Start by marking “Girl, Get Your Money Straight: A Sister's Guide to Healing Your Bank Account and Funding Your Dreams in 7 Simple Steps” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  137 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
If you’re tired of feeling powerless over your finances and are ready to start funding your dreams, then come on girl–it’s time to get your money straight! Author and financial expert Glinda Bridgforth knows that healthy money management is rarely just about dollars–it’s about getting to the root of why we spend what we do and recognizing the emotional and cultural issues ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Crown Business (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Girl, Get Your Money Straight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl, Get Your Money Straight

Robin
Feb 02, 2008 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women who need financial advice
Shelves: non-fiction
This is by far the best personal finance book I have ever read. I love Glinda's books and I recommend them to all women who need advice and help with their finances.
Dacia
Feb 17, 2016 Dacia rated it really liked it
This book was better than that Financial Savvy book, but it still did not float my boat. The book did make me more conscious of simple thing that I have been slipping on. The book didn't give any concrete steps to get your finances on track.
Kandise
Jun 30, 2010 Kandise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hippie dippie book about being right with god and the world so that wealth will come to you. Practical advice includes repeating affirmations of being a money-magnet and taping a fake cheque made out to you, with a sum of thousands of dollars, to your bathroom mirror. The author also spends a great deal of time applauding herself for changing peoples' lives.
Ronda Stroud
Dec 27, 2007 Ronda Stroud rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every single Black Female addicted to retail!
Shelves: self-help
This book isn't what I thought it would be. I thought it would be like a lot of money books that tell you stuff you already know about checking credit scores and interest rates, ect. This book read more like a novel to me. It went into detail about why a lot of us that have money issues in the first place. I really liked this one!
Adrienna
Jan 27, 2011 Adrienna rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting after reading another money book! I loved her stories, strategies, and holistic approach for AA sistahs! I passed the one test with flying colors, another one, I wanted to copy and print out but took it back to the library. May get this on my shelf in future. 3.5/5 stars.
Tracy Martinez
A MUST READ!! If you were not raised in an enviorment where you were taught how to manage your finances, this book is a great place to start learning! It changed my life.
Connie Barillas
Apr 01, 2008 Connie Barillas rated it really liked it
Shelves: financial
I didn't read this word for word, but read through it at the library, picking out charts and chapters that piqued my interest. It was informative and written with humor.
Leah
Jan 12, 2008 Leah rated it liked it
A sister's guide to healing your bank account and funding your dreams in 7 simple steps!

Thoughtful, holistic, heartfelt advice!
Jacquelyn Smith
Oct 12, 2012 Jacquelyn Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-story
Speaks to the heart and soul of your bank account. A fool and his money will easily part.
Norma
Mar 30, 2012 Norma added it
I am still reading it! It is a good read for managing your monies.
Eula
Jun 06, 2010 Eula rated it really liked it
A very good book on healing your banking and building your credit.
Joy Johnson
Nov 01, 2012 Joy Johnson rated it it was amazing
Well done and informative. Great for book clubs
Carla
Jan 10, 2009 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book!
Eden
Eden marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Derica Brown
Derica Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
H H
H H marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Booklover
Booklover marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Chene
Chene marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
LaTisha
LaTisha marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Tonya Suzette
Tonya Suzette marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Christina Mendez
Christina Mendez marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Ester Fortuna
Ester Fortuna rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Gunnersen Adams
Gunnersen Adams marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Diana Nagy
Diana Nagy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Alison Shiloh
Alison Shiloh rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
MeMe Willz
MeMe Willz marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Kimberly Sanders-johnson
Kimberly Sanders-johnson marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Sapio
Sapio marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Loving Self
Loving Self marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
  • Stilettos in the Kitchen: The Modern Girl's Guide to Being a Domestic Goddess
  • Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting: Real Talk for When There's Nowhere to Go But Up
  • Black Woman Redefined: Dispelling Myths and Discovering Fulfillment in the Age of Michelle Obama
  • 50 Prosperity Classics: Attract It, Create It, Manage It, Share It
  • Who Owns the Ice House?: Eight Life-Lessons From an Unlikely Entrepreneur
  • Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient
  • The Wealth Cure: Putting Money in Its Place
  • 7 Money Mantras for a Richer Life: How to Live Well with the Money You Have
  • Raise Your Hand If You Have Issues: If You Didn't Raise You Hand You're Lying and That's an Issue
  • A Belle in Brooklyn: Advice for Living Your Single Life and Enjoying Mr. Right Now
  • Fabulosity: What It Is and How to Get It
  • The Go-Getter Girl's Guide: Get What You Want in Work and Life (and Look Great While You're at It)
  • The Motherhood Manifesto: What America's Moms Want - and What To Do About It
  • How to Have More than Enough: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Abundance
  • Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams
  • Soft-Spoken Parenting: 50 Ways to Not Lose Your Temper With Your Kids