Start by marking “It's a Chick Thing: Celebrating the Wild Side of Women's Friendships” as Want to Read:
It's a Chick Thing: Celebrating the Wild Side of Women's Friendships

It's a Chick Thing: Celebrating the Wild Side of Women's Friendships

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This is a collection of stories about the unique times that strengthen the bonds of womens' friendship. Full of true tales, resources such as a list of verbal comebacks for men and anecdotes about celebrities, the book emphasizes the risk-taking, the loyalty and the humour of girlfriends gone wild.
Published September 1st 2000 by Conari Press

To ask other readers questions about It's a Chick Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Chick Thing

Michelle
A cheeky collection of stories and lots of quotes and sidebar lists including chick flicks and chick reads!The book includes information on "Fat Mama's Knock You Naked Margarita Mix"- so you know I HAVE to try that! Yeah, there is also a recipe for "Loopy Laura's Martinis-makes your gathering an automatic slumber party" yeah- ladies the party will be at my place!!!!!
Trudy
A fun "gift for a friend" book... Lots of witty quotes and fun stories from women ranging between the Duchess of York to Loretta Lynn.

I like reading these and personalizing the gift by writing in my own comments and notes to a friend before I give it.
Jessica
This was a funny light read, great for a girls vacation or beach trip. Some of the stories were hilarious others were so touching, great mix and shows true friendship.
Wiwwa
Duh. Of course it's amazing because I'm in it. That's me in the picture on page 121, right in the middle. Thanks to my friend Jen for writing the story!
Katherine
The stories in this book were just mediocre and I quickly tired of it and put it aside. It has a few gems but not something I would rush out to buy.
Jessica
A quick read. Made me want to gather up every one of my girl friends and have a tea party or a gigantic sleepover. Or do something crazy.
Brenda Kay
Cute book about women's relationships. It was a fun, entertaining book.
Teresa
I gave this one 5 stars as I am a contributor to the collection!
Phyllis Barlow
Phyllis Barlow marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Mary-anne Manley
Mary-anne Manley marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Katie Graham
Katie Graham marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Valerie Manseau
Valerie Manseau marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Elizabeth Downey
Elizabeth Downey marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Erin H
Erin H marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Paipai3835
Paipai3835 marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Tris
Tris marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • American Thighs: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Preserving Your Assets
  • Hope Through Heartsongs
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • Turning Japanese: Memoirs of a Sansei
  • Zabelle
  • The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx (Summary & Study Guide)
  • Cry Me a River
  • For These Tough Times: Reaching Toward Heaven for Hope and Healing
  • The View from Serendip
  • Sew Pretty Homestyle
  • Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about our Companions and Best Friends
  • Magic and Medicine of Plants
Nesting: It's a Chick Thing Postcards from the Bump: A Chick's Guide to Getting to Know the Baby in Your Belly Celebrating Motherhood: A Comforting Companion for Every Expecting Mother It's a Chick Thing: Celebrating the Wild Side of Women's Friendship Help! My Baby Came Without Instructions: How to Survive (and Enjoy) Your Baby's First Year