seemed to mesh more - dialogue, introspection, action.

Poor Makedde having to deal again with the serial killer that has changed her life.

I'd be interested to see where the series goes. But before I do that, I need to go scout for book 2.
Juliet
I've decided to try Tara Moss' thrillers again after giving up on her first book which was Fetish. Covet's storyline was actually very interesting although the ending sort of let down the entire book. I also like Makkede Vanderwall as a character. BUT her writing still needs a bit of improvement and polish - she's definitely not comparable to Cornwell (in her earlier novels) or Faye Kellerman. No way!
Merri
I've enjoyed this series so far and Covet continued to make me turn the pages! Although I found parts hard to believe (how can an escaped serial killer so easily leave the country), and Mak still un-humanly flawless, and the ending unsatisfying, I'm stilllooking to Mak's next adventure in Hit.
Tracy
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - making the Makedde Vanderwall series one of my picks for the year, as a great series that helped pass the horrible winter days.

Read the full review at OurBookClub
Jenni Boyd
I was extremely disappointed by this book, after reading the first two of the series, I felt this one lacked the edge the others had and wondered if Tara had been pushed to write this after the success of Fetish & Split.
Sharyn O'neill
I wondered how she would make this one different to the first two in the series, but I found it was very much a page-turner ... And very different to the others in a way I didn't expect.
Tara
great book I just finished it last week
Love how she tells us all about the clothes

the end was very good Tara Moss always knows how to say the right thing at the end of her books
Jacqueline
Fantastic opening scene - sister needs a house, brother has a house, sister kills brother calmly to get house.

They say you can't have looks and brains - Tara Moss proves them wrong.
Betty
Interesting Australian mystery with believable characters. The ending a little disappointing, I felt a lot more could have been done to add interest and twists to the end.
Kristin Cubbage
A thriller about an Australian model. I loved reading Tara Moss's books while living in Australia. It helped knowing all of the spots she was referring to.
Sylvia
Had a strong case of deja vu reading this as it's sort of similar to the other ones - just different settings. But easy-to-read light entertainment.
Madelaine
Good, ending was slightly disappointing. Should read Fetish, Split and Covet all, as they are sequels.
caityclare
OMG this book is sooo awesome. I absolutely love everything about it. OMG
Stephen Lawton
I actually find Moss's books quite the page turner. Perfect summer reading.
P.J. Parker
Clearly I am obsessed by Mak. 2012 was her year on my bookshelf.
Kelly Shore
I hope she cuts Andy a break...that is all
Joanne Quick
LOVED this book, didn't want to put it down
Danielle PBrown
Brilliant!! Loved every bit of it
Vikki
Great trilogy of books
  • As Darkness Falls (Dungirri, #1)
  • Jillaroo (Jillaroo #1)
  • Blood Born (Dr. Anya Crichton, #4)
  • The Plantation
  • Wild Encounter
  • Gather the Bones
  • Pants On Fire
  • Tiger Paw
  • Wrongful Death (Anna Travis Mystery, #9)
  • Shooting at Midnight
  • I Came To Say Goodbye
  • The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots
  • Frantic (Detective Ella Marconi #1)
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
  • A Dissection of Murder (Dr Dody McCleland #1)
  • Silver Wattle
  • The Industry (The Industry, #1)
  • Tangled Reins
207498
Tara Moss is a novelist, TV presenter, blogger and journalist.

Since 1999 she has written and published nine bestselling novels including Fetish, Split, Covet, Hit, Siren, Assassin, The Blood Countess and The Spider Goddess, and been published in 18 countries in 12 languages. Her 9th novel, The Skeleton Key, has just been published.

She is currently enrolled in a Doctorate of Social Sciences at The...more
More about Tara Moss...
Fetish (Makedde Vanderwall, #1) The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1) Split (Makedde Vanderwall, #2) Hit (Makedde Vanderwall, #4) The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)