Start by marking “The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)

The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  8 reviews
They were the best of friends: Ryland, the son of the king, is bound by loyalty. Shaye is both a majicar and a Weverton, both rebellious factions. Fairlie, a fiery metal-smith, is the iron bond that held them all together. Until now.
Crosspointe's greatest advantage at sea is its ship's compasses-but the compass makers are dying. Without them, Crosspointe will fall. To sa
Published May 5th 2009 by Roc (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Turning Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Turning Tide

Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads

This is definitely my favorite installment so far. Full RTC.
Chrissy Wissler
"The Turning Tide" is the third book in Francis's Crosspointe series and introduces a new cast of characters to this world. Fairlie has a gift for shaping and working metal, a gift which may allow her to make the all-essential and powerful compasses, allowing Pilot's to sail the seas and avoiding the magic that can turn anything - humans, clothes, any object - into blood-thirsty, mindless monsters. Except, she's unable to work the magic as she is now...a human. For the good of Crosspointe, the K ...more
Latharia
I have to say that I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 Crosspointe novels. The characters were very compelling & given many morally ambiguous choices that brought their strengths and flaws to the forefront. Again I was kind of thrown for a loop (as I was with Book #2), expecting familiar characters, but instead being given totally new people with remote ties to familiar characters. If a 4th book is produced, I will happily read it.
Craig
One of the few fantasy series I've read where the main characters in each book are different, even though all the books take place in the same location at approximately the same time (pretty much chronologically consecutive). Minor characters in the first may be become major characters in a subsequent title, or major characters in the first may only appear peripherally in a later book. Works pretty well in this case.
Anne
Another good book in the series. A powerful love, terrible choices that leave the fate of a kingdom hanging in the balance. I can't wait to see how all these characters come together for their country and rally against the forces that have pushed them around.
Jaime
Of the three novels in this series so far this one was my least favourite. Having said that I still really enjoyed the book and I enjoy having different characters to read about each time I pick up a book from this series.
Nicole
I still like the series. The characters are real with real problems for their setting.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
A
A marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Catherine Graham
Catherine Graham marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
ares
ares added it
Apr 18, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Whimsy
Whimsy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Kate Cooper
Kate Cooper marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Ymri
Ymri added it
Mar 09, 2015
Otto Dobler
Otto Dobler marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Melinda Lamb
Melinda Lamb marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Rebekkah Thomas
Rebekkah Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Bec Morgan
Bec Morgan is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Janet Charlton
Janet Charlton marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • Song of Unmaking
  • The Cracked Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #2)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • A Pound of Flesh (Marja Duology, #2)
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • The Pearls (Pearls and the Crowns, #1)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1)
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • The King's Peace (Tir Tanagiri, #1)
  • Honeyed Words (Sarah Beauhall #2)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • Trailer Park Fae (Gallow and Ragged, #1)
  • Shapechanger's Song
  • The Saga of the Renunciates (Darkover Omnibus, #3)
  • In Shade and Shadow (Noble Dead: Series 2, #1)
  • Jade Man's Skin (Moshui, #2)
  • The Laurentine Spy
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc ...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...

Crosspointe Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Cipher (Crosspointe Chronicles, #1)
  • The Black Ship (Crosspointe Chronicles, #2)
  • The Hollow Crown (Crosspointe Chronicles, #4)
Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) Path of Fate (Path, #1) Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2) Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3) Path of Honor (Path, #2)