Start by marking “The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters” as Want to Read:
The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters

The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters

Adapting basic sweater patterns for personal preferences and measurements is the focus of this step-by-step guidebook that helps knitters refashion knitting schematics. The designs, illustrations, and photos demonstrate how to adjust patterns to different styles so that any knitter can customize sweater patterns into unique creations. Challenging projects—ranging from swea ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters

Annie
Dec 29, 2015 Annie rated it really liked it
If you're into blind follower directions, you might be disappointed. There really aren't any 'buy this yarn, knit this gauge, cast on this many stitches' patterns in this book.

This is an almost 'architecturally' put together set of instructions for the slightly-adventurous giving concise directions on how to build and use knitted fabric.

I really enjoyed it a lot. I recommend it for anyone itching to give DIY designing a try.

Anne
Apr 29, 2015 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
Great instructions on how to knit a sweater to fit without having to follow a pattern. Includes different styles of sweaters. No basic knitting instructions, so I expect I will like this better after I learn to knit! Lovely color pictures, multiple shots of each style, urge me to learn so I can try it out.
Jamie Henderson
Jan 15, 2014 Jamie Henderson rated it really liked it
I have never knit a sweater before buying this book. This book is very well laid out and offers information in a form and layout that does not overwhelm the first time sweater knitter. I think it is also in depth enough that experienced sweater knitters will also enjoy it. The patterns are interesting and intriguing. The explanations are very clear and accessible. I'd recommend this book to anyone who is interested in sweater knitting.
Mckinley
Jul 17, 2015 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Helpful; a few basic patterns and how to fit.
Jan 10, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
The patterns in this book were interesting, but I still felt like there was something missing from this book that would have made it better. It felt a little out-dated and I thought they could have done a better job with the pictures of the knitted items. I didn't find any patterns I wanted to knit.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Debbie
Feb 03, 2008 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
The first section is devoted to explaining how to be sure your sweaters fit. I found the charts a bit confusing but I suspect it's because I wasn't actually knitting; just gathering information. Projects are all based on the information in the first section and unless you grasp that it would be hard to use the patterns. A good resource to revisit.
Leigh
Jan 17, 2010 Leigh added it
The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters: A Knit-to-Fit Workshop (Knit to Fit Workshop) by Lynne Vogel (2007)
Patti
Feb 06, 2010 Patti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
love their colorwork; good ideas for patterns
Christine Sierakowski
Christine Sierakowski marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Robin McManus
Robin McManus rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Dommdy
Dommdy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Vicki Matthews
Vicki Matthews marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Kathi
Kathi rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Audrey
Audrey rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 19, 2016
Kellie
Kellie added it
Feb 10, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Judith Brodnicki
Judith Brodnicki rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Terry Biehl
Terry Biehl rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Linda  Harrower
Linda Harrower rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Kyla Fletcher
Kyla Fletcher rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014