Start by marking “Hearing God's Voice” as Want to Read:
Hearing God's Voice

Hearing God's Voice

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Based on classic Experiencing God principles, Hearing God's Voice is for those who are ready to listen. Beloved author Henry Blackaby and his son Richard help those who are listening to discern the voice of God, to identify ways He speaks, and to respond to His revelations of His will. God speaks to individuals in ways that are personal and unique to each person. God will ...more
Published September 15th 2002 by B&H Books (first published December 31st 1899)

To ask other readers questions about Hearing God's Voice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearing God's Voice

Angela Olsen
this is a wonderful book. i really enjoyed it and feel like i got a lot of useful information form this book, and a lot of new perspectives on old ideas. it really stresses the importance of God's word in the bible and explains how God will never give you a message that contradicts an old message- the bible. God will never tell you to take a mistress to be happy because God said to be faithful to your spouse. God will never tell you to steal money to have less stress in your life and be able to ...more
Samuel
He speaks ! yes he does all the time. Somehow though, we cant pause long enough to indeed hear from him. This book does help one to understand clearer abt really having the desire to want to hear God voice and what are the suggested ways we can do it as well as the type of mindset we might be having on certain thoughts on the way God does speak to us.
Patti Greene
I always love anything written by the Blackaby's. I read half of this book, then left it in the States while in Nigeria. So, I didn't finish it, but from what I read, I would give it a 4 star. The reason for 4 star for me was because it was redundant as I have read many of their books and there was a lot of GOOD repeating, but repeating.
James
Jul 27, 2011 James added it
Eked out 3 stars. Had a few good things to say about prayer. The other part worth mentioning was in the last third of the book: God's voice was contrasted with Satan's, and His ways were discerned from the World's. An uncommon denouncing of relatively common rationalizations was included.
Miss.terri
Coming from a prophtic church, I wanted to see what Blackaby had to say. This was a very encouraging book. It encouraged the reader to pursue with all diligence the voice of God. Very good read. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Matthew
this was a challenging book to read, mostly from a self-reflection point of view. I am glad that I did and have found myself reassessing some of my thoughts and behaviors because of it.
Emily
This was good! Not amazing, but good. I like Blackaby, though I'm not sure that my views line up with his 100%
Jessica
Read for a bible study. Made me think of listening to God in a new way. Well-written and concise.
Brittany Aloisio
Brittany Aloisio is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Dawn Castor
Dawn Castor marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Hall Jackson
Hall Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Emma F. Clites
Emma F. Clites marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jacob Sweeney
Jacob Sweeney marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Julia Hayes
Julia Hayes is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2014
Natalie Morton
Natalie Morton marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Sharon Smith Kennedy
Sharon Smith Kennedy marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Jeff Chaves
Jeff Chaves is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2014
Jo Gower
Jo Gower marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Ron Palacios
Ron Palacios marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Root of the Righteous
  • Abide in Christ
  • The Challenge of the Disciplined Life: Christian Reflections on Money, Sex, and Power
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • The Liberty of Obedience
  • The Kneeling Christian
  • The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead You to a More Abundant Life
  • Our Sufficiency in Christ
  • Real Christianity
  • Come Away My Beloved Updated
  • Reel Spirituality: Theology and Film in Dialogue
  • The Overcoming Life
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
  • The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success
  • Lord, I Want to Be Whole: The Power of Prayer and Scripture in Emotional Healing
  • The Body
  • The Calvary Road
  • Choosing God's Best: Wisdom for Lifelong Romance
Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, Workbook Experiencing God: How to Live the Full Adventure of Knowing and Doing the Will of God Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda Experiencing God Day-By-Day: The Devotional and Journal The Man God Uses

“We look to the Bible but not to get ideas from what people did for God. We look to see what God did in peoples' lives.” 0 likes