Love (In the Cards, #1)

Love (In the Cards #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Geek Girl gets Greek God.That's the latest on "Zoe's World, " a website that Eberly High's eighth-grade girls check out daily.

Only Anna, Eve, and Syd know that the cards -- the mysterious tarot deck Mrs. Rosemont left Anna, along with a psycho cat, Mouli -- are responsible. Or, at least, may be responsible...if you believe in that kind of thing.

At first Anna doesn't believ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Atheneum Books (first published 2006)

Autumn who is autumny.
this book was okay. it was kind of cliche and and 80% predictable. just your average teenage girl that isnt part of the "cool" clique and is helplessly in love with this guy and argues with her friends. the kind that makes me embarrassed to be a teenaged girl. oh well. ill read the sequel anyway xD
Genesis
"In the cards Love", Anna has a crush on a guy that used to be a geek. Declan Kelso used to be a total nerd. He would wear his glasses all side ways, then he would put his pants all the way to the top of his waist. Now that everyone came back from summer vacation, Declan Kelso gave a surprise to all the ladies on the very first day of school. Since all the girls are all over Declan, Anna has to find out a way to get him to ask her out. Will Anna accommplish this or will she live as a pretty geek...more
It was a typical chick-lit book. Very predictable. At least I can check this book off of my list.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Life was pretty simple for Anna. She had two best friends, Eve and Syd, did pretty well in school, and actually didn't worry about all those boy problems. Life was so simple, until Mrs. Rosemont, her neighbor that she used to help, passed away and left her a deck of tarot cards. Well, that and the crazy cat, Mouli.

Of course Anna didn't really believe in tarot cards. It seems impossible for a deck of cards to tell the future. B...more
Stacy
I like this book. I hate some of the choices she makes based on the cards, but middle school girls aren't always known for their logic. I love when she decides to be who she really is, and she stand up for Nelson. I enjoy the girls' friendship and the learning that takes place.
Jackie "the Librarian"
Nov 15, 2007 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen girls
Shelves: youngadult, magic, romance
Standard teen story of a shy girl who doesn't think she'll ever be noticed by the guy she likes, until she does a tarot card reading that indicates otherwise. But her success in love temporarily has her neglecting her friends, until she comes to her senses, and realizes what is truly important.
Comes with the usual cast of supporting players - the goth best friend and the shy best friend, the nasty popular girl, and the boy everyone is interested in. Because of the tarot card angle, there is som...more
Dayna Smith
This is the story of Anna whose elderly neighbor dies and leaves her a cat and a deck of Tarot cards. Anna has a crush on the hottest boy in school and wants to know if there is a chance for them to get together. This is a great story that realistically portrays what it's like to not be with the "cool" kids. It frankly discusses bullying and what students, and school staff, can and should do about it. Anna struggles to maintain her friendship with Eve and Syd, her own identity, and her relations...more
Melinda
Despite the fact that I am not a big "chick lit" fan, I enjoyed this book a lot. I thought the voice of the main character, Anna, was true to life and that she accurately expressed the angst of an 8th grader going through her first crush and the struggles of coping with cliques. She ended up making good decisions and learned valuable lessons about friendship and priorities. The scene with her dressed up as the Thanksgiving "Tammy Turkey" was funny.
Ms. Foley
This is a GREAT book if you want a preview of the hazards of middle school life. Why are the so-called "popular" people the meanest ones? And why are they considered popular if most people don't like them? Having a crush can be really hard--especially if you're unsure of your status in the social world.....
Geeta Sharma
This book is what got me so invested into tarot cards. Every girl wants to fall in love- or know what it's like to be loved exceptionally and spectacularly. When you could make a wish for it to maybe hurry up a littl bit- would you wish for love?
Amber
i feel that this book was very cute and the love story is one that many girls would like .. traot cards dont always tell the future but in this novel they do and the outcome is great :}
Vaitheeswari
Ihe tarot cards that were given to Anna by her dead neighbour sounds strange.I think Nelson did the right to Chris.If i was Nelson, i might have did the same thing to Chris.
Aimee
Anna finds tarot cards in her house 1 day and decides to do her fortune with her 2 best friends, Syd. and Eve. It1s a story about how the cards controll their future
Shreenithaa
I am also reading this book,this is a great book for those who want stories about love or fate.You will never know what is going to happen next.
Melani Smith
It wasn't the best written, but it had a good story and I can't wait to find the second one of this series. I would definitely recommend it.
Bethany
this is a good book so far it can happen in real life and thats what i love. this was an amazing book.
faelinwolf
Liked it except for the part where it said pentagrams were what they used to call demons. Yeah...
Lisa
Unfortunately, I read this book awhile ago...but for some reason I don't think I liked it.
Lalala*Saredo*
Really good book it got me hooked on it it was a story that was really intresting.
Hannah Schultz
This is such a good book! I'm predicting that Anna is gonna start dating Nelson.
Lucy Zheng
Anna is a girl ,her firend died .She gave Anna a card. Anna det in trouble for the card.
Angela9600
This book aimed at junior high readers made me laugh and cry. Good stuff.
Mollie
Feb 27, 2009 Mollie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
In the Cards: Love (In the Cards) by Mariah Fredericks (2007)
Jackie
It spoke to me in more ways than one. Pure truth in this book.
Chocolatechick
This book is a great book for people that love teen books.
Kim
great, cute romance novel
Nora14
MY fave in this series
Jo
This is a really good book!!!
  • Returnable Girl
  • The Truth about Truman School
  • Messed Up
  • Never Been Kissed
  • Box Out
  • As If Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother Is Running for President!
  • Here Today
  • The Opposite of Invisible
  • The Last Invisible Boy
  • Brothers, Boyfriends & Other Criminal Minds
  • Just Another Hero (Jericho, #3)
  • Missing Abby
  • Vibes
Mariah Fredericks is the author of the bestselling novel The True Meaning of Cleavage, which Meg Cabot called "Laugh-out-loud funny and way twisted!"

Mariah accepts that cats are her superior in every way and would never dream of insulting one by trying to own it. However, she has been reading tarot cards since she was a teenager, and while she knows that it is lame to believe in fortune-telling, h...more
More about Mariah Fredericks...
The Girl in the Park Crunch Time The True Meaning of Cleavage Head Games Season of the Witch