Start by marking “The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1” as Want to Read:
The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1

The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1

A most interesting and delightful little book is entitled The Essene Gospel Of Peace - Book 1. It was discovered in the Vatican library and appears to be a genuine manuscript written at the time of Christ or shortly thereafter. It was translated into English by Edmond Bordeaux Szekely.

The theme of this book. This book is about the healing miracles and general healing work
Published June 1st 1981 by International Biogenic Society (first published January 1st 1971)

To ask other readers questions about The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1

Layla
Jan 09, 2014 Layla rated it it was amazing
Incredible that this book lay hidden in the secret archives of the vatican, when it could have been an inspiration and spiritual tool for so many. Nevertheless, over million readership since then is still something!

The Gospel of Peace is one of the many works recording the teachings of Jesus that have been hidden from humanity because it didn't fit the paradigm of social engineering being designed by those in control.

It is such an amazing book! No sooner do you start exploring this book that yo
Paula Kowaleski
Jul 24, 2013 Paula Kowaleski rated it it was amazing
May I introduce myself? I am Paula "Nopal Eagles" Kowaleski! Praxis is day to day habitual religious activities.Eschatology is magick and miracles, and signs and wonders.For example the beloved prophesiedEssene Messiahs.Eschatology is concerned with the nagual realm, also called the spiritual, and also called the afterlife or heaven. It's where you go when you die. Though a solitary witch since 2005, also I am a reverted white muslim.I have been Muslim since 1984. Also I am a lady ordained Essen ...more
Jerome Peterson
May 26, 2014 Jerome Peterson rated it it was amazing
“The Essene Gospel”
2014
By Edmond Bordeaux Szekely

I found this copy on a free cart at the local library. The Essene movement has been subtle but continues on with nook and cranny ways of providing its books on free carts of small town libraries, thrift shops, and flea markets; a perfect venue that the Lord himself would use. It is a fascinating book with such profound effect that I was pretty much ashamed and embarrassed from its convicting content.

Translated from the third century Aramaic manu
Joseph Voelbel
Sep 11, 2015 Joseph Voelbel rated it it was amazing
This book is a jewel of insight. In particular it includes The Earths Prayer, an Essene counterpart to The Lords Prayer.

"Our Mother which art upon earth, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, and thy will be done in us, as it is in thee. As thou sendest every day Thy angels, send them to us also. Forgive us our sins, as we atone all our sins against thee. And lead us not into sickness, but deliver us from all evil, for thine is the earth, the body, and the health. Amen."

[Bodhi Tree (Buddhist
Amanda Thompson
Jan 11, 2010 Amanda Thompson rated it it was amazing
This is a life changing novel. Barely a pamplet in size, and only about $1 to purchase...it isa worth it's weight in solid gold. An absolute must read, share with friends, and keep a copy on hand as a reminder, inspiration, hope.
Sam
Jan 04, 2014 Sam rated it did not like it
While this book has some good ideas for living a healthy life, I wish they didn't try to use Jesus as their mascot. The Jesus in this book has a very different and opposing message to the one in the New Testament.
Leslie
Truly thought provoking--on many levels. It caused me to reevaluate my psychological, spiritual and physiological state and practices. It helped me to improve on many levels. It was loaned to me by a friend.
Scot
Feb 17, 2014 Scot rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
I am not sure how I feel about the "lost" books of the bible, not because I doubt their authenticity, but instead because I do not think they need to be considered as something that should have been in the bible and instead should be looked at as alternative mystical perspectives written at the same time. Whether or not Jesus ever said any of these things or help awaken the Essene brotherhood does not matter, instead I feel like one should just view this as a beautiful perspective on how to be m ...more
Christy
Dec 11, 2007 Christy added it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn about the REAL jesus.
This text, dug out of a cave only in the last century, reveals a formely unknown side of Jesus. Jesus the hippy health nut! Jesus teaches the sick Essene people about fasting, sprouting grains, and even how to perform an enema! Jesus forbids eating ANY animals and promotes eating food raw rather than cooked. He speaks not only of "The Father", but of "The Mother"...the earth. He talks about the Mother a lot, actually, preaching a comfortingly less patriarchal world-view. He even speaks AGAINST t ...more
Ryan
Apr 14, 2008 Ryan rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people that want to read everything Jesus said and somethings he didn't
As far as apocryphal scripture go, it doesn't get much more entertaining than this. This new age Jesus not only has something to say about the angels of air and water, but also our Earthly Mother. Pretty cool. About half the content is tough to triangulate with Jesus' other teachings, which would indicate that this account is apocryphal for good reason. However, there is some unique insight not given in other scriptural accounts (like instruction to chew food until it becomes liquid).
Curt
Jan 28, 2012 Curt rated it really liked it
after reading this i realized i've lived it for the last month here at the tree of life in az
Junyan Boon
Mar 24, 2010 Junyan Boon rated it it was ok
Has one small quote for raw foodists that I like.
Travis
Jul 01, 2011 Travis added it
Peace with mother nature.
David
Jul 08, 2009 David is currently reading it
I want to read all four Books. I started reading Book 1 and Book 4. They were both peace.
Frank Coppola
Frank Coppola marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Anastasiya Dolgih
Anastasiya Dolgih is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2016
Ana Duarte
Ana Duarte marked it as to-read
Cherterel Odom
Cherterel Odom marked it as to-read
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Mikaël Cardin
Mikaël Cardin marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Antonia
Antonia rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Leilani Bucknam
Leilani Bucknam marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Derrick
Derrick marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Robert Burks
Robert Burks marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Tina Cistrunk
Tina Cistrunk marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
  • The Elements of Celtic Tradition
  • The Collected Works of C.G. Jung
  • A Field Guide to the Little People
  • Pistis Sophia: A Gnostic Gospel
  • The Arthurian Legends
  • The Kabbalah Unveiled
  • The Complete Golden Dawn System Of Magic (Ltd Edition)
  • The Book of Signs
  • The Druids
  • Myths of the Greeks and Romans
  • Psychological Commentaries on the Teachings of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky
  • Documents of the Christian Church
  • The Pythagorean Sourcebook and Library: An Anthology of Ancient Writings Which Relate to Pythagoras and Pythagorean Philosophy
  • Hippie Dictionary: A Cultural Encyclopedia of the 1960s and 1970s
  • The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha: Apocalyptic Literature and Testaments
  • The Lore of Love (The Enchanted World Series)
  • A Witch's Guide To Faery Folk: How to Work With the Elemental World