The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution: Create the Brain Chemistry of Health, Happiness, and Lasting Romance

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  13 reviews
John Gray, who celebrated gender differences in his groundbreaking book, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, and eleven other bestsellers, now turns to diet and exercise as a source of well-being and harmony. John Gray taught men and women how to embrace their differences to build strong, loving relationships. This practical guide reveals how diet, exercise, and commu...more
Published March 4th 2003 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution

James Eastwood
John Gray may know a thing or two about relationships (or he may not), but he doesn't know the first thing about diet and nutrition. This is a clear case of a self-help author trying to massage his claim to fame into a pseudo-scientific premise to sell more books. He has no credentials relating to dieting or exercise, and yet he claims in this book that all of the gender differences he pointed out in his previous books can be explained by neurotransmitter deficiencies, which can be managed throu...more
brinson leigh
I found this to be quite interesting, and perhaps helpful in understanding myself and my loved ones, especially Chris. Still, finding understanding in the heat of the moment is a different task altogether.

I think there are a lot of valid points about the connection between mental illness and diet, and many of Dr. Gray's findings echoed things I had discovered in my own body, it is always nice to have a professional tell you what you think you know to be true.

I recommend reading this, I had been...more
Teena in Toronto
I'm not a fan of his at all. I find him condescending towards women (who are probably his target market). At one point, he says something about when a man walks into the house after a hard day of work, he just wants to relax for a while. His wife's instinct, though, is to rush at him and start nattering at him. Huh??? He's lucky he's not married to me or I'd have to kill him!!

I only read this book because he talks about the cleansing program I'm doing and loving! His exercise program is a joke (...more
Stephanie
My question is there something can measure our brain chemistry daily?

1) Dopamine is the chemical that provides clarity, energy, and motivation.

2) Serotonin comfort, contentment andd optimism. the chemical that relaxes us note the body produces serotonin in the morning and for women to eat breakfast is very important.

3) Oxytocin is released when women (tending and befriending) produces a calming effect. Shopping in an unhurried manner is a good treat for women oxytocin and

4) Endorphins is the th...more
Marion Listgarten
Didn't read it . entered in error
Tuesdi
I came across this book after several months of reading about organic and all-natural foods and remedies for illnessess. I was on a quest and I really enjoyed reading this book which adresses the functions of the brain and the chemicals it makes. I found it's information very interesting and enlightening. Then I found it empowering because there were suggestions made that were do-able and effective!
Anissa C.
I really liked this book. It may need some updating, but it reinforces the differences between men and women on a biological level and explains why, for example, women reap more benefits from working out early in the day rather than later. It discusses a lot on how to prevent hormonal fluctuations, etc.
Marci
I am all about finding ways to boost my brain so that eating right and boosting metabolism is easy. I like that he has basically three steps to do and they are easy. I would have liked a little more detail in the ingredients and quantities of the ingredients.
Grandma Judy
This book has some surpringly good information in it for a healthy diet and lifestyle. I like the Breakfast Shake, the info about serotonin dopamine, and the Bounce & Shake exercise.
Susan
I learned a lot about brain chemistry and how food plays a huge role in how our bodies balance that brain chemistry.
Tiffanie
Lots of good information about stress and how it affects men and women differently.
Jennifer Boaz
Just didn't find much in here, and thought he had no idea what he was talking about.
Muhammad Iqbal
Eeer... Herbalife?
Wanda Badger
Wanda Badger marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Muhammad
Muhammad marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Nicole Zarate
Nicole Zarate marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Oliver
Oliver marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Nour
Nour marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Yasmine Hassan
Yasmine Hassan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Fatima Trad
Fatima Trad marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Tammy
Tammy is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

John Gray is an American author on relationships and personal growth, best known for his 1992 book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, and other "pop psychology" books offering relationship advice.

He was previously married to fellow self-help author Barbara De Angelis, but they divorced in 1984. He is now m...more
More about John Gray...
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus الرجال من المريخ والنساء من الزهرة: كتاب الأيام 365 فكرة لإثراء علاقاتك Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship Mars and Venus in the Bedroom: A Guide to Lasting Romance and Passion How To Get What You Want And Want What You Have