Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood, #5)

Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  2,935 ratings  ·  99 reviews
There are some things that a group of gracious ladies just can't overlook?and doing one of their friends dirty is at the top of the list. That's the mission of the Sisterhood, seven women who would do anything to help out one of their clan, especially when it means righting a wrong. And Isabelle Flanders has definitely been done wrong.

Her former colleague, the conniving Ro...more
Audio CD, 6 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 1st 2006)

Heather  * lost in her own world*
Sisterhood #5

Isabelle's name was drawn at the end of the last book now it is time for her revenge. Isabelle was an architect heading to a client when her right hand gal/collleague, Rosemary, ran a stop sign killing three people. With Isabelle knocked out Rosemary blamed the accident on Isabelle and accused her of stealing her (Rosemary's) design. After the courts and lawyers got through with Isabelle she was broke, lost her firm, house, carrer, her engament to Bobby...basically everything she wo...more
Kathy
Hirit

Hirit Beyene
Evaluating book reviews

The book I’m reviewing today is Sweet Revenge by Fern Michaels it’s a Fiction story. Michael’s main theme in the sweet revenge there are some thing that a group of gracious ladies just can’t over look & doing one of their friends dirty is at the top of the list.
The book is about a seven women who would do every thing to help out one of their clan, especially when it means righting a wrong. This is one of the books in the sweet revenge. I really enjoyed r...more
Sandie
Revenge is a common theme in literature, drama, and other arts, popular because the desire for revenge is an easily understood emotion. In many of these works, tragedy is compounded when the person seeking revenge realizes he has become what he wished to destroy. However, in Fern Michaels SWEET REVENGE the execution and fulfillment of the revenge scenario is depicted as satisfying and cathartic.

If emotional detachment and planning are the best means by which to exact one’s “pound of flesh” then...more
Kathy Davie

Fifth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series about a group of women seeking satisfaction from a flawed legal system.

The Story
It's Isabella's turn and she wants vindication for what her employee, Rosemary Hershey, did framing her for the car accident that killed a family and stealing Isabelle's designs. Charles has it all planned. Bringing Isabelle back on top and making her appear to be in high demand. Then the bait in the trap. After purchasing the Barrington farm, Myra gets a Kentucky Der...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Synopsis: The fifth in the Revenge of the Sisterhood series Isabelle Flanders had everything: her own architectural firm, her fiance Bobby Harcourt, a life she deserved. Until Rosemary Hershey came and stole it all. Took her reputation, her clients, her man, and even framed her for drunk driving ? killing three innocent people in the process. The loyal Sisterhood agree: Rosemary has to be punished, along with the conniving Bobby. Isabelle has learned to endure, running, hiking, pushing her body...more
J. Ewbank
Though I am not a "sister" I really enjoyed this book by Fern Michaels. This is the first of the five Revenge of the Sisterhood series and I will start looking for the others. The plot is certainly interesting and the by-play between the characters is well done. I enjoyed it.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Carol
The fifth in the Revenge of the Sisterhood series Isabelle Flanders had everything: her own architectural firm, her fiance Bobby Harcourt, a life she deserved. Until Rosemary Hershey came and stole it all. Took her reputation, her clients, her man, and even framed her for drunk driving ? killing three innocent people in the process. The loyal Sisterhood agree: Rosemary has to be punished, along with the conniving Bobby. Isabelle has learned to endure, running, hiking, pushing her body to its lim...more
Erin Bell
My best friend's mom got me started on this series with the first five books. This is a series of 20 books that lead you on the adventures of several women seeking revenge for crimes the court system couldn't or wouldn't provide well deserved justice. They have the financial backing and resources to formulate well thought out plans and see them through to complete them. Each mission takes on new danger and suspense and the lines between legally right and morally right become blurred. Even those...more
Mindy
Isabelle's turn for revenge on Rosemary Hershey. Rosemary was driving the car that ran a stop sign and killed a family. Isabelle was in the passenger seat but in the aftermath of the accident Rosemary said Isabelle was driving. Rosemary also contrived to steal Isabelle's business, fiance and win a law suit naming Isabelle. The plan for justice was more crafty than violent this time. The gold shields are still lurking waiting to settle the score with Jack and Ted. Jack is able to bale the women o...more
Becky
The Sisterhood is working at getting some sweet revenge for one of their own, Isabelle Flanders. Her former colleague Rosemary ruined Isabelle's career, standing in the architecture's community and stole her fiance. Now it's payback and the sisterhood is going after Rosemary.
I really liked this book but didn't do my homework ahead of time and didn't realize it was book 5 of a series. So I was lost for the first few chapters. But Fern Michaels did an excellent job of character and story descripti...more
Sharon
Totally different than my usual genre. I struggled between 2 and 3 stars. I ended with 3 stars because the book reminded me of my childhood days and my devotion to Charley's Angels TV series. As with the TV show, the story is completely implausible. The author did do a good job of creating the characters, as silly as they are. She also demonstrated imagination and descriptive writing skills. Again, I doubt I would have endured the book had it not had an element of sentimentality. I must have bee...more
Arlene
The Sisterhood series by Fern Michaels are very entertaining, quick reads. The characters are likeable, unique women who you envision to be your neighbors. The stories move at a nice pace and although you know that justice will prevail at the end, Michaels always throws in a couple of twists and turns in to keep you engaged.

One is not left with deep philosophical ponderings after reading these books. Instead, they make you feel like you have had a nice "catch up" visit with a friend and they ma...more
Sharon Watkins
I love this series! This book is AWESOME!
Jodi
Beth Pearson
In all fairness, I didn't really read this book. I only got to page 67. That was enough for me to figure out this was a later book in a series and there was a lot of back story that I didn't know. That, combined with multiple swear words made it hard for me to enjoy so I decided to just skip it all together. So, its off my "paperbacks to read" shelf (in my house, not on Goodreads!) and I'm on to something else.
Jeanette
Not bad, but not great. A little too much going on and not enough focus on the selected mission. A little disappointed in the way this one ended. This mission was for Isabelle who lost everything when her employee framed her for an auto accident which killed a family of three. To add insult to injury, the employee, Rosemary, also stole her fiance' and married him.
Beth
I bought this book for 50 cents and that is what it was worth. It's a good read for the beach or river since you won't care if it gets wet or lost. The storyline is fine, but the writing is so terrible. The author uses the "F" word, but won't use the "S" word. She calls it the "brown stuff." It's actually rather funny in a way, but I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be!
Leedra
This was my first Sisterhood book. I know I should not have started with anything but book 1. I checked from the library and was not aware it was a series. I have liked all the previous Fern Michaels books, but did not like this one. I almost put it down without completing, but did read to the end.

Won't be reading any of the other Sisterhood series.
Wanda
I really liked the first few books. They were hard to put down. This was good and in places it was hard to put down. I was a little disappointed by the ending. I will continue to read the serious because I am curious to see what happens when the sisterhood finds out who else is helping them as well as what will happen when they get caught.

Arlene
This is the 5th book in the Sisterhood series! A group of women out to get revenge for the wrong done to them. Isabelle Flanders is an architect and one of her employees stole her designs and then got in a car accident killing a family and putting the blame on Isabelle. The book is filled with suspense, some comedy, a little romance. Its a great book!
Darlene Ferland
This book in the series really caught my attention. I just was a little surprised at the revenge metered out because I was thinking about the previous books. That didn't matter because Ms. Michaels had me from page one. The story places the reader in the middle of the actions while you feel like these people are family. . . Book 6 here I come. . .
Beth
What I liked about this book was they helped others instead of it being all about revenge (although I do enjoy the revenge) A little boy lost his sistera nd parents from this situation and was living with an elderly grandmother. Though nothing will bring his family back, he and his grandmother's future will be secured thanks to the Sisterhood.
Marsha
The Ladies of Pinewood are again out to avenge one of their members. This time the gang is out to trap an architect who not only stole drawings from her previously employer but also framed her as the responsible party in a deadly car accident.

Once again Fern Michaels spin a fun plot using the flaws of the target to con her, Good fun.
Hannah
I LOVED this book! I was at the gym and needed something to read and the caregiver for the childrens room had this sitting on her entertainment stand. So I picked it up and could hardly put it down. I was a bit dissapointed at the end of the book. But it deffinitly made me want to read more of this series.
Carol  MacInnis
The Sisterhood's next mission focuses on Isabelle Flanders and the terrible wrong that was inflicted upon her. She was wrongfully charged with an accident saying she was DUI as well as her friend/colleague, Rosemary, has stolen her husband and taken away her firm. Now it is time for 'Sweet Revenge'!
Jintana
ตอนที่ 5 ในซีรีส์ Sisterhood เล่มนี้เป็นการแก้แค้นของ Isabelle สถาปนิกที่ถูกลูกน้องหักหลังป้ายความผิดกรณีขับรถขณะมึนเมาเป็นเหตุให้เกิดอุบัติเหตุและมีคนตาย ทำให้ถูกยึดใบอนุญาตไม่สามารถทำงานในอาชีพได้อีกและเกือบต้องติดคุกแถมยังถูกแย่งคู่หมั้นอีกต่างหาก (ชีวิตรันทดสุด ๆ )

Alison
Fifth in the Revenge of the Sisterhood series. These women are smart, cunning, careful and know what they're doing. Although they take the law into their hands when the judicial system fails them as it has, at the end of the book you can't help but say "yes".
Janet
Jeez these books are stupid. Poor plot, poorly drawn characters, unbelievable deus ex machina to save the day. These are only palatable if you’ve just broken up with your boyfriend, hate men in general, and don’t mind wooden prose and stilted dialog.
  • Always Dakota (Dakota, #3)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Haunted
  • Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)
  • Ashes of Roses (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #4)
  • Charlotte: Pride & Prejudice Continues
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)