Start by marking “Blessing in Disguise (Red River of the North, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blessing in Disguise (Red River of the North, #6)

Blessing in Disguise (Red River of the North #6)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Her first mistake was emigrating alone. Was this one even worse?
Augusta Bjorklund, after discovering her intended bridegroom married someone else, decided to leave her broken heart in Norway and start a new life in America. But knowing no English, Augusta misunderstands a ticket agent's directions in St. Paul, Minnesota, and in the harried confusion, she boards the wrong
Published February 1st 2007 by Bethany House (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Blessing in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessing in Disguise

A Surrendered Heart by Tracie PetersonThese Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderAn Unexpected Love by Tracie PetersonThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls WilderLittle House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Historical Fiction Book Covers
98th out of 102 books — 8 voters
Until That Distant Day by Jill StenglA Promise for Ellie by Lauraine SnellingA Touch of Grace by Lauraine SnellingRebecca's Reward by Lauraine SnellingSummer Dream by Martha   Rogers
Great Christian Romances
39th out of 100 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
Jeni Enjaian
Again I return to an old favorite, Lauraine Snelling. As a teenager I read her young adult novels voraciously. I loved horses...admit it...what teenage girl doesn't love those beautiful creatures. :D

The three books of hers that I checked out from the library this round were the third, fifth and sixth in the series. I accidentally picked up the sixth book from my own pile and just started reading.

To be honest, save for a few details about various relationships in the book I did not find myself at
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Blessing in Disguise is the sixth novel in the Red River of the North series, and I finished reading it in a day. As with most family trees there are so many characters, the author does not have much space to work the updates into the story of Augusta Bjorklund emigrating to North Dakota and ending up in South Dakota.
I recommend the series to all readers who want entertainment with history of Dakotah territory.
Mypupdaisy
** Spoilers ** Last book of the series. It was a let down. No way did someone get married and not know it. Back then, they wanted to make sure other men knew this was their Wife and would have produced a ring of some type. My Grandmother said they would even use a cigar ring if needed. She would have realized immediately what had happened. I sped through it just to get to the end.
Deb
Jan 31, 2014 Deb added it
Another family member moves to America & instantly regrets not learning English when she ends up at a ranch instead of at her mother's boarding house! Thinking she was being made a citizen she signs papers & leaves with the young man who met her at the train station. HE doesn't speak Norweigan but sent for a mail order bride from Norway - when Augusta gets off the train he assumes she's the bride to be. Can you say Uff Da?!
Pegg
Excellent end to this series! Or is it? Lauraine Snelling completes the stories of the main characters while leaving the door wide open for several more books to follow.

Augusta Bjorklund comes to America to help her mother run the boarding house in Blessing. Against all the advice she gets, she refuses to learn English before she boards the ship. Once on America's shore, she realizes how large the country is - and how non-Norwegian. A mix-up with the trains lands her on a ranch in South Dakota,
Melissa Cook
Great Ending to a great series

I hated to see this series end! By the end of book one you're entranced by the Bjorklund family. by the end if book two you feel like a part of the family. By the end of the series, you're sad to say goodbye!
Midge
The last and the best of the series. Most of the book is about another Borkland sister coming to America but did not learn english first, she gets on the wrong train and ends up in the wrong town of Ipswich, SD where there is a man waiting for his mail-order bride. He thinking she is the bride, and she does not understand his intentions so goes with him to the judge thinking she is becoming a U S citizen and not realizing they are getting married. Meanwhile her Mom in Blessing wonders what has h ...more
Krissie
Augusta, wrong train, language problems
Heidi
One of my favorite in the Red River of the North series. As the author takes us from one location to another in the book, I almost want to skip chapters and find out what happens to the woman who finds out she has been mistaken for a mail order bride. She really should have learned the language before she tried to immigrate and join the rest of her family in America.
Melissa
Easy read. I have really enjoyed this series although this being the last I found myself wanting to know more about what happens to certain characters but was informed that the story continues with another series "Return to Red River" which I will be starting immediately.
Eveline Evans
this is book six in a series and although the main character's story line is easy to follow there is a lot of other people in the book that you have no idea who they are. I needed a character list at the front of the book to help explain what was going on.
Rebecca
Clean Christian romance. I loved this book. I thought the premise was cute with the girl not understanding the language and not realizing they were being married. I liked this much better than the others in the series.
Rebecca Cordova
This has been my least fave of the series as the story was a bit unbelievable...I know it is fiction but still. Decide for yourself if a mail order bride mix up can happen due to language barrier..(???)
SheLove2Read
Great book! Its the last (#6) in a series but I was able to follow along with no problems. I only wish more of the story had been dedicated to Augusta and Kane.
Connie
I enjoyed this book although it had a predictable ending. The characters have come ti life as I have been reading. Less mention of the initial immigrants. Good series!
Amy
This was a very good series. Even though it's long, I'm strangely wanting more.

I really like this one. No tears this time. I even found it to be a bit humorous.
Shirlyn
just another in the series I started and have to finish through, nice, simply story of survival and the founding of our states and country as the USA moves west
Amy
Enjoyed the book. Not one of my favorites. I think I have read it before awhile ago. This book hopped around in the story from character to character too much for me.
Dani
For me, this was one of the better books in the series. It had me quickly flipping pages to find out how the case of mistaken identity would be resolved.
Tammy
I especially liked this one in the series. It was very clever...and kept me on my toes to find out what would happen next.
Susan
I think if I had read the entire series instead of just this book I may have enjoyed it more. It was a nice read anyway.
Joanne
The most unique story in the series. I enjoyed it a lot and may have given it 5 stars but for the weak, abrupt ending.
Judy
I am sad this series is ended.. But there are sequel books.

Daughters of Blessing

and Return to Red River
Leigh Ann
This is the 6th and final book in a series I've been reading, and honestly it was the best of the set!
Naomi
I really enjoyed it, first time for this author.
Angela Ostrander
I love all her books. And have read many.
Southernbelle0326
Book 6 of 6
*love Lauraine Snelling!
Cws
JAR5-Sne
  • Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6)
  • The Rose Legacy (Diamond of the Rockies, #1)
  • Drums of Change: The Story of Running Fawn
  • Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)
  • Rivers of Gold (Yukon Quest, #3)
  • An Uncertain Dream (Postcards from Pullman #3)
  • A Promise for Tomorrow (Ribbons of Steel, #3)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • Whirlwind (Only in Gooding, #3)
  • In Too Deep (Kincaid Brides, #2)
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra
More about Lauraine Snelling...
Ruby (Dakotah Treasures, #1) Pearl (Dakotah Treasures, #2) An Untamed Land (Red River of the North, #1) A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing, #1) Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures, #4)

“Franklin can see you. How long has she been missing?” “Four days.” It felt like forever.” 0 likes