Blank-133x176

Jean Merrill

Superlative Horse

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
School & Library Binding, 0 pages
Published June 28th 1963 by Addison-Wesley Pub Co (first published January 1st 1961)

Lynden Rodriguez
I cannot recall just what my age was when I first read this book; perhaps it was about sixth grade. I was enthralled with the search for the Superlative horse from the very first pages. It was also somewhat on my own search for just such a creature; for as Po Lo states, "A good horse can be picked out by its general build and appearance. But the superlative horse — one that raises no dust and leaves no tracks — is something evanescent and fleeting, elusive as thin air."

This book was suggested by...more
Bequi
This was one of my very favourite books as a kid, I dug around on the internet and found it so that I could read it to my kids.
NC
Beautifully illustrated folk tale from China. I liked its way of showing the importance of integrity.
Sam
Sam added it
Apr 16, 2014
Liberty Sage
Liberty Sage marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Lauren
Lauren added it
Mar 19, 2012
Tony Derricott
Tony Derricott marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Kivette
Kivette marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2010
The Pushcart War The Toothpaste Millionaire The Elephant Who Liked To Smash Small Cars The Girl Who Loved Caterpillars The Black Sheep