Start by marking “Girl, Get Your Money Straight: A Sister's Guide to Healing Your Bank Account and Funding Your Dreams in 7 Simple Steps” as Want to Read:

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  12 reviews
If you’re tired of feeling powerless over your finances and are ready to start funding your dreams, then come on girl–it’s time to get your money straight! Author and financial expert Glinda Bridgforth knows that healthy money management is rarely just about dollars–it’s about getting to the root of why we spend what we do and recognizing the emotional and cultural issues ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Crown Business (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Girl, Get Your Money Straight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl, Get Your Money Straight

Robin
Feb 02, 2008 Robin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women who need financial advice
Shelves: non-fiction
This is by far the best personal finance book I have ever read. I love Glinda's books and I recommend them to all women who need advice and help with their finances.
Kandise
Hippie dippie book about being right with god and the world so that wealth will come to you. Practical advice includes repeating affirmations of being a money-magnet and taping a fake cheque made out to you, with a sum of thousands of dollars, to your bathroom mirror. The author also spends a great deal of time applauding herself for changing peoples' lives.
Ronda Stroud
Dec 27, 2007 Ronda Stroud rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every single Black Female addicted to retail!
Shelves: self-help
This book isn't what I thought it would be. I thought it would be like a lot of money books that tell you stuff you already know about checking credit scores and interest rates, ect. This book read more like a novel to me. It went into detail about why a lot of us that have money issues in the first place. I really liked this one!
Adrienna
Not what I was expecting after reading another money book! I loved her stories, strategies, and holistic approach for AA sistahs! I passed the one test with flying colors, another one, I wanted to copy and print out but took it back to the library. May get this on my shelf in future. 3.5/5 stars.
Tracy Martinez
A MUST READ!! If you were not raised in an enviorment where you were taught how to manage your finances, this book is a great place to start learning! It changed my life.
Connie Barillas
I didn't read this word for word, but read through it at the library, picking out charts and chapters that piqued my interest. It was informative and written with humor.
Leah
A sister's guide to healing your bank account and funding your dreams in 7 simple steps!

Thoughtful, holistic, heartfelt advice!
Jacquelyn Smith
Speaks to the heart and soul of your bank account. A fool and his money will easily part.
Norma
Mar 30, 2012 Norma added it
I am still reading it! It is a good read for managing your monies.
Eula
A very good book on healing your banking and building your credit.
Joy Johnson
Well done and informative. Great for book clubs
Carla
Wonderful book!
Mardene Carr
Mardene Carr marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Christen Page
Christen Page is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2015
Sharee
Sharee marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
TaTa Hardy
TaTa Hardy marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Deandra Berry
Deandra Berry marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Syandene
Syandene marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Korrie
Korrie marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Yanani
Yanani marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Mazeli Dee
Mazeli Dee marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Brittney Ashley
Brittney Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
  • Stilettos in the Kitchen: The Modern Girl's Guide to Being a Domestic Goddess
  • The Wealth Cure: Putting Money in Its Place
  • Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting: Real Talk for When There's Nowhere to Go But Up
  • Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, & More Resilient
  • Black Woman Redefined: Dispelling Myths and Discovering Fulfillment in the Age of Michelle Obama
  • 50 Prosperity Classics
  • Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams
  • A Belle in Brooklyn: Advice for Living Your Single Life and Enjoying Mr. Right Now
  • True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real
  • The Go-Getter Girl's Guide: Get What You Want in Work and Life (and Look Great While You're at It)
  • Fabulosity: What It Is and How to Get It
  • The Prosperity Bible: Landmark Writings on the Incredible Prospering Powers of the Human Mind
  • Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football
  • Woman Habits
  • Hands-On Healing Remedies: 150 Recipes for Herbal Balms, Salves, Oils, Liniments & Other Topical Therapies
  • Because I Said So
  • On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl's Guide to Personal Finance
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
Girl, Make Your Money Grow!: A Sister's Guide to Protecting Your Future and Enriching Your Life Girl, Get Your Credit Straight!: A Sister's Guide to Ditching Your Debt, Mending Your Credit, and Building a Strong Financial Future Girl, Get Your Credit Straight! Girl, Get Your Money Straight! Girl, Get Your Money Straight