The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 3 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #3)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 3 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The SOS Brigade gets browbeaten into entering a baseball tournament to help their fearless leader stave off boredom. But despite the Brigade's clear lack of skill Haruhi has no intention of losing...and she's ready to pitch a fit if her team doesn't step up to the plate!
Published June 9th 2009 by Yen Press (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 3

Joy
Like the anime, this was adapted from the original light novels. I think I prefer the anime version; the voice actors add a lot to the series (especially Kyon's narration), and the character designs are a bit better (particularly Koizumi). Still, this was a fairly pleasant diversion. I was familiar with one of the episodes from the anime series, but the new-to-me episode was pretty funny in how it tied back with earlier events in the series.
Rachelvalle
* EVERYONE YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO!!!

HAY EVERYONE HUMAN!!! Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. III by Nagaru Tanigawa WAS EVEN AWSOMER!!!
I LOVED THE BASEBALL TOURNAMENT PART, IT WAS SO AWSOME HOW THERE ALEAN POWERS WORK ON ONE BAT BY THE POWER OF YUKI NAGATO TO HAVE THERE BAT HIT THE BASKET BALLS BY ITSELF.

IN THE BEGINING THEY WERE WINING THEN LOOSING BUT AT THE END THEY WON BY THE MAGICA POWER OF NAGATO HELP WITH THERE BAT AND SUZUMIYA WAS BRIGHTLY HAPPY AS A BASEBALL PLAY...more
Emmy Lou
I had already seen the baseball tournament thanks to the anime, but the majority of this volume was not included in the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" anime. YAY!
I also like the reference to Tanabata, my favorite Japanese festival/holiday thing. The story of Orihime and Hikoboshi has always interested me.
Haruhisuzumiya
Ruth
This volume included the Bamboo Rhapsody chapters, some of my favorite parts of the series thus far. It still lacks the magic of the anime adaptation, but some of the charm still lingers.
Hachton
uhh.........it was interesting, I mean you can't have an opinion about this... really its so scientific that its the argument about how logic works so what can you do?
Pedro
si... talvez no cuente como libro pero que puedo decir? simplemente me encanta! por lo menos hasta que tenga en mis garras el tomo 4 jeje...
Setsanata
I really enjoyed this one more than the previous two. Why? It was interesting to read stories that I had never witnessed in the series before.
slayra
Another satisfactory volume, but it will hold no surprises for fans of the anime.
Nina at Death Books and Tea
It really didn't help that I have no idea about baseball at all.
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Nicky
Nicky marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Rocío
Rocío marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Elise,
Elise, marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Yukiimaru Hattake
Yukiimaru Hattake marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Justin Sean
Justin Sean marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
  • K-ON! Vol. 2
  • Lucky Star 1 (Lucky Star, #1)
  • Full Metal Panic!, Vol. 1 (Full Metal Panic!, #1)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 4 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Fushigi Yugi: VizBig Edition, Volume 1
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 5 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #5)
  • Blood+, Vol. 04 (Blood+, #4)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 03 (Soul Eater, #3)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 10: A Heart's Desire... (Shugo Chara!, #10)
  • School Rumble, Volume 3
  • R.O.D. Read or Dream 1 (R.O.D. Read or Dream, #1)
  • Toradora! Vol. 4
  • Black Cat: The New Weapon, Vol. 12 (Black Cat, #12)
Nagaru Tanigawa (谷川 流 Tanigawa Nagaru)

Nagaru Tanigawa is a graduate of the Kwansei Gakuin University School of Law. In 2003, he won Kadokawa's Grand Prize for Literary World for his work on the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
More about Nagaru Tanigawa...
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 1 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4) The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #3) 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (Haruhi Suzumiya, #2)