Fame (In the Cards, #2)

Fame (In the Cards #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Do you have what it takes to be a star?Eve thinks she does. But the school musical is not what she has in mind. Eve doesn't do auditions, particularly not for Mr. Courtney, the music teacher, who's not a big fan of hers. However, when the tarot cards reveal that the musical may be the first step to the mega-stardom she dreams of, Eve decides to go for it. A powerful King o...more
Published January 8th 2008 by Atheneum/Richard Jackson Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fame

Melinda
Like "Love," I enjoyed Fredericks' next installment in the In the Cards series, "Fame." Unlike other sequels/follow-ups, it did take me a while to get into this on, though, and I think the reason is that the narrator's voice changed from Anna to Eve in this book. Eve's voice, like her personality, is a lot different from Anna's, and it was a little discombobulating at first. Once I got used to the switch, though, it was very interesting to see the same people and school culture from a different...more
Stacy
I like the way this book continues the story line. I think Eve make the worst decisions based on the cards of all of the three girls. She used them as an excuse not to prepare for school, auditions, anything, and she really messes herself up. I think she grows less through the course of the book than her friend did, but she is learning.
Margaret
It was pretty typical. Eve was the type of girl who wanted to be a famous star. She gets the chance to make her dream come true and all that. She's afraid what the cards will show--an award for being an outstanding actress or something as pathetic as shoving pop corn in her mouth while watching a TV show?

It wasn't really, really bad, though. There are some good things about the book. I'm giving it two stars.
Dayna Smith
The second book of the In The Cards trilogy. Eve has Anna read the cards to see if she will get the lead in the school production of Cabaret. The cards seem to indicate success, but Eve will have to achieve her success at the expense of someone else. Is fame under those circumstances worth it? Are there some prices that are just too high? A tale of teenage desire, meanness, and self sacrifice.
Geeta Sharma
This was possibly the hardest one to read of all 3 books- Eve was just a very frustrating character to have to read. I could understand her conquest to become a brilliant star- but she seemed like a bad friend- i felt as if she took advantage of everybody around her because she just wasn't used to hearing the word no and when she does hear it she had a hissy fit.
Daniela
This is a great book, becuase there are some people who think they have the fame by some cards but hey really don´t... one day a boy started to ask what if we really became famous, so he made a lot of ways to become famous... are they going to become famous or waht is going to happen?
Emmag.
I thought this book was just okay. It was slightly cheesy and pretty typical. It was not a bad book or that Mariah Fredericks is a bad author, although I do think it would have been enjoyed more by a younger age group.
Alyssah-Jasmine Merani
This is such a great book. About a girl who auditions for a play and all this drama happens...it is soo good that i cannot tell you guys.

Nataliah
I think its an ok book but i have read better books. I think a person that likes drama would like this book.
Alissa
You should really read this book!
Mariah Fredricks is such a good author.
READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucy Zheng
This is the book about eve.Eve became a star. Eve and her friend help her be a star.read more to find out.
Angela9600
I am glad I got the first one from a library book sale- I am loving this series.
Bethany
this was a good book with a great lesson i would recomend this to anyone
Mollie
Feb 27, 2009 Mollie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
In the Cards: Fame (In the Cards) by Mariah Fredericks (2008)
Sabrina
another great one but i liked the In the cards : love better...
Dreamwalker
Dreamwalker marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Thalia
Thalia marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Meggie
Meggie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Sydney Bulsombut
Sydney Bulsombut marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mariah Fredericks is the author of the bestselling novel The True Meaning of Cleavage, which Meg Cabot called "Laugh-out-loud funny and way twisted!"

Mariah accepts that cats are her superior in every way and would never dream of insulting one by trying to own it. However, she has been reading tarot cards since she was a teenager, and while she knows that it is lame to believe in fortune-telling, h...more
More about Mariah Fredericks...
The Girl in the Park Crunch Time The True Meaning of Cleavage Head Games Love (In the Cards, #1)