Start by marking “Kids Learn to Knit” as Want to Read:
Kids Learn to Knit

Kids Learn to Knit

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Learning to knit can be enormous fun for five-to-ten-year-olds--especially when helped along by animal characters whose antics make each lesson a delight.
Published September 1st 2006 by Trafalgar Square Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kids Learn to Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids Learn to Knit

Lori
As part of my 2012 Bucket List (done in place of resolutions which I always break in the first month) I decided I would learn to knit.
To that end I got this book at the library and yes, it's a children's book - how better to learn something new that to be taught like a child?

I did need to supplement my teaching with some You Tube videos and some curse words but the bottom line is I learned and I shall soon be the proud owner of a scarf.

The book was good but a little confusing with the illustrat
Robbie Bashore
Feb 13, 2008 Robbie Bashore rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People teaching younger children (ages 5-8) to knit.
Shelves: non-fiction
Helpful for children in the younger (5-8) age group. There are several small projects that can make practicing stitches less boring. Most of those projects are little toys, though, which might not be as appealing to tweens or older kids. (Although they could present lots of opportunities for creativity.)

I like the large illustrations, but some of them are a little bit confusing. They make more sense when used with the written words, but I was hoping to find a stand-alone visual aid for my daught
Katherine
This is a very cute book with excellent diagrams and instructions, but it's a little too young for the sixth grader I am looking to teach. It will be perfect for the three year old in a couple of years!
Lisa
I know the basics, so I could help Ruth, but I dont think she would have stuck with it (trying to figure it out) without the help of this book. Nice clear pictures and instructions.
Knitology
Dani
My first ever knitting project came from this book!
Olivia
Great projects for kids and beginning knitters!
Dani
Dani added it
Oct 10, 2014
Lisa Anderson
Lisa Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Carolyn Dimeo
Carolyn Dimeo marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Melissa Macedo
Melissa Macedo marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Soudi
Soudi added it
Oct 04, 2012
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Bernadette Kovalsick
Bernadette Kovalsick marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2011
Handknits for Kids: 25 Original Designs for Girls and Boys And So to Bed…: Handknits and Things Northern Knits Northern Knits Gifts: Thoughtful Projects Inspired by Folk Traditions Kids Learn to Crochet