Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)

Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Serena Jasper is a young professional woman on her way up the corporate ladder in a large advertising firm. She's always been close to her mother, especially since the death of her father. But when Serena learns of a devastating family secret, she feels betrayed by the one she trusted most. As she questions how someone as devout as her mother could have lied to her for yea...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Revell (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Speak to My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speak to My Heart

PHYLLIS HAMPTON
Feb 20, 2008 PHYLLIS HAMPTON rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: have-read
book #1 of a series
Why is it that when life seems to be perfect and everything is going well, out of the blue something happens to knock you for a loop? This is exactly what happens to Serena Jasper. The night she learns she has been accepted into a prestigious university, her mother delivers some devastating news which drastically changes everything Serena has believed about her life. This news affects Serena so much, she no longer has faith in anyone, including God and especially her mother. U...more
Michelle
Oct 15, 2007 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I read this novel in a few days. It has a different feel than most of the AA Christian fiction I've read, but I liked it. Serena is anything but serene for a good portion of the book because she can't seem to get past what happened in her immediate family. In some ways I understood that and in others I didn't. But overall it made for a believable conflict for the main character. And when she finally listened to her mother the reasoning her mother gave made sense. I found it very believable.

It wo...more
Lori Henrich
Serena has been struggling with the results of a family secret for along time. It has affected every area of her life. Her witness to her roommate has suffered since she can't seem to get past the pain and be close once again with her mom. Because of their separation, Serena's mom hasn't been able to share what is going on in her life. The only thing that seems to be going her way is her job. She was just offered a big promotion at work, and all her time is being spent on the campaign to win a n...more
Latanya
I truly loved this beautiful story! The characters were real-life believable characters. The message of hope, love, forgiveness, and redemption was a powerful ministry-woven experience! My heart broke for Erika...I pray that she wakes up and realizes how deadly her relationship is with Elliott. I am looking forward to the next book "nothing but the right thing." Thanks again Stacy Hawkins Adams for being led by the power of the Holy Spirit!
Mesha
This book was one of my favorite books that I've read. At first, I was upset with one of the characters in the beginning, but as you read on it explains the reasons behind a situation that happened in the book and left you guessing with every chapter. At one point it had me in tears, but I'm not going to spoil anything by telling what happens in the book... It is a very good book though.
Mrsdana
It was a really good book about getting back to God and learning to listen to Him. Serena had self-discovery along the way, stepped out of the comfort zone, and met some nice people who gave her good advice.
Latoya
This was a really good read and very timely for my current situation. It was very encouraging and I was able to relate to many of Serena's thoughts and actions.
Amy
This is a sweet story of coming to terms with family issues and letting love into your life. It is a christian romance novel, so it is clean and cute.
Lee
I enjoyed the lessons in Stacy's books. They really make me think about my life and help me to see what is really important.
Tiffany Rice
I quite enjoyed this book. Nice light, uplifting read that I read in a few hours.
Monique
Good book. It has a good message; don't wait until it's too late or almost.
Sarita
This is an awesome book about listening to God and forgiveness!
Katrelle
I don't remember
Emily Browne
Emily Browne is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2014
Gloriawhite18yahoo.com
Gloriawhite18yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Flo Miller
Flo Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Christina Hatten
Christina Hatten marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Lori Russie Judkins
Lori Russie Judkins marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Ronald Lashawn
Ronald Lashawn marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
San
San marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Kymie
Kymie marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Stacy Hawkins Adams is an award-winning inspirational women's fiction and nonfiction author, columnist columnist and speaker.

In her eight novels, she weaves contemporary women's issues, social issues and matters of faith into creative plots that leave you rooting for some characters and furious with others. You'll put down one of her books feeling like you've left behind a friend.

Her most recent...more
More about Stacy Hawkins Adams...
The Someday List Worth a Thousand Words (Jubilant Soul #2) Dreams That Won't Let Go (Jubilant Soul #3) Watercolored Pearls (Spirit and Soul #3) Coming Home (Winds Of Change #1)