Start by marking “Amber and Iron (Dragonlance: The Dark Disciple, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amber and Iron (Dragonlance: The Dark Disciple, #2)

Amber and Iron (Dragonlance Universe)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  2,052 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The world of Krynn is ever changing, and even the gods can be taken by surprise. And if that s true of the gods, what chance can a mere mortal have? Caught up in forces none of them could hope to face alone, a small but determined band of adventurers come together in a desperate attempt to stop an invasion.
Mina, as enigmatic as ever, escapes imprisonment to set off on a q
Published November 7th 2006 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Amber and Iron, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber and Iron

Monique
This novel is the sequel to Amber and Ashes. In it Mina comes face to face with some inconsistency in regards to who she has. As she does not remember her childhood she decides to go against Chemosh’s wishes to discover who she is. The truth to her past lies with Rhys and Nightshade. Rhys and Nightshade, while being hunted by Mina who wants answers to her past, are trying to kill Lleu (Rhy’s brother) before he can harm more women.

I enjoyed this novel as much as I enjoyed the first novel. The pl
Lily
Jun 24, 2008 Lily rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
After reading the first book Amber and Ashes, I couldn't wait for the second volume to come out. You don't have to have read any of the Dragonlance novels to read this new series. It's a quick easy read and follows the story of Mina and how she plays into the plans of the different gods in wanting to rule the world. There's a little bit of love and suspense, dealing of relationships between the immortal and mortal worlds. I can't wait to read the last book in this trilogy. I definitely recommend ...more
Tyler
Jun 28, 2007 Tyler rated it it was ok
The main problem with this series isn't so much that it's fluff, I've got nothing against that (despite obvious contrivances from the D&D rule book), it's more that there is too much focus on the gods. Specific powers and rules applied to them are constantly in the background of the story while the mortals are largely ignored, save Rhys and Nightshade. While the revealing of Mina's divinity isn't really surprising after about halfway through the book, the idea that she is of the Light is. Fr ...more
Alessandro Pellizzari
Migliora rispetto al primo, anche se di poco, soprattutto dopo la metà.

Purtroppo continua a dare l'impressione di una scarsissima pianificazione della trama. Gli dei sembrano quasi umani, per quante limitazioni hanno, per la maggior parte del tempo, salvo poi avere un guizzo di potenza divina. Poco credibili.

E monopolizzano la storia. Per quanto gli umani cerchino di fare qualcosa, si trovano sempre il dio che li blocca e devono attendere l'intervento di un altro dio per tirarsene fuori.

Le frasi
Marco
Jul 25, 2012 Marco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The characters introduced in the first volume of the Dark Disciple trilogy return in Amber and Iron. Rhys and Nightshade continue to follow Lleu, to find a way to destroy Chemosh's curse. Mina continues to help the God of Death in his attempt to rule the dark pantheon, but the mysteries from her past starts to surface, shaking her to the core. As more gods get involved, the mysteries surrounding Mina nature and origin slowly unravel.
This is the best volume of the trilogy, the one I enjoyed readi
Rebekah
Jun 28, 2016 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Mina has taken herself to the next level of godly complications, which is never good because all it does is create trouble for the world. I don't want to spoil anything. It is a truly wonderful second to the first of this trilogy. I rather wish I had the third one on hand to finish it off, to find out what happens after the end of Amber & Iron. There is no dawdling in the plot, so don't worry about it dragging on, just worry about the Beloved of Chemosh along with the god himself. We'll disc ...more
David Zerangue
Jan 11, 2011 David Zerangue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It would have been nice to reread my review for the first installment in the Dark Disciple series, but I think I said something about enjoying my return to Krynn as it has been a number of years since last I was there (or something like that).
What I can say about the second installment is that it is tremendously better than the first one and I actually liked the first one. I found the story being told at a good pace. Ms. Weis did a fine job building up to the key discoveries in this novel. The e
Kistilan
Jul 16, 2008 Kistilan rated it it was amazing
The Dark Disciple Series is Ms Weis again at her finest. The mystery behind Mina is compelling to the end. A rogue monk on Krynn is also new and refreshing amidst the many canon lorekeepers of Dragonlance. If one were finished with The Chronicles, The Legends and The War of Souls, this is the next series to read. Also, although not written by Weis, The Minotaurs Series is also key to understanding the changing land of Krynn in the 5th Age.
Jeff
Apr 26, 2009 Jeff rated it really liked it
Off like a shotgun...I'm eating it up, like the last one. In case you never knew, I can take 1-2 months to read a book, but I finished book 1 and started book 2 within a week. Practically unheard of. It's AWESOME, btw.

i am LOVIN this dark disciple series i'm reading. it almost seems that she was so inspired that words are being left out. i've found types throughout. doesn't reduce my enjoyment, tho.
Drucilla
Aug 29, 2011 Drucilla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w
I liked this entry better than I did its predecessor. The author didn't have to take the time to set up the story and thus was able to dive right in (and I mean dive right in. It would be a good idea to read this book immediately after reading the first one). As in the first entry, the pov is spread amonst the characters for a more equal and interesting read. Be forewarned, though, it ends on a cliff-hanger.
Tabitha Tomala
Jul 24, 2011 Tabitha Tomala rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal! Where as the first book didn't delve too deeply into Mina herself, this book finally answered all my questions! About half way through the book I just knew what Mina was, so when they finally came out with it I went, I knew it!! Can't wait to read the next. I was happy to see that Majere made quite the appearance in this book too.
Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes
Boring, boring, boring. Especially when you consider how many books are on my to-read shelf. That shelf is not just a list of things I would like to read. Each entry is a physical book on a physical self or a title stored on my Kindle that I actually plan to read. (I should post a picture of that sometime. My to-read shelf is actually one shelf, LOL!) So I need to be ruthless.
Brian
Oct 09, 2012 Brian rated it it was amazing
This book opens up a new world, displaying the extricates of other gods. It shows the politics of the gods and their human-like relations. A rogue monk on Krynn is also new and refreshing amidst the many canon lorekeepers of Dragonlance. If one were finished with The Chronicles, The Legends and The War of Souls, this is the next series to read.
Lana
Nov 22, 2015 Lana rated it it was amazing
amazing trilogy, truly gripping and its getting more complicated as it goes along, the beloved of chemosh are as horrible as mina is and they are becoming ever more numerous and now all the gods are becoming interested in mina to say the least!! what is the grip mina has on gods and humans alike?? hate the only way the beloved can be killed, its chilling but no spoilers!!
Ben
Jul 19, 2014 Ben rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, fantasy
I had the notion that the second instalment in any series is always the worst of the bunch, and this is based on experience. But I actually enjoyed this more than the first book, and that's saying much as I really loved the first book.

Didn't expect the twist at the end! Huge shock.
Gabor Hernadi
The second part of Mina's story. I'm a huge Dragonlance fan but unfortunately I have to tell his is not the best book by far. The gods are present way too much and they are too petty. Although the cliffhanger at the end of the book is not bad.
Aaron
Sep 13, 2008 Aaron rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Margeret Weis Fans
This book opens up a new world, displaying the extricates of other gods. It shows the politics of the gods and their human-like relations. The terrible cost of a beloveds death only feeds the fear of humans and gods alike. It was an interesting read and I had a hard time put the book down.
Stephen Delorme
Not as good as Amber and Ashes (Vol 1), but the ending makes you want more.
Ted Reed
May 28, 2013 Ted Reed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's nice to have a new trilogy with a new generation of characters in a familiar setting. Also nice is how big the other gods figure into this trilogy.
Annjean
Jun 20, 2012 Annjean rated it it was amazing
Very good I like it a lot the characters the story it was really good so good I had to get the other two books in the series on my kindle so I could read the beginning and the end of the series. :-)
Tim Dunn
Aug 03, 2011 Tim Dunn rated it liked it
I really enjoy this kind of book, and as far as this author goes, few better. This series seems to get more interesting as it goes along, can't wait to read book three.
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2011
Oona
Oona rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2009
Chawnie Jones
Chawnie Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2011
Tsg
Tsg rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Larry Rogers
Larry Rogers rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2012
Stella
Stella rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Ken McWilliams
Ken McWilliams rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
  • Empire of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #3)
  • The Measure and the Truth (Dragonlance: Rise of Solamnia, #3)
  • Flight of the Fallen (Dragonlance: Linsha, #2)
  • Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3)
  • Alliances (Dragonlance: Elven Exiles, #2)
  • Sanctuary (Dragonlance: Elven Exiles, #1)
  • Trail of the Black Wyrm (Dragonlance: Taladas, #2)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...

Dragonlance Universe (1 - 10 of 229 books)
  • Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3)
  • Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1)
  • War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)
  • Test of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #3)
  • The War of the Lance (DragonLance: Tales II, #3)
  • Dragons of a Fallen Sun (Dragonlance: The War of Souls, #1)
  • The Second Generation (Dragonlance: The Second Generation, #1)
  • Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home (Dragonlance: Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home, #1)