Start by marking “Nine Months in August” as Want to Read:
Nine Months in August

Nine Months in August

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Warm, witty, and superbly insightful, Bourgoins engaging and beautifully written debut novel captures the joys, fears, and surprises of one womans passage to motherhood.
Published June 1st 2007 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Nine Months in August, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nine Months in August

I really enjoyed this story of a pregnant woman's first-time journey through pregnancy and childbirth. Although, I do not have the personal knowledge or experience, I could empathize with the main character, Gretchen. This book reads like chick lit and is a quick and fun read. I would recommend it, especially to anyone who is pregnant!
Kelly
Nov 06, 2007 Kelly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the sex-in-the-city-crowd
We'll see if I like it... perhaps. Interesting age relevant idea: A woman who is struggling with if she wants to enter babydom or not, but she is really intent on showing that she is cool and liberal in the first few pages... if I can get past that I might like the book .

Nina
More like 2.5 stars...it was an okay chicklit-mom-to-be quick read. Maybe because of the writing style or b/c the main character was too much like a pregnant Bridget Jones, I never was able to empathize with the main character (even being preggers myself).
Judette
Okay, when you're pregnant any fictional books that do not require major thinking are automatic classics. This was a great read, it touched on friendships, miscarriages, love, lost love, etc. Cool chick lit if you are into them.
Courtney
I read this story while I was pregnant, and found myself wondering if I would end up like this character! Entertaining story, but not fantastic.
Susie
Cute chick-lit book, easy read. Some parts were hard to follow, however, and hard to get a good grasp on who the main character really was.
Melissa
This is a fun, light read. I had quite a few LOL moments. And since I'm a mother of a small child, I can relate to the story.
Jason Golomb
A wonderful read for anyone that has kids or is about to. It's deep, funny, touching and poignant.
Andrea Vrtikapa
Laugh out loud funny account of one woman's journey through pregnancy.
Kristine
A friend wrote this. Extremely semi-autobiographical so that is extra fun.
Leslie
Jul 10, 2007 Leslie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: pregnant ladies
Shelves: pregnancyreads
A fun read - I had many connections to the wacky inner-monologue of Gretchen.
Melissa
Very accurate look at pregnancy and sometimes very hilarious.
Lu
Feb 22, 2010 Lu marked it as to-read
Shelves: life
Is now perfect time to have a baby??
Leigh
really cute
Dhana
Dhana marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Natalie
Natalie is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jolyn
Jolyn added it
Feb 26, 2014
Sarah Traugott
Sarah Traugott marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Kris
Kris added it
May 21, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013