Start by marking “Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)

Vendetta (Sisterhood #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  3,934 ratings  ·  152 reviews
Once upon a time there were seven very different women who had been broken but not beaten by life. In those tough days of healing, they became the Sisterhood, a group of devoted friends who vowed to change their lives, empower themselves, and be there for each other, no matter what. Now, they’re ready to answer the call for the woman who started it all, Myra Rutledge.

Five
Audio CD, 6 pages
Published January 3rd 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vendetta

Lisa Roberts
When I first starting reading this book, I thought it was a cheesy story but as I kept reading I realized that this was part of a series of books. The premise behind the books is a group of women called the Sisterhood that spend their time putting together very elaborate ways of seeking revenge on the people who have done wrong by them or ruined their lives in some way.

This particular book was about seeking revenge for Myra (whose name was chosen next from a shoebox). Myra's daughter Barbara and
Harmonie
These books are stupid. I have no idea how Fern Michaels got so popular.
Kimberly Dull
I really disliked this book. I haven't read any others in this series, so I don't know whether I just got a bad one, but I don't think I'll be reading any more of them. It felt like it was written by someone in high school.

Everything was just too convenient. They always had exactly what they needed.

I thought the dialog was utterly ridiculous; add this to the silly metaphors, and I found myself rolling my eyes A LOT.

And the revenge was also ridiculous and overly nasty. I didn't like any of the
Linda
These Sisterhood books are easy, quick reads. My stomach still turns at the gruesome vengeance tactics used by the "sisters" but somehow I keep on turning the pages!
Kathy Davie
Third in the Sisterhood suspense series which is focused on righting the wrongs done each of the seven women.

The Story
It's Myra's turn for justice and Charles and the Sisterhood plot to kidnap John Chai, the diplomat's playboy son who ran Barbara down, from Hong Kong. The ladies aren't into killing anyone and, I must say, they do find a particularly nasty way of punishing Mr. Chai that is very much in keeping with his vanity and his and his father's viewpoints.

The Characters
I like the ladies for
Tabby Kat
It isn't easy to root for the vindictive women in Michaels's Revenge of the Sisterhood series. Sure, they're loyal and fearless, and they look good in eveningwear ("We're stunning," lawyer Nikki says. "We sizzle and we look sensual"). But in this third installment of the payback saga, the six women commit a morally repugnant act likely to leave readers cold. Myra and her longtime lover, retired MI6 agent Charles, finally discover the whereabouts of John Chai, the man who killed their daughter in ...more
Diane
I didn't realize this was part of a series but it does stand alone. The Sisterhood is a group of women and Charles Marten who right wrongs under the radar of law enforcement. Some of their activities especially with Charles's background in MI6 are not exactly above board but they help those that have been unjustly treatment by the law.

Five years ago Myra's daughter who was pregnant was run down by a hit and run driver. The hit and run driver was covered under diplomatic immunity and left the cou
Michelle
Honestly, after reading some reviews and seeing all the hype over how supposedly violent the women are in this book, I was rather disappointed that punishment for murder was caning and that was it. One violent scene. One. Caning.

The overall story was okay. I feel like the conversations in these books are not very, mature. I mean, Myra is supposed to be old enough to have grown daughters and yet much of the time the way she speaks is like some naive 20 year old. She goes on and on about how exci
Karen
The saga of the sisterhood feces on. Can't wait to start #4 The Jury. Happy reading to me!!
Linda
Sometime I wonder why I am reading this series. I thought it went a bit to far with the caning. I understand wanting revenge but think there could be a better way to do it. I did like what happened at the end with the mirror. Still I want to read the rest of these books.
Philip
Was not a bad book; Once I found out what the story line was I really wanted to find out what was going to happen next. It is about a mother seeking revenge for the death of her daughter and unborn grandchild. The Sisterhood is seven women with different background; Myra-has money; Nikki-legal abilities; Kathryn- eighteen wheeler; Alexis-red bag of tricks; Julia-surgical skills; Isabelle-architectural expertise and Yoko-Eastern philosophies. You can't leave out Murphy who is Kathryn's dog. Also, ...more
Heather  *enjoying summer reading*
Sisterhood #3

The Sisterhood strikes again and it's Myra's turn for vengence. Plenty of things happen in this book. A trip to China, extracting Barbara's killer, punishing said killer, and returning him to China all the while having Jack Emery come close to figuring them out. And that is the book in a really quick nut shell.

I only gave 3 stars to this because I debated between 3 and 4 so I will settle on 3.5 stars. It was a complex plot and the charactes were great but I don't know I just didn't
Chris
Marilu
Up until a few days ago, I had never read anything written by Fern Michaels.
You know, how you recognize an authors name and just avoid the book altogether? That was what I had been doing when shopping for books. If I book had Fern Michaels' name on it, I avoided it!! I had a friend tell me years ago that she wrote the type of really fluffy and mushy stuff that I do not enjoy reading.
I have now come to the conclusion that either my friend was thinking of a different author, or she really had n
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Synopsis: They Can Run, But They Can't Hide From The Sisterhood. Once upon a time there were seven very different women who had been broken but not beaten by life. In those tough days of healing, they became the Sisterhood, a group of devoted friends who vowed to change their lives, empower themselves, and be there for each other, no matter what. Now, they're ready to answer the call for the woman who started it all, Myra Rutledge.

Five years ago, Myra's pregnant daughter was killed by a hit-and
Tara Chevrestt
BER
Enjoyable

It took a bit for me to get into this story and it's characters. This was my first Fern Michael's and Sisterhood book so I am late coming to the party. But it was an enjoyable read, enough so that I purchased two more books to catch up to this series. The premise is kind of fun and empowering. Kind of a gee if we could only ...and sit back and see what happens.
Josie
Okay, so I've read the first two in the series pretty quickly but have to admit this book was a little harder to stomach. The women don't really have much depth to them and to see them deal the physical punishment in this one I lost a little bit more respect and interest in them. I might take a break from this series for a bit, but will still return.
Faye Thompson
I had never read Fern Michaels. I think I might have picked the wrong book to start with, perhaps if I would have started with the 1st Sisterhood book I would have more understanding of the ladies. I had a problem with what they did to Myra's choice but then again I didn't experience what she had gone through.
Sharon
I'm glad I found this series. I have read three book in three days. The Sisterhood goes after the people who have hurt them or ruined their lives. This time it is Myra's turn and the women work together to get revenge for Myra. I highly recommend this series. The sisters, of the Sisterhood, are women you won't forget!
Jintana
เลมที 3 ของชุด Sisterhood เรืองนีเปนการแกแคนของเจาของไอเดียและผูใหการสนับสนุนดานการเงิน Myra มหาเศรษฐีนีทีลูกสาวคนเดียวของเธอถูกรถของลูกฑูตจีนชนตายพรอมลูกในทองแตไมสามารถดำเนินคดีไดเนืองจากติดกฎหมายขอความคุมครองทางการฑูต ดังนัน Sisterhood จึงตองไปปฏิบัติการตางแดนถึงฮองกงโดยไดรับความรวมมือจากเพือนเกาของ Charles

ไมเหนดวยอยางมากกับวิธีการแกเคนในครังนีเลยคะ ออกจะโหดรายทารุณมากไปหนอย จริงอยูคนเราควรตองรับผลของการกระทำแตบางทีวิธีการกไมนาจะตองถึงกับทารุณกรรม อีกทังผูกระทำผิดกไมไดมีเจตนาจะฆาลูกของเธอ แตด
Denise Esh
Keep them coming! I've purchased or borrowed every book from this series and was soooo upset to find out that the next book won't be out until June 2015. That will be months of waiting but for now, I'm only 3 books in and I know I'm addicted. Can't wait to see what else she has planned.
Katie Q
I am addicted to this series. Rarely do I go back to back on a book series but these are so easy to read I cannot help myself. They are not overly well written but not bad either. This installment was just a little gruesome and the characters started to develop a little more. On to the next one me thinks.
Erin Bell
My best friend's mom got me started on this series with the first five books. This is a series of 20 books that lead you on the adventures of several women seeking revenge for crimes the court system couldn't or wouldn't provide well deserved justice. They have the financial backing and resources to formulate well thought out plans and see them through to complete them. Each mission takes on new danger and suspense and the lines between legally right and morally right become blurred. Even those ...more
Alison
I learned it pays to have close friends who have unique skills! A group of women form the Sisterhood and it's best not to have them as enemies. When one of them is wronged, the Sisterhood rights the wrong, even if it's outside of the law. Although I enjoyed the book, and will read the series, it's not believable that a group of women with just the right skills can come together and take the law into its own hands. I also found it a little distasteful of the means justifying the ends. Having said ...more
Patricia Cross
book three in a series-Vendetta

The best part about these books is the fact that you can read the books individually or out of order and they still make sense and tell a story without a lengthy review to catch you up.
Sally
The Sisterhood is back for their next mission and this time it is Myra's turn to right the wrong done to her. It won't be easy to make the man responsible for Myra's daughters death pay since he is in China but a little thing like that won't stop the Sisterhood when they put their minds to it.
Tiffany
Carol
SECOND READ: Have been having fun re-reading some of this series. First time was about 6 years ago before our accident. This has been fun re-reading them again. Fern Michael's is an excellent writer and it makes for a very enjoyable read. This story has been very good. Recommend. Need to find the ones I haven't read and finish those. Yea!

FIRST READ: I Love the "Sisterhood" series. I've read them all but one, and can't find it...don't know the name, so am still looking and trying to figure it out
Jon Abbott
The premise if fine; the writing is so-so and requires a fair amount of willing suspension of disbelief.. Suitable only for the beach. But ... I read it quickly and to the end.
  • Always Dakota (Dakota, #3)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • The Real Mother
  • Superstition
  • Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)
  • Hot Flash Holidays
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • After the Fire
  • Dragonfly Creek (Firefly Hollow)
  • Married to a Stranger
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11) (Rules of the Game, #4)
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5) Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)

“This was her special time, this early part of the day when the sun was just about to creep over the horizon. It was a brand new day in which anything could happen.” 15 likes