Start by marking “Saratoga Haunting” as Want to Read:
Saratoga Haunting
Preview

Saratoga Haunting (Charlie Bradshaw #7)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  5 reviews
It's been years since Charlie Bradshaw traded in his badge and a steady paycheck for the hard-scrabble but independent life of a private eye, but his past is catching up with him - with a vengeance. A man he was responsible for convicting twenty years ago has been paroled from prison and seems to be out to get him, if the death threats Charlie has been receiving are any in ...more
Published August 1st 1994 by Penguin Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Saratoga Haunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saratoga Haunting

Gloria Mccracken
A mystery in a somewhat unusual setting (Saratoga, in upstate New York) featuring a PI, ex-cop, with more than a passing acquaintance with the racing that takes place at the famed horse track, although it plays little part in this particular book. The books have a slightly Runyonesque flavor to them.
Steve Davis
A new author to me. This book was written in 1993 but still a great read for me - especially as I live in Saratoga Springs and am familiar with the places in this tale. The author writes with an acerbic whit that I appreciate.
This is a quick read of about 200 pages.
Linda
I enjoyed the setting, Saratoga Springs, but unlike a few others I have read, it took a LONG time to finally get to the action (last 25 or 30 pages). It was more introspective and for me, not that good of a read.
Kim
May 19, 2009 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
I grew up in Saratoga, so enjoyed the descriptions of the town and surroundings. Fairly predictable, easy read.
Lawrence
Really like the Charlie Bradshaw mysteries....familiar places....believable and amusing characters.
Sharon Piper
Sharon Piper marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Missi Svoboda
Missi Svoboda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Jonathan Freed
Jonathan Freed marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Lauren Coyle
Lauren Coyle marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Apple
Apple added it
Aug 14, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Bernadette Vandeinse
Bernadette Vandeinse marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Jagan
Jagan added it
Oct 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Dobyns was raised in New Jersey, Michigan, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. He was educated at Shimer College, graduated from Wayne State University, and received an MFA from the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa in 1967. He has worked as a reporter for the Detroit News.

He has taught at various academic institutions, including Sarah Lawrence College, the Warren Wilson College MFA Program
More about Stephen Dobyns...

Charlie Bradshaw (10 books)
  • Saratoga Longshot
  • Saratoga Hexameter
  • Saratoga Backtalk
  • Saratoga Fleshpot
  • Saratoga Strongbox
The Church Of Dead Girls The Burn Palace Boy in the Water Best Words, Best Order: Essays on Poetry Velocities: New and Selected Poems, 1966-1992