Start by marking “The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution: Create the Brain Chemistry of Health, Happiness, and Lasting Romance” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
John Gray, who celebrated gender differences in his groundbreaking book, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, and eleven other bestsellers, now turns to diet and exercise as a source of well-being and harmony. John Gray taught men and women how to embrace their differences to build strong, loving relationships. This practical guide reveals how diet, exercise, and commu ...more
Published March 4th 2003 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution

James Eastwood
Jan 19, 2012 James Eastwood rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
John Gray may know a thing or two about relationships (or he may not), but he doesn't know the first thing about diet and nutrition. This is a clear case of a self-help author trying to massage his claim to fame into a pseudo-scientific premise to sell more books. He has no credentials relating to dieting or exercise, and yet he claims in this book that all of the gender differences he pointed out in his previous books can be explained by neurotransmitter deficiencies, which can be managed throu ...more
brinson leigh
May 13, 2009 brinson leigh rated it liked it
I found this to be quite interesting, and perhaps helpful in understanding myself and my loved ones, especially Chris. Still, finding understanding in the heat of the moment is a different task altogether.

I think there are a lot of valid points about the connection between mental illness and diet, and many of Dr. Gray's findings echoed things I had discovered in my own body, it is always nice to have a professional tell you what you think you know to be true.

I recommend reading this, I had been
Teena in Toronto
Jul 05, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it did not like it
I'm not a fan of his at all. I find him condescending towards women (who are probably his target market). At one point, he says something about when a man walks into the house after a hard day of work, he just wants to relax for a while. His wife's instinct, though, is to rush at him and start nattering at him. Huh??? He's lucky he's not married to me or I'd have to kill him!!

I only read this book because he talks about the cleansing program I'm doing and loving! His exercise program is a joke (
Stephanie
Dec 11, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-and-garden
My question is there something can measure our brain chemistry daily?

1) Dopamine is the chemical that provides clarity, energy, and motivation.

2) Serotonin comfort, contentment andd optimism. the chemical that relaxes us note the body produces serotonin in the morning and for women to eat breakfast is very important.

3) Oxytocin is released when women (tending and befriending) produces a calming effect. Shopping in an unhurried manner is a good treat for women oxytocin and

4) Endorphins is the th
Tuesdi
Feb 28, 2008 Tuesdi rated it it was amazing
I came across this book after several months of reading about organic and all-natural foods and remedies for illnessess. I was on a quest and I really enjoyed reading this book which adresses the functions of the brain and the chemicals it makes. I found it's information very interesting and enlightening. Then I found it empowering because there were suggestions made that were do-able and effective!
Anissa C.
Jul 25, 2011 Anissa C. rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It may need some updating, but it reinforces the differences between men and women on a biological level and explains why, for example, women reap more benefits from working out early in the day rather than later. It discusses a lot on how to prevent hormonal fluctuations, etc.
Marci
Mar 14, 2010 Marci rated it really liked it
I am all about finding ways to boost my brain so that eating right and boosting metabolism is easy. I like that he has basically three steps to do and they are easy. I would have liked a little more detail in the ingredients and quantities of the ingredients.
Grandma Judy
Oct 12, 2008 Grandma Judy rated it it was amazing
This book has some surpringly good information in it for a healthy diet and lifestyle. I like the Breakfast Shake, the info about serotonin dopamine, and the Bounce & Shake exercise.
Susan
Dec 15, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: nutrition
I learned a lot about brain chemistry and how food plays a huge role in how our bodies balance that brain chemistry.
Tiffanie
Jul 08, 2008 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Lots of good information about stress and how it affects men and women differently.
Jennifer Boaz
Mar 04, 2013 Jennifer Boaz rated it it was ok
Just didn't find much in here, and thought he had no idea what he was talking about.
Muhammad Iqbal
Jun 03, 2012 Muhammad Iqbal rated it it was ok
Eeer... Herbalife?
Charles Wade
Charles Wade marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Rum
Rum added it
Jul 16, 2016
Kayla Lalaa
Kayla Lalaa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Michael Tuteur
Michael Tuteur marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Christopher Hurtado
Christopher Hurtado marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Niveen Abo Kalaf
Niveen Abo Kalaf rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Dawn Murrey
Dawn Murrey marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Darleth
Darleth marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Maureen
Maureen rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Mara-Elena Guta
Mara-Elena Guta rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Andrii Dzhaga
Andrii Dzhaga rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Bunny
Bunny marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Lisann
Lisann rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Violetta
Violetta marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Jenniffer J Klein
Jenniffer J Klein marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Sara Elnagar
Sara Elnagar marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
  • Honoring the Medicine: The Essential Guide to Native American Healing
  • Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
  • Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui
  • Advanced Aromatherapy: The Science of Essential Oil Therapy
  • The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide To The Curative Power Of Nature's Medicines
  • Folk Medicine
  • Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
  • Herbs (DK Handbooks)
  • Treat Your Own Neck
  • Richard Hittleman's Yoga: 28 Day Exercise Plan
  • The Green Pharmacy
  • From Fatigued to Fantastic!
  • Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • The Eat Right 4 Your Type the complete Blood Type Encyclopedia

John Gray is an American author on relationships and personal growth, best known for his 1992 book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, and other "pop psychology" books offering relationship advice.

He was previously married to fellow self-help author Barbara De Angelis, but they divorced in 1984. He is now m
More about John Gray...