Start by marking “Clouds of Memories” as Want to Read:
Clouds of Memories

Clouds of Memories

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The author recounts the traditions of everyday, rural Hawaiians, and stories handed down from generation to generation about the places and customs that form the core of the Native Hawaiian culture.
Published February 13th 2007 by Kamehameha Schools Press

To ask other readers questions about Clouds of Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clouds of Memories

Darlene Cruz
This is my Grandaunty Mona and what I read and what I know and seen she had written it so accurate and so well. The genealogy of the family and history, awww...... so special. Nothing can replace the oral history that she set to pen and paper. I met her only several times and I knew who she was but we come from a very large ohana that we are lucky to meet one another. I knew Aunty Mona carried information about the family history but never got the chance to discuss it with her. We are in a hurry ...more
Tina
This felt like I was reading my own tutu's diary. At once personal, insightful and illuminating. I'm so humbled by this amazing read. I'm so thankful I bought it, it's something I want to have my sisters, my brothers, my nieces and daughters to read.
Alohadudenyc
a beautiful collection of stories from hawai'i island. lovingly told by a treasured kupuna, mona kahele. a rare treat to read these tales as a non-native. love this!!!
Bev
Wonderful, enlightening stories from the past that teach the future. So glad she loved to write.
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
David Vera
David Vera is currently reading it
May 03, 2014
Rachel Friedman
Rachel Friedman marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Byul
Byul marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
M. Leilani Safavi
M. Leilani Safavi marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Claire G
Claire G is currently reading it
May 31, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2011