Start by marking “The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)

The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles #3)

They were the best of friends: Ryland, the son of the king, is bound by loyalty. Shaye is both a majicar and a Weverton, both rebellious factions. Fairlie, a fiery metal-smith, is the iron bond that held them all together. Until now.
Crosspointe's greatest advantage at sea is its ship's compasses-but the compass makers are dying. Without them, Crosspointe will fall. To sa
Published May 5th 2009 by Roc (first published 2009)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads

This is definitely my favorite installment so far. Full RTC.
Chrissy Wissler
Oct 08, 2010 Chrissy Wissler rated it liked it
"The Turning Tide" is the third book in Francis's Crosspointe series and introduces a new cast of characters to this world. Fairlie has a gift for shaping and working metal, a gift which may allow her to make the all-essential and powerful compasses, allowing Pilot's to sail the seas and avoiding the magic that can turn anything - humans, clothes, any object - into blood-thirsty, mindless monsters. Except, she's unable to work the magic as she is now...a human. For the good of Crosspointe, the K ...more
Latharia
Jun 25, 2009 Latharia rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 Crosspointe novels. The characters were very compelling & given many morally ambiguous choices that brought their strengths and flaws to the forefront. Again I was kind of thrown for a loop (as I was with Book #2), expecting familiar characters, but instead being given totally new people with remote ties to familiar characters. If a 4th book is produced, I will happily read it.
Craig
Feb 10, 2010 Craig rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
One of the few fantasy series I've read where the main characters in each book are different, even though all the books take place in the same location at approximately the same time (pretty much chronologically consecutive). Minor characters in the first may be become major characters in a subsequent title, or major characters in the first may only appear peripherally in a later book. Works pretty well in this case.
Anne
Feb 23, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series. A powerful love, terrible choices that leave the fate of a kingdom hanging in the balance. I can't wait to see how all these characters come together for their country and rally against the forces that have pushed them around.
Jaime
Of the three novels in this series so far this one was my least favourite. Having said that I still really enjoyed the book and I enjoy having different characters to read about each time I pick up a book from this series.
Nicole
Mar 26, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I still like the series. The characters are real with real problems for their setting.
SBC
Aug 20, 2016 SBC rated it it was ok
Shelves: g-adult-fantasy
This didn't catch my fancy.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Cecelia Fathi
Cecelia Fathi marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Bruce Corrie
Bruce Corrie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Brie
Brie rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Kimy Durenne
Kimy Durenne rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
M
M rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2016
Yesenia
Yesenia marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Magda Kossakowska
Magda Kossakowska marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Leanne Prewett
Leanne Prewett rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Erik Plossl
Erik Plossl marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Jane
Jane added it
Jun 05, 2016
Markus Eriksson
Markus Eriksson is currently reading it
May 29, 2016
Louise
Louise is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Tasha hastings
Tasha hastings marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Megan Fawver
Megan Fawver marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
  • Grim Tidings (Hellhound Chronicles, #2)
  • The Vacant Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #3)
  • Song of Unmaking
  • The Pearls (Pearls and the Crowns, #1)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • Curse on the Land (Soulwood, #2)
  • The Bloodforged (Bloodbound, #2)
  • Tricks for Free (InCryptid, #7)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Untitled Circle (Tris) Book
  • The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles, #2)
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • The Saga of the Renunciates (Darkover Omnibus, #3)
  • Driven (Otherworld Stories, #13.6)
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • The Olympian Affair (The Cinder Spires, #2)
  • The King's Peace (Tir Tanagiri, #1)
  • Untitled (Hidden Legacy, #3)
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc ...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...

Crosspointe Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Cipher (Crosspointe Chronicles, #1)
  • The Black Ship (Crosspointe Chronicles, #2)
  • The Hollow Crown (Crosspointe Chronicles, #4)