Start by marking “There's Always Plan B” as Want to Read:
There's Always Plan B

There's Always Plan B

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  17 reviews
What does a stay-at-home mother do when her executive husband divorces her? She goes to plan B: restore her birthplace and maybe her heart along the way.
Published July 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about There's Always Plan B, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's Always Plan B

Marguerite Long
I love Susan Mallery but this book was lame. It could have been so much more. I do not like the fact that it just ended. There was no resolution.
Sarah Eiseman
This book was published as part of the Harlequin NEXT books and was a little different from your run-of-the-mill contemporary romance. Although romance pushed the plot, there wasn’t really a clear resolution–it was written a little more like a traditional novel.

Carly Spencer has recently been through a lot. Her husband has left her to sail to Hawaii and “find himself,” her teenage daughter is going through major angst about moving to a smaller community where she knows no one, and her mother (wh
Melissa
I love this book. Carly decided to go home after her divorce with her teenage daughter. Her ex husband wanted to find himself. Must be nice? Carly's mom owes a Bed & Breakfast & Carly is helping to get more business with the help of the local gossip of the place is haunted by a ghost. I feel we need a plan B at times. I did not like how the book ended. I wanted to know more.
Lisa
Eh. The fact that I wanted to punch Tiffany and Rhonda after every other sentence pretty much sums up this book for me. I wish Carly would have just lined up most of the people in her life and blasted them for their selfishness.
RoseMari
This book is about a woman who has just turned 40 and was left by her husband of 16 years. He needed to find himself, and Carly decides it’s time she does the same thing. But the journey will be difficult with a 15-year-old who is acting like you’d expect the typical teenager to act, a mother who criticizes her during every conversation, and a B & B that she’s taken charge of and seems to have lost its resident ghost – which is the main reason people visit the B & B. On top of all this, ...more
Louise
Nice, light, quick and easy read. A 40 year old recently divorced woman and her 15 year old daughter return to the family home. The family Bed and Breakfast is losing money and fast. Can the bed and breakfast in the hundred years old mansion be saved? Can the supposed resident ghost drum up some new business or is their recent 'ghostbuster' vacationer going to ruin the once flourishing B & B?

From back cover:

"Carly Spencer, former perfect wife, was changing her agenda...

Because Plan A-be a st
Marilyn Miles
Great read. Enjoyed the interaction between a woman in the sandwich generation, living with her mother and teenage daughter, while running a bed an breakfast. Then there are the men in her life--irresponsible ex/father of her daughter--her former teacher and now suitor, and the irresistible, handsome younger man who could ruin her livelihood. My favorite Susan Mallery book so far!
Sassy
Nov 26, 2014 Sassy added it
Didn't like how in the ending she didn't pick one guy. I. Would've liked it to be steamier where she sleeps with the other guy too the teacher. And it's hot with him too. Maybe young guy finds someone else has a kid didn't know about. She says no more kids but gets pregnant by teacher condom breaks. Etc
Rachel Caldwell
I didn't like the way it ended. I was excited when I thought my 14 year old daughter could read it (I only paid $0.95). Half way through chapter 13, I realized that nope, don't think so. Not huge scene but still not going to let her. But again, I didn't like the end too much left undone.
Tamara Jimenez
Not one of my favorites

This one was not a favorite the mom.and daughter were horrible. I loved when the ghost appeared. This is the first book of hers that I've had a hard time with. Not a favorite
Donna Beard
I normally love this author but this book was really a let down. The relationships felt disconnected and the ending - to put it mildly - was seriously lacking.
Kim
Jul 22, 2010 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
This was a nice fluffy read- just what I felt like.

Carly heads home after her divorce to help her mum run the family b&b which has a resident ghost. A 'ghost buster' books in over the summer to dismiss their claims and they are worried that if he doesn't 'feel' the ghost the family business will fail.
Bridget
Great read! Just when you think you have it all planned out in life, you learn that you still need a plan B to fall back on! You never know!
Isabel C.
Discarded at page 191. It was ok, but I lost interest.
Gizzard
Meh, not good or bad "hen lit".
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
Gail
I'd read it again.
Nancy Kennedy
Nancy Kennedy is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Kathy Paddock
Kathy Paddock marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2015
Holly Flora
Holly Flora marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Hélène
Hélène marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Jan
Jan added it
Jul 20, 2015
  • The Diaper Diaries
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • How to Tell a Lie (Truth and Lies, #1)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • The Billionaire's Housekeeper Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • The Rebel Doctor's Bride
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings
  • Ex On The Beach
  • Indiscretions (Harlequin Blaze, #548)
  • The Marine's Baby
  • Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #388)
  • Antiques Flee Market (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #3)
  • The Parting Glass
  • Nicholas Sparks Love Stories Series: The Notebook, Dear John, The Last Song, A Walk to Remember, The Lucky One, Safe Haven
  • Bad Boys Online
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come ...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)