Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)

The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower #8)

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  1,170 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
THE GHOULISH GRANNY

Four of Japan’s most gorgeous guys have the near-impossible task of turning goth-loner Sunako into a lady. When they find Sunako all dressed up and ready for a night on the town, the guys think their luck may have finally changed. Hoping to catch a glimpse of Sunako’s date, the quartet follow her out the door. But instead of a handsome young prince, they
Published July 4th 2006 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 8

Holly Letson
Oh, Sunako....you are such an enjoyable character!!

In this volume, Granny speaks of closing her museum, and giving Sunako all her creepy stuff. But, the boys won't hear of this. So, they cater to all Granny's wishes to keep it from happening. The fishing competition was awesome. In the end, Granny keeps all her stuff, anyway.

Later, we find Sunako trying to dig up bodies under Sakura trees at a blossom viewing. She gets everyone there all revved up to change their lives, but they still abandon
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Christyn
The Wallflower, vol. 8 was another fun addition to the series. Okay, so being honest there isn’t much development in regards to plot or anything but it’s still a really fun series! This volume has four chapters + a very short bonus chapter. Each chapter is like a mini story - none of the chapters in this particular volume are connected (at least as far as I can tell) so can be each read as it’s own individual story.

This volume starts off with a short “bonus chapter” titled ‘Ranmaru’s Fabulous
Nick
Apr 09, 2008 Nick rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Yue
The things that bothered me in the past volumes may still be in this volume... and it will always be. However, I finished watching the anime, and I like the characters so much, especially Sunako, one of the best female characters in shoujo IMO. She is hilarious, she never cries or sulk or get depressed, or care about what other people think of her. She is crazy, weird, creepy, independent.

And the boys... I think I love them more than I like the boys in OHSHC. I always laugh when Yuki cries becau
Miss
Oct 06, 2014 Miss rated it liked it
some unkind person ripped out random pages throughout this volume and i hope they stub their toe daily for at least a month

that said, wow it has been a long time since i read wallflower! like i'm pretty sure the last time i bought a volume was in high school? dang. happily it's even funnier than i used to find it mostly because i remember that high school me agreed fervently with the manga's assessment that these guys are hot and now. lulz. lulz everywhere. they're a touch too standard shoujo to
Yukino
May 18, 2012 Yukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2009, manga
PRIMO

E già...è il primo volume che mi piace poco..a parte l'episodio inziale che ha provocato in me le solite risate..anhe se poche..il resto è scivolato via senza dirmi nulla..

Questo mi preoccupa un pò..non vorrei che fosse l'inizio della decadenza...perchè mi dispiacerebbe troppo...era così divertente! non aspettavo altro che questo manga ogni mese per godermi le avventure strampalate di Sunako e Co.!

Anche perchè ho scoperto che son circa 23/24 volumi in totale..e non siamo neanche a metà!

Sper
Lina
Jan 28, 2008 Lina rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I haven't read The Wallflower in two years, until I happened to pick this book up at the library. But immediately, I was reminded of how much I loved reading this series and how hilarious it is.
Sunako-chan is really funny. She's shown in chibi version 90% of the time and I think that makes it all the more "laughable". ^_^
In this volume, the "bishonen boys group" and Sunako visit a graveyard where Sunako goes about in a rampage, determined to dig up a few corpses. ^.^
Jeffrey
Dec 09, 2013 Jeffrey rated it liked it
I keep chugging along on this one. This volume features some entertaining bits that are mostly pretty conventional, aside from Sunako's involvement. Though it does have an entertaining take on a Golden Week arc where, instead of the usual vacation beach etc arc, Sunako decides the best thing to do is hide in her room while the guys attempt to make some money.
Luna
Oct 25, 2016 Luna rated it really liked it
Overall series review (mostly) 4 Stars - so far, I’ve still got a few to go…
Additional: Like most long running series there are some duff chapters/volumes

See: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Lauren
Dec 20, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Kala
Jul 14, 2015 Kala rated it it was ok
Kristine Hansen
Dec 19, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I feel like this story perpetually stays in the same place. Not that it isn't fun to read, it just never goes anywhere.
Jenny
Nov 24, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing

Hahahahha!!! Reading Mangga Marathon!!!!
Rachel
Dec 21, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Rather randomly odd as usual... I'm growing much more distant from this series, but... I'll probably keep reading anyway!
Jamie's Sassenach
Jamie's Sassenach rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Karlai Tabimina
Karlai Tabimina rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Yewhal
Yewhal rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2010
Carrie Puckette
Carrie Puckette rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Tess
Tess rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2009
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
Bry
Bry rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2009
*Tidi*
*Tidi* rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2009
Anastazia
Anastazia rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Jasmine Holmes
Jasmine Holmes rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Shiela Clarisse
Shiela Clarisse rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2011
  • Special A, Vol. 6 (Special A, #6)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 9] (Faster than a Kiss #9)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 5
  • W Juliet, Vol. 2
  • Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Volumes 1  2
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 03
  • The One, Volume #8
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)