Start by marking “The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)

The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles #3)

They were the best of friends: Ryland, the son of the king, is bound by loyalty. Shaye is both a majicar and a Weverton, both rebellious factions. Fairlie, a fiery metal-smith, is the iron bond that held them all together. Until now.
Crosspointe's greatest advantage at sea is its ship's compasses-but the compass makers are dying. Without them, Crosspointe will fall. To sa
Published May 5th 2009 by Roc (first published 2009)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads

This is definitely my favorite installment so far. Full RTC.
Chrissy Wissler
Oct 08, 2010 Chrissy Wissler rated it liked it
"The Turning Tide" is the third book in Francis's Crosspointe series and introduces a new cast of characters to this world. Fairlie has a gift for shaping and working metal, a gift which may allow her to make the all-essential and powerful compasses, allowing Pilot's to sail the seas and avoiding the magic that can turn anything - humans, clothes, any object - into blood-thirsty, mindless monsters. Except, she's unable to work the magic as she is now...a human. For the good of Crosspointe, the K ...more
Nicole Luiken
Jan 18, 2017 Nicole Luiken rated it really liked it
Shelves: sfantasy
Happy to have finally located a copy of this book and return to the fascinating world of Crosspointe with its dangerous tides of magical sylveth, the mere touch of which turns a human into Spawn. Except sometimes the change can be controlled and majicars created. One such change lies at the heart of this novel and its effect on three friends. The books in this series share a setting and an over-arching struggle between Jutras and Crosspointe but each have their own set of .main characters. High ...more
Latharia
Jun 25, 2009 Latharia rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 Crosspointe novels. The characters were very compelling & given many morally ambiguous choices that brought their strengths and flaws to the forefront. Again I was kind of thrown for a loop (as I was with Book #2), expecting familiar characters, but instead being given totally new people with remote ties to familiar characters. If a 4th book is produced, I will happily read it.
Craig
Feb 10, 2010 Craig rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
One of the few fantasy series I've read where the main characters in each book are different, even though all the books take place in the same location at approximately the same time (pretty much chronologically consecutive). Minor characters in the first may be become major characters in a subsequent title, or major characters in the first may only appear peripherally in a later book. Works pretty well in this case.
Anne
Feb 23, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series. A powerful love, terrible choices that leave the fate of a kingdom hanging in the balance. I can't wait to see how all these characters come together for their country and rally against the forces that have pushed them around.
Jaime
Of the three novels in this series so far this one was my least favourite. Having said that I still really enjoyed the book and I enjoy having different characters to read about each time I pick up a book from this series.
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2011
Stefan
Stefan rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
April
April rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Cachet O'dell
Cachet O'dell rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Xiao
Xiao rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Austin
Austin rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2015
Hjamison1
Hjamison1 rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2011
Tia Sain
Tia Sain rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Leisa
Leisa rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
William Howe
William Howe rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Elijah Kramer
Elijah Kramer rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
Hmr28
Hmr28 rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2014
China
China rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2010
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2011
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Bookwirm
Bookwirm rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Grim Tidings (Hellhound Chronicles, #2)
  • The Vacant Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #3)
  • Song of Unmaking
  • The Pearls (Pearls and the Crowns, #1)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • Curse on the Land (Soulwood, #2)
  • The Bloodforged (Bloodbound, #2)
  • Tricks for Free (InCryptid, #7)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Untitled Circle (Tris) Book
  • The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles, #2)
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • The Saga of the Renunciates (Darkover Omnibus, #3)
  • Driven (Otherworld Stories, #13.6)
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • The Olympian Affair (The Cinder Spires, #2)
  • The King's Peace (Tir Tanagiri, #1)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc ...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...

Crosspointe Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Cipher (Crosspointe Chronicles, #1)
  • The Black Ship (Crosspointe Chronicles, #2)
  • The Hollow Crown (Crosspointe Chronicles, #4)