The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles, #3)

The Turning Tide (Crosspointe Chronicles #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  7 reviews
They were the best of friends: Ryland, the son of the king, is bound by loyalty. Shaye is both a majicar and a Weverton, both rebellious factions. Fairlie, a fiery metal-smith, is the iron bond that held them all together. Until now.
Crosspointe's greatest advantage at sea is its ship's compasses-but the compass makers are dying. Without them, Crosspointe will fall. To sa...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Roc (first published 2009)

Chrissy Wissler
"The Turning Tide" is the third book in Francis's Crosspointe series and introduces a new cast of characters to this world. Fairlie has a gift for shaping and working metal, a gift which may allow her to make the all-essential and powerful compasses, allowing Pilot's to sail the seas and avoiding the magic that can turn anything - humans, clothes, any object - into blood-thirsty, mindless monsters. Except, she's unable to work the magic as she is now...a human. For the good of Crosspointe, the K...more
Latharia
I have to say that I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 Crosspointe novels. The characters were very compelling & given many morally ambiguous choices that brought their strengths and flaws to the forefront. Again I was kind of thrown for a loop (as I was with Book #2), expecting familiar characters, but instead being given totally new people with remote ties to familiar characters. If a 4th book is produced, I will happily read it.
Craig
One of the few fantasy series I've read where the main characters in each book are different, even though all the books take place in the same location at approximately the same time (pretty much chronologically consecutive). Minor characters in the first may be become major characters in a subsequent title, or major characters in the first may only appear peripherally in a later book. Works pretty well in this case.
Anne
Another good book in the series. A powerful love, terrible choices that leave the fate of a kingdom hanging in the balance. I can't wait to see how all these characters come together for their country and rally against the forces that have pushed them around.
Jaime
Of the three novels in this series so far this one was my least favourite. Having said that I still really enjoyed the book and I enjoy having different characters to read about each time I pick up a book from this series.
Nicole
I still like the series. The characters are real with real problems for their setting.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Melody Mitton
Melody Mitton marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Choko
Choko marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Renata
Renata marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Emi
Emi marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Melanie
Melanie is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2014
  • Song of Unmaking (White Magic, #2)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • The Pearls (Pearls and the Crowns, #1)
  • The Prince of Frogs (Night's Rose #2)
  • Wild Blue Under (Tritone Trilogy, #2)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Shadow Chase (Shadowchasers, #2)
  • Ivy Cole and the Moon
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1)
  • Servant: The Kindred (Servant, #3)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • A Taste Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #1)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Meridian Six
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...
Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) Path of Fate (Path, #1) Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2) Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3) Path of Honor (Path, #2)