Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)

The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower #8)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  936 ratings  ·  11 reviews
THE GHOULISH GRANNY

Four of Japan’s most gorgeous guys have the near-impossible task of turning goth-loner Sunako into a lady. When they find Sunako all dressed up and ready for a night on the town, the guys think their luck may have finally changed. Hoping to catch a glimpse of Sunako’s date, the quartet follow her out the door. But instead of a handsome young prince, they
Published July 4th 2006 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 8

Miss
some unkind person ripped out random pages throughout this volume and i hope they stub their toe daily for at least a month

that said, wow it has been a long time since i read wallflower! like i'm pretty sure the last time i bought a volume was in high school? dang. happily it's even funnier than i used to find it mostly because i remember that high school me agreed fervently with the manga's assessment that these guys are hot and now. lulz. lulz everywhere. they're a touch too standard shoujo to
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The things that bothered me in the past volumes may still be in this volume... and it will always be. However, I finished watching the anime, and I like the characters so much, especially Sunako, one of the best female characters in shoujo IMO. She is hilarious, she never cries or sulk or get depressed, or care about what other people think of her. She is crazy, weird, creepy, independent.

And the boys... I think I love them more than I like the boys in OHSHC. I always laugh when Yuki cries becau
Yukino
PRIMO

E già...è il primo volume che mi piace poco..a parte l'episodio inziale che ha provocato in me le solite risate..anhe se poche..il resto è scivolato via senza dirmi nulla..

Questo mi preoccupa un pò..non vorrei che fosse l'inizio della decadenza...perchè mi dispiacerebbe troppo...era così divertente! non aspettavo altro che questo manga ogni mese per godermi le avventure strampalate di Sunako e Co.!

Anche perchè ho scoperto che son circa 23/24 volumi in totale..e non siamo neanche a metà!

Sper
Whereis
Nice volume. Oda has an arc devoted to his growth, but other than that it's just a couple of Wallflower's trademark randomness.
Lina
Jan 28, 2008 Lina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I haven't read The Wallflower in two years, until I happened to pick this book up at the library. But immediately, I was reminded of how much I loved reading this series and how hilarious it is.
Sunako-chan is really funny. She's shown in chibi version 90% of the time and I think that makes it all the more "laughable". ^_^
In this volume, the "bishonen boys group" and Sunako visit a graveyard where Sunako goes about in a rampage, determined to dig up a few corpses. ^.^
Jeffrey
I keep chugging along on this one. This volume features some entertaining bits that are mostly pretty conventional, aside from Sunako's involvement. Though it does have an entertaining take on a Golden Week arc where, instead of the usual vacation beach etc arc, Sunako decides the best thing to do is hide in her room while the guys attempt to make some money.
Kristine Pratt
I feel like this story perpetually stays in the same place. Not that it isn't fun to read, it just never goes anywhere.
Rachel
Rather randomly odd as usual... I'm growing much more distant from this series, but... I'll probably keep reading anyway!
Lea
this is great,,,,,,,,,,,very funny and lovable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jenny

Hahahahha!!! Reading Mangga Marathon!!!!
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Kriska Gaitano
Kriska Gaitano marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18 (Ouran High School Host Club, #18)
  • Faster than a Kiss 09
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 13
  • Special A, Vol. 11 (Special A, #11)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 07
  • Mars, Volume 06
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2) The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)