Start by marking “Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!” as Want to Read:
Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!

Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Art fatherhood work play. How do you reconcile one to the next? Award-winning author Scott Morse has decided it s time to try within the pages of TIGER!TIGER!TIGER!, a series of band desinee-style graphic works that combine varied styles of painting and illustration with sequential stories of wonder and the magic of the day-to-day. Morse s popular tiger from the pages of S ...more
Published December 2nd 2008 by Ad House

To ask other readers questions about Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!

Jan 13, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Yes the art was lovely. And it was fun to see Oakland depicted in some gorgeous illustrations. But I agree with other reviewers that the text was disturbing, especially the way he described a homeless woman with a possible developmental delay and his statement that some people should not be allowed to reproduce. I don't know if at point some people feel that as liberal artists they say whatever but no man, that is not ok.
Parka
Dec 04, 2012 Parka rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! is a charming autobiography by Scott Morse. Here, he draws himself as a tiger, putting his thoughts beside his colourful sketches, telling us how he sees the world and himself.

Do adults still pretend to be someone else nowadays? I know kids sure do, pretending to be their favourite superheroes and idols. But an adult? It's interesting to see a story told from a little tiger's point of view.

The story starts with jury duty that was delayed. Us
Eric
Jun 10, 2014 Eric rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, 2014
Scott Morse is a great artist. But I didn't care for his reflective prose.
John
Mar 27, 2016 John rated it liked it
Sketches of introspection.
Kelly Moore
I guess I shouldn't call it a graphic novel since it's nonfiction - what's the term for that? Anyway, I like Scott Morse's artwork, and while I wasn't completely blown away by this stream-of-consciousness piece, I enjoyed a glimpse into the mind of an artist that I admire.
Peacegal
Aug 18, 2011 Peacegal rated it it was ok
I quite enjoyed the illustrations, but the text (I can't say there's really a story) was a bit too pretentious and self-absorbed for my tastes. And get this--the tigers aren't actually tigers at all. What a roaring disappointment.
j_ay
Nov 25, 2011 j_ay rated it it was ok
Lovely art, but the personal story may resonate with some, it's really not much of a story, and then the segue of 'how cute my kid is' (something every parent thinks about their kid) is annoying.
Whatsupchuck
Mar 24, 2013 Whatsupchuck rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I read this a couple years ago, and don't remember much from it now. I do vaguely remember it being very good and emotionally touching.
Reenie
May 23, 2009 Reenie rated it liked it
Shelves: children
The art is gorgeous, not to mention adorable. The words are somewhat less so, occasionally shading to a bit pretentious.
Jamil
May 26, 2009 Jamil rated it did not like it
not really about tigers & way too pretentious. despite the quality of the art, this book just really annoyed me.
Jamie
Nov 22, 2008 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
A beautifully painted children's book for adults.
Mary
Great artwork.
Rehana Khan
Rehana Khan rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Rebecca Lavelle
Rebecca Lavelle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 22, 2016
Ines Re
Ines Re rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Diego
Diego added it
Jun 07, 2015
Kelsey Soto
Kelsey Soto marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Josh Quintana
Josh Quintana marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ryland Leddy
Ryland Leddy marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Davy
Davy added it
May 28, 2014
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Phanurat Wongtree
Phanurat Wongtree rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Abriefcoldwind
Abriefcoldwind rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Scott Morse (sometimes known as C. Scott Morse or C. S. Morse) is an American animator, filmmaker, and comic book artist/writer.

Much of Morse's published work consists of stand-alone graphic novels, although he is perhaps best known for his epic series Soulwind, a story serialised in a sequence of graphic novels, which was nominated for both the Eisner and Ignatz awards.
More about Scott Morse...