Start by marking “Hearing God's Voice” as Want to Read:
Hearing God's Voice

Hearing God's Voice

Based on classic Experiencing God principles, Hearing God's Voice is for those who are ready to listen. Beloved author Henry Blackaby and his son Richard help those who are listening to discern the voice of God, to identify ways He speaks, and to respond to His revelations of His will.God speaks to individuals in ways that are personal and unique to each person. God will n ...more
Published September 15th 2002 by B&H Books (first published December 31st 1899)

To ask other readers questions about Hearing God's Voice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearing God's Voice

Angela Olsen
Aug 06, 2011 Angela Olsen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
this is a wonderful book. i really enjoyed it and feel like i got a lot of useful information form this book, and a lot of new perspectives on old ideas. it really stresses the importance of God's word in the bible and explains how God will never give you a message that contradicts an old message- the bible. God will never tell you to take a mistress to be happy because God said to be faithful to your spouse. God will never tell you to steal money to have less stress in your life and be able to ...more
Jerry Blackerby
May 29, 2015 Jerry Blackerby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have wanted to read Henry Blackaby’s books for years, but never acquired any of them. I just acquired several and began with this one. I loved it. This book describes many ways that God does communicate with us. I have personally experienced several ways of God communicating with me. Blackaby’s book is an easy read with many real experiences described in detail. I now have to read more of his books.
Kenous Carrington
Dec 29, 2014 Kenous Carrington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
An Eye-Opening & Rewarding Read

This book has further illuminated something I have found to be true in recent years of my life. The fact that GOD is sovereign and speaks to us in many ways. This book also helps cast a light on some of the pitfalls that come with trying to determine whether a received instruction is from GOD, the world, or ourselves. Simply invaluable information, as far as I'm concerned. I will most definitely be revisiting this book from time to time.
Mary
Aug 06, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
This book is for the person who truly wants God's leading. Just as his book EXPERIENCING GOD had a profound effect on me, so did this one. Written with his son, Richard, many questions are answered scripturally about how we can feel Gods leading in our lives, finding the work He has for us, as well as why we can't hear Him. The book is well organized and thought out, and every suggestion they have for the reader is backed by scripture. Great read for the growing Christian.
Samuel
Jul 25, 2008 Samuel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knowledge
He speaks ! yes he does all the time. Somehow though, we cant pause long enough to indeed hear from him. This book does help one to understand clearer abt really having the desire to want to hear God voice and what are the suggested ways we can do it as well as the type of mindset we might be having on certain thoughts on the way God does speak to us.
Patti Greene
Oct 29, 2013 Patti Greene rated it really liked it
I always love anything written by the Blackaby's. I read half of this book, then left it in the States while in Nigeria. So, I didn't finish it, but from what I read, I would give it a 4 star. The reason for 4 star for me was because it was redundant as I have read many of their books and there was a lot of GOOD repeating, but repeating.
Miss.terri
Jul 27, 2011 Miss.terri rated it it was amazing
Coming from a prophtic church, I wanted to see what Blackaby had to say. This was a very encouraging book. It encouraged the reader to pursue with all diligence the voice of God. Very good read. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Matthew
Sep 16, 2014 Matthew rated it really liked it
this was a challenging book to read, mostly from a self-reflection point of view. I am glad that I did and have found myself reassessing some of my thoughts and behaviors because of it.
Len Knighton
Mar 04, 2014 Len Knighton rated it it was ok
There is some good to be found here but their interpretation of Scripture in many cases I could not agree with. Yes, I believe God is still speaking. How many of us are listening?
Emily
Apr 17, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
This was good! Not amazing, but good. I like Blackaby, though I'm not sure that my views line up with his 100%
Yewande Olamiju
Nov 14, 2015 Yewande Olamiju rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Chapters 6 and 12 were so on point
Jessica
Dec 27, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Read for a bible study. Made me think of listening to God in a new way. Well-written and concise.
Miss-monica Hustisford
Miss-monica Hustisford rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
Milton Moon Louie
Sep 18, 2016 Milton Moon Louie rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious, ebook
Could the problem with hearing God is not that he didn’t speak but that we don’t want to obey? B+
Lori Beach
Lori Beach rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2009
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
May 12, 2009
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Ross Heinricy
Ross Heinricy rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Robert Roush
Robert Roush rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Mary Yerkes
Mary Yerkes rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Marc J Dutton
Marc J Dutton rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Dallasizfreash Guevara
Dallasizfreash Guevara rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Carlos Rincon
Carlos Rincon rated it liked it
May 04, 2012
Rosemary Brogan
Rosemary Brogan rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Ricky LeMons
Ricky LeMons rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2016
Alisa Lockman
Alisa Lockman rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Pat Mcalvanah
Pat Mcalvanah rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Root of the Righteous
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • Abide in Christ
  • The Challenge of the Disciplined Life: Christian Reflections on Money, Sex, and Power
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Things as They Are: Mission Work in Southern India
  • The Seeking Heart
  • Fearless Daughters of the Bible: What You Can Learn from 22 Women Who Challenged Tradition, Fought Injustice and Dared to Lead
  • Experiencing God Through Prayer
  • The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead You to a More Abundant Life
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
  • Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers: Focusing Concern and Action
  • The Design Revolution: Answering the Toughest Questions about Intelligent Design
  • Real Christianity
  • Choosing God's Best: Wisdom for Lifelong Romance
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Veneer: Living Deeply in a Surface Society
  • Lord, I Want to Be Whole: The Power of Prayer and Scripture in Emotional Healing

“We look to the Bible but not to get ideas from what people did for God. We look to see what God did in peoples' lives.” 2 likes
“A word from Jesus changed everything.” 2 likes