The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)

The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  7 reviews
They were the best of friends: Ryland, the son of the king, is bound by loyalty. Shaye is both a majicar and a Weverton, both rebellious factions. Fairlie, a fiery metal-smith, is the iron bond that held them all together. Until now.
Crosspointe's greatest advantage at sea is its ship's compasses-but the compass makers are dying. Without them, Crosspointe will fall. To sa...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Roc (first published 2009)

Chrissy Wissler
"The Turning Tide" is the third book in Francis's Crosspointe series and introduces a new cast of characters to this world. Fairlie has a gift for shaping and working metal, a gift which may allow her to make the all-essential and powerful compasses, allowing Pilot's to sail the seas and avoiding the magic that can turn anything - humans, clothes, any object - into blood-thirsty, mindless monsters. Except, she's unable to work the magic as she is now...a human. For the good of Crosspointe, the K...more
Latharia
I have to say that I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 Crosspointe novels. The characters were very compelling & given many morally ambiguous choices that brought their strengths and flaws to the forefront. Again I was kind of thrown for a loop (as I was with Book #2), expecting familiar characters, but instead being given totally new people with remote ties to familiar characters. If a 4th book is produced, I will happily read it.
Craig
One of the few fantasy series I've read where the main characters in each book are different, even though all the books take place in the same location at approximately the same time (pretty much chronologically consecutive). Minor characters in the first may be become major characters in a subsequent title, or major characters in the first may only appear peripherally in a later book. Works pretty well in this case.
Anne
Another good book in the series. A powerful love, terrible choices that leave the fate of a kingdom hanging in the balance. I can't wait to see how all these characters come together for their country and rally against the forces that have pushed them around.
Jaime
Of the three novels in this series so far this one was my least favourite. Having said that I still really enjoyed the book and I enjoy having different characters to read about each time I pick up a book from this series.
Nicole
I still like the series. The characters are real with real problems for their setting.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Melanie
Melanie is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2014
Sadi
Sadi marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Mar 29, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Christian Knudsen
Christian Knudsen marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Kathryn Blake
Kathryn Blake marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Jina Gibbs
Jina Gibbs marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Novel Frostii
Novel Frostii marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Roxana
Roxana marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
  • Song of Unmaking (White Magic, #2)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • Ivy Cole and the Moon
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri, #4)
  • Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1)
  • Wild Blue Under (Tritone Trilogy, #2)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Immortality (Immortal Witches, #4)
  • Servant: The Kindred (Servant, #3)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • Warrior Betrayed (Sons of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Cast in Flame (Chronicles of Elantra, #10)
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • In Shade and Shadow (Noble Dead: Series 2, #1)
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...
Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) Path of Fate (Path, #1) Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2) Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3) Path of Honor (Path, #2)